Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fixtrace6
    • By Fixtrace6 1st Aug 16, 5:21 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 47Thanks
    Fixtrace6
    4year old pcn at JLA and MCOL?
    • 1st Aug 16, 5:21 PM
    4year old pcn at JLA and MCOL? 1st Aug 16 at 5:21 PM
    I have received a letter from Vehicle Control Services telling me that "Your account has been passed to our legal team". That legal team is BW Legal.
    I received a pcn in early 2012 at Liverpool Airport. The advice has always been ignore because it happened before October 2012 when new rules came into play.
    I mentioned this on another thread and was advised to start my own thread.
    Originally I was posting in solidarity with someone who is still being hassled after 5 years but someone mentioned they may try MCOL. I looked it up but am not sure what it means.
    I was not driving the car at the time and I know I do not have to give up that information but this MCOL has got my curiosity.
    Has anyone else been recently contacted about a really old pcn? Is it more scraping the bottom of the barrel?
Page 4
    • Fixtrace6
    • By Fixtrace6 10th Aug 17, 5:06 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Fixtrace6
    Update.
    Now a 5 year old pcn and no signs of any more threats since late last year.
    I have read that the airport are trying to rewrite the bye-laws. I suppose until they are lucky enough to be successful with that they will not attempt a court case.
    Just interested in any others who are in the same position. Or any other airport pcn's, or any other places with bye-laws.
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 10th Aug 17, 6:59 PM
    • 3,237 Posts
    • 3,524 Thanks
    Johno100
    Update.
    Now a 5 year old pcn and no signs of any more threats since late last year.
    I have read that the airport are trying to rewrite the bye-laws. I suppose until they are lucky enough to be successful with that they will not attempt a court case.
    Just interested in any others who are in the same position. Or any other airport pcn's, or any other places with bye-laws.
    Originally posted by Fixtrace6
    And if any change is implemented it is extremely unlikely that it would be retrospective.
    • ro80rob
    • By ro80rob 11th Oct 17, 9:50 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    ro80rob
    Court Claim Form Recieved
    Posting Removed by instigator

Many apologies. You know when it gets late and you don't get all the information. Well it's been one of those.

Sorry for time wasting.

Thanks to Umkomaas for realising my error.

... Rob.
    Last edited by ro80rob; 11-10-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: misinterpretted my problem
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Oct 17, 9:56 PM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,670 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    It is important to start a new thread on this, please do so.

One thing is for sure, VCS operate around LJLA, there has never been a court claim - ever - at LJLA and for certain, even if there was a claim, it would simply not be being brought by Civil Enforcement Ltd.

If CEL is issuing a court claim (which is easily defendable with plenty of work put in by you) it will definitely not be for LJLA or its environs.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • ro80rob
    • By ro80rob 11th Oct 17, 10:28 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    ro80rob
    Hello

OK, I'll start a new thread. Sorry, I'm not a big forum poster. Not quite got the ettiquette.

I'd appreciate it if you'd copy your post in too, just to get the ball rolling.

On your other point. It is CEL's name on the paperwork.
    From what you imply, It sounds like they are making a test case out of my daughter. Aint that grand!.

I am prepared to put the work in on her behalf, but any guidance would be great.

Cheers....

Cheers... Rob.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Oct 17, 10:30 PM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,670 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    From what you imply, It sounds like they are making a test case out of my daughter. Aint that grand!
    You entirely misunderstand. No they are not. CEL is a completely different PPC to VCS and have no presence on the roads leading to LJLA.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • ro80rob
    • By ro80rob 11th Oct 17, 10:44 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    ro80rob
    Aha

Thanks

I now understand.
    It seems my daughter overstayed parking by 10 minutes on a pub car park. That is a CEL site.

Sorry. I got confused. Not used to this.

I will try and remove my postings (if I can do that)

cheers... Rob.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Oct 17, 11:29 AM
    • 33,509 Posts
    • 17,390 Thanks
    Quentin
    You can remove posts by using "edit" then clicking on "delete" (3 separate times in each post)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

251Posts Today

1,383Users online

Martin's Twitter