Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • luhrmann
    • By luhrmann 27th Jul 16, 8:19 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 52Thanks
    luhrmann
    card-making supplies recs?
    • 27th Jul 16, 8:19 PM
    card-making supplies recs? 27th Jul 16 at 8:19 PM
    hi all,

i've decided that i would like to do something crafty and after looking at some of the fun a coworker has had making cards, i thought i'd give this a try first.

so my question to you is what sites/stores would you recommend for the basic starter supplies? there are so many around that i don't know where to start! hobbycraft seems an obvious one but it's often the most expensive. unfortunately we don't have a crafty store (except hobbycraft) in my town so online recs would be fantastic!
    £2016 in 2016: £30.37
Page 1
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 28th Jul 16, 3:41 PM
    • 9,539 Posts
    • 33,644 Thanks
    luxor4t
    • 28th Jul 16, 3:41 PM
    • 28th Jul 16, 3:41 PM
    I buy the sticky foam pads and double sided foam tape in the £1 shop (any of them) and have occasionally picked up packs of embellishments or card blanks.
    Wilkinsons have a craft section and are pretty good for basics like backing papers, card blanks and stickers etc.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
    • craftmad
    • By craftmad 5th Aug 16, 7:42 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    craftmad
    • 5th Aug 16, 7:42 PM
    • 5th Aug 16, 7:42 PM
    Is it OK for us to list our favourite craft websites (I know some forums don't like it)? There's some that I could recommend.
    • franklee
    • By franklee 12th Oct 16, 11:15 PM
    • 3,508 Posts
    • 3,702 Thanks
    franklee
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:15 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 11:15 PM
    For chain shops I buy from The Range, Wilkinsons and sometimes The Works.

For lovely cheap card toppers I buy The Works calendars just after Christmas when they are marked down and that gives me 12 colourful pictures.

When I asked on here where to buy white card this site was recommended:
    http://www.craftcreations.com/
    I have some great card stock from them at super prices. Plus lots of ribbon. Recommend a look in their bargain corner also.

If you intend to post your cards note the postage charges including depth of the package before you do your design. For example a tied bow can be quite chunky so will add to postage costs.
    Last edited by franklee; 12-10-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

312Posts Today

1,373Users online

Martin's Twitter