• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Meal plan sorted and signature updated.

From looking at our debt we need to focus on clearing :

My Tesco cc
    My Barclaycard
    Dh Nuba and Halifax

These are all due to come off 0% at the latest next Oct. I won’t be able to clear all of them by next year as they add up to over 13k.
  • Small steps debtaghh, even if you can't clear them all by then just reducing them will make an impact x
  • debtaghh
    Small steps debtaghh, even if you can't clear them all by then just reducing them will make an impact x

Thanks, I’m going to focus on my Tesco first which I’ve got down to £700, will be great to have one less cc!

Hope you have a lovely weekend x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I would just concentrate on paying as much as you can afford at the momemt, then maybe after Christmas come up with a plan to clear any that you think are possible by October. At least this way it will all be clear to you and you won't be worrying at the last minute.

You are doing really well and posting so that has to count as a win.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,581 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Getting rid of one credit card is a good idea as you can look on it as a small win.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mags35
    Mags35 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Just read your whole story! It’s like reading about own story, it’s so hard to stay on track but your doing really well keep going :)
  • debtaghh
    Mags35 wrote: »
    Just read your whole story! It’s like reading about own story, it’s so hard to stay on track but your doing really well keep going :)

Thanks for reading my story. It definitely is hard staying on track when money is so tight but I can only try. Good luck with your road to being debt free.
  • debtaghh
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend. I feel exhausted and like I’ve been non stop all weekend.

This whole half term has been a very low spend but was needed as next weekend will be an expensive one but money has been allocated. My dd came back from her trip and actually had £70 left over, I’m very impressed. That will go towards her Xmas present!
  • debtaghh
    Morning,

I can’t believe the kids are back to school already.

I’m out all day today but am taking my lunch with me for me and dd and a bottle of water. I’m Xmas shopping with friends and last time we did this , we just bought sandwiches from a shop so I thought I might as well just bring my own. I managed to persuade my family that we should only spend £5 on each other and do token gifts for us adults, which they have actually agreed too, this is a saving of £100! I’ve still spent a lot but I include things that the chn have needed for months but I’ve just added it on as Xmas presents eg : bath towel, electric toothbrush ( recommended by the dentist), underwear, pjs, dressing gown etc.

Before going out I need to:

Answer a business question
    Clean kitchen
    Make lunch and pack snacks
    Pack item
    Load machine

Today will be a spend day but money allocated and I have £20 worth of boots points ( I don’t shop there normally as too expensive but took up an offer). I will use the points to buy Xmas presents. I also need to change the money my dd came back with.

Have a great day everyone x
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,581 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Two wins then today. An agreement to lower gift expectations and a shopping trip with packed lunch rather than expensive coffee shops.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback