Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lacoste1985
    • By lacoste1985 24th Jul 16, 12:01 PM
    • 176Posts
    • 81Thanks
    lacoste1985
    Asda price guarantee vouchers queries
    • 24th Jul 16, 12:01 PM
    Asda price guarantee vouchers queries 24th Jul 16 at 12:01 PM
    hi all
    I have recently started wombling other peoples asda receipts but have already reached my limit of 10 per calendar month. Yesterday i found a couple that I have checked today and they have got about £5 on them, i tried to print them off but keep getting a message "Unfortunately, you can't claim this voucher as your household has already made 10 claims this month. Please try again next month."

does this mean i have to wait until 1st Aug before i can print these off?

thanks
Page 1
    • ajbell
    • By ajbell 8th Aug 16, 1:09 AM
    • 925 Posts
    • 2,997 Thanks
    ajbell
    • 8th Aug 16, 1:09 AM
    • 8th Aug 16, 1:09 AM
    No, just register again with a different email and password.
    4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.
    • ByteZine
    • By ByteZine 11th Aug 16, 3:25 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ByteZine
    • 11th Aug 16, 3:25 PM
    asda price guarantee : new rules ?
    • 11th Aug 16, 3:25 PM
    site says you need to bring the old receipt ?
    Is this a new rule ?
    I don't recall needing this in the past. (only used about 3 times)
    also I had to sign up, which in the past I didn't.
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 11th Aug 16, 4:59 PM
    • 778 Posts
    • 503 Thanks
    jon81uk
    • 11th Aug 16, 4:59 PM
    • 11th Aug 16, 4:59 PM
    You always had to show the receipt with the voucher.
    • ByteZine
    • By ByteZine 11th Aug 16, 5:04 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ByteZine
    • 11th Aug 16, 5:04 PM
    • 11th Aug 16, 5:04 PM
    ok thanks

I only started using recently.
    perhaps they let people off with their 1st voucher, as I dont recall bringing the old receipt (at self checkout) or signing up.
    • aau1
    • By aau1 12th Sep 16, 2:02 PM
    • 18,725 Posts
    • 324,593 Thanks
    aau1
    • 12th Sep 16, 2:02 PM
    • 12th Sep 16, 2:02 PM
    You always had to show the receipt with the voucher.
    Originally posted by jon81uk
    except for a brief spell recently when you didn't
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • Sparhawke
    • By Sparhawke 22nd Sep 16, 4:08 AM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 2,383 Thanks
    Sparhawke
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:08 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 4:08 AM
    You have around 28 days from the time of receipt to printing it out then I think a further three weeks, what you are best doing is if you get a load then rank then from most to least, no point wasting a spot on a 17p voucher if you could use it on a £3 one

What I am considering doing is getting around this 10 per household limit too when I get enough, I hate restrictions that serve to just stifle you.
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
    • kjarvo
    • By kjarvo 8th Aug 17, 9:47 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kjarvo
    • 8th Aug 17, 9:47 PM
    • 8th Aug 17, 9:47 PM
    No, just register again with a different email and password.
    Originally posted by ajbell
    Unfortunately, it then says that this voucher has been claimed by another account. It happened to me
    • simesb
    • By simesb 12th Sep 17, 4:41 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    simesb
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:41 AM
    APG voucher self service 'rejection'
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:41 AM
    Since an 'update' around 10 days ago, at my local Asda, all my best-quality-printed APG vouchers are being rejected (unknown barcode) on the self service checkouts, and I have to seek assistance.
    It could be this is deliberate rejection since APG vouchers and self service have always been an unholy marriage for Asda staff, even viewed with suspicion for some reason.
    I know of one store where the deposit slot on the self service checkouts for used APG vouchers are deliberately blocked up for the same reason.
    • tiredwithtwins
    • By tiredwithtwins 24th Sep 17, 11:15 AM
    • 405 Posts
    • 1,135 Thanks
    tiredwithtwins
    Since an 'update' around 10 days ago, at my local Asda, all my best-quality-printed APG vouchers are being rejected (unknown barcode) on the self service checkouts, and I have to seek assistance.
    It could be this is deliberate rejection since APG vouchers and self service have always been an unholy marriage for Asda staff, even viewed with suspicion for some reason.
    I know of one store where the deposit slot on the self service checkouts for used APG vouchers are deliberately blocked up for the same reason.
    Originally posted by simesb

my local asda is superstore, and prior to using this store I went to a superstore in a different part of the city - they always have problems with the vouchers ... always have and probably always will.
    at the end of the day its money off from your previous shop (or someone elses shop if you womble like I do!) ... just ignore any attitude or comments and claim your money off. if theres a queue I may smile and apologise for keeping people waiting but not usually.
    regarding the values, i dont log in to check the receipt, and just jot on the top of the receipt the value then when I use them for my end of month shop I print off the most valuable ... or like others have said, just open another account - I used a different email address and used my mums home address ... she didn't shop at asda, and I opt out of the mailing so no problems. just use the vouchers from each account on different days so theres no problem. I also pay cash with the vouchers ... for no particular reason, only that my end of the month shop is usually made up from vouchers and £1, £2 & 50p coins I save from the first 3 or 4 weeks change ... (im a nurse and single parent to 3 teens so when its a 5 week month before payday, things are tight by the end of week 4!!)

as a ps to the wombling .. the best one I found gave a voucher for £9.14!!
    wading through the treacle of life!
    • faddy
    • By faddy 3rd Dec 17, 1:09 AM
    • 370 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    faddy
    Used my first APG voucher today. After I'd said that I'd like to have my receipt back, the assistant scanned it (but didn't write on it). Is this how they now prevent repeat usage of a voucher?
    • sheffieldeagle
    • By sheffieldeagle 12th Dec 17, 4:33 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    sheffieldeagle
    Hi

Does anyone know if the APG vouchers can still be used on the self service tills and if so whats the process?

Many thanks
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 12th Dec 17, 4:40 PM
    • 2,221 Posts
    • 4,245 Thanks
    dlusman
    Hi

Does anyone know if the APG vouchers can still be used on the self service tills and if so whats the process?

Many thanks
    Originally posted by sheffieldeagle
    Has worked okay in the past , but last time I tried ( at beginning of December ) it didnt work and had to get assistance.
    • ByteZine
    • By ByteZine 12th Dec 17, 4:52 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ByteZine
    i always have to get staff now. i wonder if a staff person put me on a 'bad' list.

I am confused cos Tesco vouchers can only be used once. I accidentally tried one twice and it was rejected 2nd time ('already used').

Meanwhile asda/walmart don't seem to have the ability to notice a voucher has been used, or so they say.
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 12th Dec 17, 5:39 PM
    • 1,470 Posts
    • 1,755 Thanks
    Kim_13
    Hi

Many thanks
    Originally posted by sheffieldeagle
    Recently tried and even the attendant couldn't do it. She had to just key it in as a voucher (even keying in the APG bar code didn't work) and get a supervisor to authorise it because it was over £2.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2017 #9 ~ £108.83/£250.00
    CCCC 2017 #1 ~ £220.95/£120.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 14th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    • 7,415 Posts
    • 13,617 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I find needing a staff member to authorise any APG on self scan is a PITA. I normally go through a manned till or 'pretend; I forgot to pick up an item and go to the kiosk instead.

Tesco, I scanned £15.50 of coupons without any help from the assitants - three coupons.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

374Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin