Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tansycat
    • By tansycat 23rd Jul 16, 8:45 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 11Thanks
    tansycat
    GFK Media survey warning
    • 23rd Jul 16, 8:45 AM
    GFK Media survey warning 23rd Jul 16 at 8:45 AM
    I thought I'd warn other GFK media survey users to make sure they use up all their points in the prize draw as soon as anything remotely interesting comes up as a prize.

After being on the panel for many years, they decided to take me off the panel "to allow for some newer contributors the chance to tell us about their TV and Radio Habits."
    They gave me just 2 weeks notice to use up 23,000 points in their prize draws. Since I got the email there's been nothing I could use them up on and today I'm locked out of the site so all my points are lost. I know the chances of winning one of these vouchers are remote but after filling in their surveys almost every day for over a decade I think they could have given me more notice.
Page 1
    • bettyboo71
    • By bettyboo71 15th Aug 16, 5:56 PM
    • 229 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    bettyboo71
    • 15th Aug 16, 5:56 PM
    • 15th Aug 16, 5:56 PM
    Thanks for the warning. I think I am sitting with about 7000 points now, and I rarely ever want the prizes, so have been considering giving it up. I might just wait until they have a voucher I would realistically use, then put all my points into that draw.
    • Macliz
    • By Macliz 22nd Sep 16, 7:59 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Macliz
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:59 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:59 AM
    tansycat I wish I had read your thread sooner I have just had my account disabled with no warning stating that my reviews are no longer required and I had 18200 points I would say to anyone else don't waste your time
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 22nd Sep 16, 9:03 AM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 2,480 Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:03 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:03 AM
    Has anyone ever actually won one of these prizes ? I've been doing these surveys for years now, and never won anything. I've won several £1 and £2 vouchers in their WISAD surveys, but not a sausage on the Media surveys.
    I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
    • tonycarew
    • By tonycarew 23rd Sep 16, 11:41 AM
    • 191 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    tonycarew
    • 23rd Sep 16, 11:41 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 11:41 AM
    Having read the OP's post in July I exchanged my 50,000 points for prize draw entries in August,not a sausage won either.
    • fly-catchers
    • By fly-catchers 24th Sep 16, 7:42 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    fly-catchers
    • 24th Sep 16, 7:42 PM
    • 24th Sep 16, 7:42 PM
    A year or so back before they changed their prize draw options I did win £50 twice with their bonus draw. Both prizes occurred within a month of each other which was a surprise. Apart from those it has just been £1 & £2 wins and the odd guaranteed £5 when you do the longer surveys. But overall I rarely bother these days. Must use up those spares points though!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,422Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

• Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

• Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

• Follow Martin