Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 20th Jul 16, 9:35 AM
    • 1,199Posts
    • 541Thanks
    Roger1
    0 WOW
    'Supercard'/Tastecard
    • 20th Jul 16, 9:35 AM
    0 WOW
    'Supercard'/Tastecard 20th Jul 16 at 9:35 AM
    This week's Moneysaving Email is promoting a so-called 'Supercard' from Tastecard. This has a monthly subscription and a 'free' one-year Tastecard.

There is an opportunity to comment, but only if Facebook-registered. So here's my comment.

I'm surprised to see the once-proud MSE endorsing a product from this bunch. Those referral bonuses must be even more valuable than I thought.

For new readers, Tastecard have an interesting view on continuous authority payments, appearing to be worse than trigger happy. OK, so the Tastecard won't renew automatically, but how about the 'Supercard'? The monthly sub starts quickly. Will they be trigger happy on that as well?

I put 'Supercard' in quotes above as it has nothing to do with the SuperCard from Travelex, which is of course free and has other benefits.

For anybody wanting the dining offer, take a look at buying a Telegraph subscription for £20-worth of Tesco Clubcard points. This has the dining offer for a year. Oh, and it also has a year of Daily/Sunday Telegraph online.
Page 3
    • tripled
    • By tripled 3rd Sep 16, 12:26 PM
    • 2,420 Posts
    • 1,069 Thanks
    tripled
    Having an AWFUL time trying to cancel my Supercard trial. Tried for the last few days and spending 10+minutes on hold repeatedly and they don't answer. No reply to emails either! I will be furious if they take the next payment from me as I have been trying hard to get through.
    It was a right scam really. The fantastic cinema offer that they had has been MASSIVELY scaled back and they have "no stock" of the majority of the vouchers now. I was lucky enough to get a full year tastecard but if they start charging me the monthly fee before I can get through to cancel it will not have been worth it at all! such hassle.
    Originally posted by lucy1038
    I got through straight away to cancel mine last week, there must be a lot of people leaving it late swamping the lines now

You could trying phoning your bank and asking them to block the continuous payment authority so they can't take the payment. I'm not how that would stand in terms of your contract with supercard though - perhaps an email and a letter (with proof of postage) advising them of your action and that you are cancelling in writing because you can't get through by phone would cover your back.
    • pianist52
    • By pianist52 22nd Sep 16, 12:09 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pianist52
    Supercard/Tastecard
    HI, I am in the midst of booking the 'free' hotel stay. Supercard are a nightmare to deal with! Will cancel straight after we've been.They don't answer emails except with a standard auto reply. I waited 7 days after they were going to get back to me.
    The date they offered is in 3 days time now. I facebooked in the evening and THAT got a response - would be dealt with 1st thing. Had to message again at 10am. They then said I hadn't replied to email offer, but I have the emails and forwarded them all back to them. Result after many, many emails, FB messages, is they have booked the correct night and place BUT are refusing to include breakfast, which is part of the Village Hotel deal. (see no.10. in terms and conditions)
    No acknowledgement of poor service and no apology.
    I am going to escalate using Martin's Resolver tool.
    Don't recommend anyone dealing with them, on the grounds they are a health risk!!.
    • pianist52
    • By pianist52 22nd Sep 16, 12:49 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pianist52
    Some progress
    Update on Hotel stay not including breakfast when it should.
    Having mentioned - 'Trading Standards' suddenly I get the following email:
    "
    Hello Sally,

Thank you for your email.

We have looked into this further, as a result we will reinburse you the cost of breakfast up to £10 per person, if you can provide us a copy of your till receipt.

As soon as we receive your receipt we will arrange the re-imbursement straight away for you.

Kind Regards
    Mark
    Supercard Concierge Team

Of course still no apology, but an implicit admission that the basis they are booking the rooms on does not comply with their T and C. It means I will be compensated, but what about other bookers?? Suggest you take the same approach.
    They really are slippery!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

741Posts Today

5,533Users online

Martin's Twitter