Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jamski07
    • By jamski07 17th Jul 16, 11:50 PM
    • 88Posts
    • 14Thanks
    jamski07
    Claiming against Norwegian Airlines
    • 17th Jul 16, 11:50 PM
    Claiming against Norwegian Airlines 17th Jul 16 at 11:50 PM
    Thought I would document the progress of my claim as I can't see anything specific to Norwegian on here.

So we were 7.5 hours delayed due to a member of ground staff being ill. To date, long story short, they've tried to fob us off claiming exceptional circumstances and citing a case about a damaged engine, totally irrelevant!

I refused their offer of reimbursing our expenses of £60, found a case that went against the airline that has the exact same circumstance as ours, and have issued a Notice before action today.

Planning on taking this all the way myself as the NWNF solicitors would be taking pretty much half of the compensation.

Any advise welcome, especially regarding the small claims court, as it's going to have to be European Small Claims Procedure I think, can't see a UK address anywhere for them.

As recommended in Vaubans guide, I have given them 14 days to respond, so have a couple of weeks to do my research for the next phase. Thanks to those who have helped on here to date.
Page 5
    • EmmaLD
    • By EmmaLD 1st Dec 17, 2:09 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EmmaLD
    Here’s my attempt to counter their rejection of my claim!!

The delay to my flight D81609 was caused by a delay to the incoming flight D81609 4 Nov 2017.

This delay was not caused by weather as you assert - please see below.

Aircraft B38M 737 MAX departed EDI 18:05 and landed at YUL 21:42 EDT

We were told there was a technical fault on B38M and it was diverted to YUL - records prove this

Aircraft B738 737-800 departed YUL 23:14 EDT arriving 00:00 EDT +1 BDL

Weather in your ‘network’ was not the reason for this delay - you changed the aircraft at YUL

I was expecting a 737 MAX to arrive rather than a 737-800 and gate staff confirmed there had been a technical fault and B38M was diverted to YUL. I also have the evidence that another customer was told exactly the same by your gate agent.

Within the Regulation and the case you quoted this is not considered to be an exception circumstance.

I have copied in the UK CAA and will raise a formal complaint if you fail to respond accordingly.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 1st Dec 17, 9:05 AM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    Perhaps a little change - correct term is Extraordinary Circumstance, not exception.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • DrA_Harrogate
    • By DrA_Harrogate 1st Dec 17, 9:27 AM
    • 254 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    DrA_Harrogate
    Norwegian Airlines UK
    Hope it helps a couple of folk that Norwegian Airlines are UK registered at Companies House and their registered address is:

First Point, Buckingham Gate, Gatwick Airport, England, RH6 0NT

which means they can be pursued via the UK route, I guess.
    • sensibleshoes
    • By sensibleshoes 13th Dec 17, 3:02 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    sensibleshoes
    Agree to compensation
    After submitting my claim 5 weeks ago for 2 cancelled flights & re routing to another airport, Norwegian have accepted my claim under the EU261 directive.

I would find it incredible they didn't accept it but reading reviews by other passengers I was worried they would reject it just to be awkward with the hope I would stop the claim.

Just got to wait for the money, no doubt another 5 weeks!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

1,252Users online

Martin's Twitter