Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• dollydiva
    • By dollydiva 15th Jul 16, 2:13 AM
    • 282Posts
    • 98Thanks
    GB Energy Price Hike
    • 15th Jul 16, 2:13 AM
    GB Energy Price Hike 15th Jul 16 at 2:13 AM
    Received an email from GB Energy announcing they were raising their variable rate tariff by 7%

Never really been happy with this bunch of amateurs since I discovered they want meter readings every month AND unless you give them on the last day of the month, you get an estimated bill.

The increase takes place on 21 August - oh but you can avoid it by signing up ANOTHER 12 months onto their fixed 12 Crystal Tariff. In other words, we're holding you to ransom unless you sign up again.

I really, really, shouldn't bother with any Energy supplier recommended by mse Energy Club. 3rd time in a row now that it's turned out to be a con - they sell it to you saying its' the 'best' low tariff and then sucker you in; then the price increases start and the Energy Club has the damn cheek to email you to tell you that you're not getting the best tariff. Evidently, irony is lost on the Energy Club.
Page 3
    • haamad
    • By haamad 14th Oct 16, 12:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GB Price Hike
    I used moneysupermarket, and the cheapest for me was a company called IRESA. They are actually a company that you can't join through MS, so I went to them dirct.
    Interestingly, I've just realised that GB put their tariff up in August by about 7%, so that makes a total increase of almost 44% !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

858Posts Today

6,213Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Superb and chilling piece on #newsnight right now, animated reading from someone under ISIS rule in Mosul

• In my view that's a usually a mistake see my

• Does anyone know when we get US election results - ie is it a watch it overnight on morning of 9nov or watch the next day, or is it days?

• Follow Martin