Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• markray007
    • By markray007 12th Jul 16, 11:57 PM
    • 192Posts
    • 68Thanks
    Music Magpie - Warning
    • 12th Jul 16, 11:57 PM
    Music Magpie - Warning 12th Jul 16 at 11:57 PM
    I sent MM a working HTC phone. I couldnt check emails for a time. I now find they have offered me £7 instead of £75 ish. Because i didn't reply within 4 days I have lost my working HTC and £65. Apparently it had screen burn???? Currently raising a complaint as I believe that their T and Cs are appalling and put consumers at a distinct disadvantage, particularly when expecting customers to respond to electronic communication within 4 days. Won't be recommending MM or using them again, feel completely ripped off....lets hope they respond to my complaint within 45 seconds, as that was in my T and C's!!!
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.
Page 2
    • LJI1976
    • By LJI1976 14th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    I bought a s6 edge of these in June last year and it came with a slight screenburn see this post here…320 the very last reply.

Anyways I recently managed to pick a s8 up for £300 so it was time for it to be sold and would you know it Music Magpie were offering £123 whichwas the best price so sent it off Tuesday and received an email about screenburn and was offered £33!

I was straight on the phone and explained it was sold to me like this and if you check the previous emails to them just after I bought it you'd sed I was complaining about screenburn and if it was to get any worse could I send it back under warranty.

She said it was lines down the screen which has me worried hoping it still in the same condition, she said she'd forward the pictures (from the warehouse) in an email which I didn't receive I rang up at 4.30 and it shut at 5... And she'd also refuse the offer which hasn't been done as I can still refuse or accept the offer so going to have to ring again tomorrow but she's opened the warranty issue on a email.

Here's the fun part she said I have to get the phone back to me then send it back to them for the warranty for them to take 7 days to replace the handset for me then to send it back to them to sell! What a faff on!

Tbh if it comes back in the condition I sent it to them I'll cut my loses and do a quick sale of 100 bound to get that.

But I've been well and truly put off selling to MM!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,121Posts Today

7,419Users online

Martin's Twitter