Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starrybear
    • By starrybear 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 5Thanks
    starrybear
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?
    • 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer? 5th Jul 16 at 2:57 PM
    Hi all,

I've searched for answers to this, but can't find anything recent.

If anyone has dealt with Precise recently, I'd appreciate any insight into your timelines?

Thanks in advance
Page 35
    • EmilyTRex
    • By EmilyTRex 3rd Nov 17, 8:36 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EmilyTRex
    Just to let everyone still waiting know if you don’t already that your mortgage offer is valid from the date of valuation not the offer date, so the house we are buying was valued on the 7th of September and our offer was given on the 25th October giving us 6 weeks to complete the sale! Has anyone had to extend their offers? If so is it a quick and easy process?
    • Cokibear123
    • By Cokibear123 6th Nov 17, 12:16 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cokibear123
    All paperwork received and signed and sent back today!!!! It is 5 weeks since application tomorrow and we received our offer 4 weeks from application so it has taken almost a week to get the paperwork. Thought Iíd give people a heads up.
    • mchanot
    • By mchanot 7th Nov 17, 4:18 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mchanot
    Precise still not happy with the Signature Discrepancy Form so have asked for a new one. Missed exchange date by two weeks now and the builders are releasing the property to other buyers who can move quickly.

Absolute joke with every update and sheer inconsistencies throughout the process.

Wouldn't allow us to borrow what we wanted unless we tied in for a 5 year term which would cost more than a variable rate - which makes no sense!
    • SherriO
    • By SherriO 10th Nov 17, 11:03 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SherriO
    Just to let everyone still waiting know if you donít already that your mortgage offer is valid from the date of valuation not the offer date, so the house we are buying was valued on the 7th of September and our offer was given on the 25th October giving us 6 weeks to complete the sale! Has anyone had to extend their offers? If so is it a quick and easy process?
    Originally posted by EmilyTRex
    Out of curiosity why is it only 6 weeks you have been given? We received offer this month and it runs out in April.
    • SherriO
    • By SherriO 10th Nov 17, 11:09 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SherriO
    Just wanted to update. We got our offer and it took just over 2 weeks from application. Only Came back with 1 question re child tax credit repayments. ��������
    • EmilyTRex
    • By EmilyTRex 10th Nov 17, 1:06 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EmilyTRex
    It was because the offer is only valid for 3 months as I am not buying a new build, and the 3 months began at the date of valuation which was 7th September , not the date of offer which was 25th October.
    • james_lawless
    • By james_lawless 10th Nov 17, 4:32 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    james_lawless
    Submitted my application for a mortgage on Wednesday. Currently being assessed by advisor before it goes to underwriters.
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 18th Nov 17, 8:38 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    Update:

Told Monday it would go to offer, received formal offer in the post on Wednesday - couldn't be happier! It's a long old road but worth it in the end! We applied mid September so about 7 weeks in total.
    • Cokibear123
    • By Cokibear123 18th Nov 17, 11:22 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cokibear123
    We received our offer on 6th November, signed everything and sent it back in the post same day. We are still waiting for the solicitor to do their bit and send us out the forms to sign. Spoke to solicitors Secretary yesterday and she said that it was being done on Monday. Hopefully it will be completed before 1st Dec as that when my next mortgage payment comes out and i donít want to pay that and then pay Precise 10 days after completion.

We are remortgaging btw so shouldnít take too long.
    • dixxie10
    • By dixxie10 20th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dixxie10
    Hi ... Newbie here

Our application went in on Tuesday 14th November and received by precise on the 17th so far we have had to change solicitors as the ones we had were not on precise's panel of lenders .. no other information as of yet so fingers crossed all goes smoothly i dont think my ticker can handle a 7 week wait haha xx

Good luck everyone xx
    • Cokibear123
    • By Cokibear123 24th Nov 17, 11:43 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cokibear123
    Still waiting on the solicitor to send us out the paperwork to sign. We were told it would be by last Friday and today it is a week later and weíve still not received it. We were told yesterday that they were hoping to have it in the post last night. I wonít hold my breath. We were given the mortgage offer 3 weeks ago!!!!

Precise were really quick in doing the offer (4 weeks) but the solicitor is less than useless!!! We were hoping to complete by next Thursday so that we donít have to pay another mortgage payment and then the payment to Precise but looks like that isnít going to happen.
    • dixxie10
    • By dixxie10 24th Nov 17, 12:52 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dixxie10
    Thats really rubbish that ... you think its all over when you have the offer but obviously not ..

application went in 14th
    changed solicitors 17th
    Asked for more info 21st
    that info sent 23rd
    more info asked for 23rd which was sent today ( 24th )
    Vaulation booked in for thursday 30th novemeber
    hopes of a xmas move in have gone but tbh if the house is ours i no longer care haha xx
    • Cokibear123
    • By Cokibear123 3rd Dec 17, 12:53 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cokibear123
    Still waiting on the solicitors. Hopefully all the paperwork is done now and on Monday they will be requesting the money from Precise. The solicitor has had the paperwork for 4 weeks now. Precise were fast but the solicitor downright atrocious. Hopefully will be done within the week fingers crossed
    • dixxie10
    • By dixxie10 5th Dec 17, 6:57 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dixxie10
    application went in 14th
    changed solicitors 17th
    Asked for more info 21st
    that info sent 23rd
    more info asked for 23rd which was sent today ( 24th )
    Vaulation booked in for thursday 30th novemeber
    hopes of a xmas move in have gone but tbh if the house is ours i no longer care haha xx

UPDATE---- WE JUST HAD OUR OFFER -04/12/2017 - 20 DAYS FROM FULL APPLICATION INCLUDING WEEKENDS AND GOING BACK AND FORTH WITH PAPERWORK !! COULD NOT BE HAPPIER !! XXX GOOD LUCK EVERYONE XX
    • Cokibear123
    • By Cokibear123 5th Dec 17, 6:16 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cokibear123

Yeah!!!!! Well done. Weíre STILL waiting on the solicitors. They have got everything signed now so I donít understand why they cannot just request the funds from Precise. We could have been done weeks ago if it wasnít for the solicitor. Itís not as though we are not paying them a lot. They are charging £800 cos it included as transfer of deed from me and my ex to me and my husband. My ex received and signed his paperwork and took it into the solicitors on the same day so thatís not the hold up.
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 6th Dec 17, 5:47 AM
    • 198 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Time2go
    Precise were the easy bit in our move (our chain was us and our buyer as we moved into new build) offer in three weeks tools nearly 4 months in total for us to move!!!
    • dixxie10
    • By dixxie10 6th Dec 17, 8:15 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dixxie10
    Oh gosh i hope that doesnt happen to us ... our solicitors have been absolutely on the ball we are going to exchange monday just us and a new build as we are in rented so no chain at all .. they have given us 22nd december as completion date but thats when our advisor didnt know we have already had searches and things done already ... our solicitor said all he was waiting for was the offer then we can get crackin so hopefully they mean what they say ! hope things move soon for you cokibear123 !! xxx
    • EmilyTRex
    • By EmilyTRex 7th Dec 17, 9:50 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EmilyTRex
    Completed our purchase yesterday! Solicitor was brilliant. Started application 9th September, offer given 24th October and completed 6th December. The day before my mortgage offer ran out! Was very stressful process 3 months in total and numerous documents later we have finally got there!
    • Cokibear123
    • By Cokibear123 15th Dec 17, 9:42 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cokibear123
    FINALLY completed today!!!! 11 weeks from application being submitted. Precise took only 3 from application to offer but the rest of the time has been the dreadful solicitors. We only completed today after a massive rant from me to the solicitor after them saying it could be the first week in January!!!!

Just so happy now to have the remortgage in place and having bought my ex out of the house I feel free!!!

Hope everyone else gets their completion soon. Xxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,912Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin