Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starrybear
    • By starrybear 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 3Thanks
    starrybear
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?
    • 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer? 5th Jul 16 at 2:57 PM
    Hi all,

I've searched for answers to this, but can't find anything recent.

If anyone has dealt with Precise recently, I'd appreciate any insight into your timelines?

Thanks in advance
Page 28
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 15th Sep 17, 6:41 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    @time2go

It's defo looking good for u I would say. The broker also had loads of paperwork for us was just proof of address they wanted for my husband don't know why as he's been on voters roll for 13 years. good luck let me know how it goes
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 15th Sep 17, 6:56 AM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    @annie what's yours it timeline so far
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 15th Sep 17, 6:01 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    @Time2go
    It will be two weeks tomorrow since full application x
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 15th Sep 17, 6:09 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    @Time2go
    Sorry meant two weeks on Monday x
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 15th Sep 17, 6:30 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    Had to send another document today though as the one my husband sent was no good so send bank statement they should get that Monday. Hoping surveyor will be instructed after that. @Time2go how long have u been waiting? X
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 15th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    Our application has been submitted and the valuation fee came out straight away? Is that normal? Although I can't see any searches on my credit file?
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 15th Sep 17, 7:21 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    Mon 12 app went in credit search done and valuation fee taken
    Wed 13 valuation instructed
    Fri 15 they contact builder and valuation booked in for next Thursday.

So far they have asked for payslips p60 and bank statements nothing further.

We are htb and tier 1.
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 15th Sep 17, 8:24 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    We gave 4 months bank statements and p60s to our broker prior along with employment contracts, deposit gift letter, credit card statements and ID's hoping they will have everything they need!
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 15th Sep 17, 8:24 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    Did your broker not take all that away with them?
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 15th Sep 17, 8:26 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    Like bank statements etc? Oh and 3 months payslips.

PS we are HTB tier 2 at the moment!
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 15th Sep 17, 8:41 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    Yeah put mortgage broker has that and more apparently their i standard stuff you give to them and then they come back with a shopping list of extr things. I don't think we have had our shopping list yet but when they do come back with it hopefully broker has everything
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 15th Sep 17, 10:52 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    We gave our broker loads aswell and only been asked for two things so hoping that's it. They said in order to proceed to the next stage we need this: so hoping as soon as they receive letter valuation will be instructed x
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 18th Sep 17, 8:01 AM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    So start of week 2 for us today valuation booked in for Thursday cross fingers for some news this week (even if it's asking for more info)
    • Mrsb2017
    • By Mrsb2017 18th Sep 17, 1:08 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrsb2017
    Hi,
    I've been reading manically for the last few weeks!
    Here's our timeline:
    22 Aug - docs to Precise
    23 Aug - money for valuation taken and hard search on Experian
    26 Aug - direct debit mandate from Precise
    29 Aug - sent P60's
    5 Sept - I phoned Precise for an update. Found out they had forgotten to instruct the valuation ��
    11 Sept - tax credits docs sent to Precise - even though we are not using TC's for affordability
    Also confirmed some transactions on my bank statements (encashment of premium bonds)
    18 Sept - valuation is supposed to be today

I think they're setting us up for a fall. I've got a bad feeling about it all :-(

We are putting down 52% deposit and asking for 3.5 times joint income over 15 years. DIP
    was Tier 2 I believe.

I just want to know what's happening so I can move on one way or another :-(
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 18th Sep 17, 1:31 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    On one of these posts someone once put as long as they are asking for information they are trying to approve your mortgage rather than other around.
    • Mrsb2017
    • By Mrsb2017 18th Sep 17, 1:55 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrsb2017
    I really really hope that's the case. I've just had so many sleepless nights worrying about it all!
    • Mrsb2017
    • By Mrsb2017 18th Sep 17, 2:29 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrsb2017
    So. The latest is that I now have to report changes to HMRC that haven't yet occurred to get an award notice showing that we won't be having Tax Credits (even though we don't know that for sure). Bonkers!
    Currently claim for childcare which is due to stop IF we move house because we won't need it. If we don't move, then we will need it but they don't want us to claim tax credits because it wasn't included as part of our income. It's crazy.
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 18th Sep 17, 4:47 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    Can't you ask them to include it in affordability then you don't have to mess around with hmrc.

Did anyone get through the first week without precise asking for additional info? Don't want to chase the broker unnecessarily
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 18th Sep 17, 6:11 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    Broker got back to us today requesting the gifted deposit letter as the template precise provide - aparently they won't accept a normal letter anymore it has to be the template on the precise website. Getting worried now we have child tax credits but didn't use it for affordability but still sent the award notice etc.
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 18th Sep 17, 6:17 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    Everything what date did your app go in
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,350Posts Today

6,121Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin