Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starrybear
    • By starrybear 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 3Thanks
    starrybear
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?
    • 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer? 5th Jul 16 at 2:57 PM
    Hi all,

I've searched for answers to this, but can't find anything recent.

If anyone has dealt with Precise recently, I'd appreciate any insight into your timelines?

Thanks in advance
Page 12
    • leighlad86
    • By leighlad86 19th Apr 17, 6:16 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    leighlad86
    They are still working on docs from the 7th so if your broker has submitted any info after this then there will be a bit of a wait. Our broker says it's currently a 7 day turn around on docs.

Our valuation is booked for tomorrow so i hope we will find out by the end of the month.

Has anyone been turned down post valuation?
    Last edited by leighlad86; 19-04-2017 at 8:17 AM.
    • Thefutureisbright
    • By Thefutureisbright 19th Apr 17, 11:19 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Thefutureisbright
    Leighlad - we have our valuation tomorrow too...I've been counting down the days!
    • Thefutureisbright
    • By Thefutureisbright 19th Apr 17, 2:05 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Thefutureisbright
    Afternoon all,

It turns out that the valuation was last Thursday, not tomorrow...misunderstanding from their agents. So my question is, how long did it take for people to hear back regarding their valuation and also by what method? Was it by post or email or via the broker?

Thanks guys )
    • leighlad86
    • By leighlad86 21st Apr 17, 8:56 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    leighlad86
    Any updates recently?

Our valuation was carried out yesterday. We are buying privately and have good contact with the seller. They advised precise would have the valuation that day but i'm guessing it will be at least a week before they look at it.

i'm never buying/selling a house again!

haha
    • Sunniec
    • By Sunniec 21st Apr 17, 9:36 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sunniec
    Our valuation was completed earlier this week. They requested all original documents off us, even a bank statement from 2014 which we cant get so we've have had to call the bank to post it out to us, so that delays it another week! Sick of waiting for an offer now.

We are suppose to exchange next Friday 28th but I defo cant see that happening now?
    Last edited by Sunniec; 21-04-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    • Thefutureisbright
    • By Thefutureisbright 21st Apr 17, 11:00 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Thefutureisbright
    Our valuation was done on the 13th April and I had the report back yesterday morning...but that was with the Easter weekend in between.

Valuation has come back spot on and our broker has said the offer will be out by today at the latest! ��

Finally I can see light at the end of the very long and dark tunnel!
    Last edited by Thefutureisbright; 21-04-2017 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling
    • Thefutureisbright
    • By Thefutureisbright 21st Apr 17, 11:04 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Thefutureisbright
    @Sunniec - have you had your valuation report through yet?
    • leighlad86
    • By leighlad86 21st Apr 17, 11:05 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    leighlad86
    Our valuation has just come back and all is good.

Our broker says we are just waiting for the underwriter to check the docs which were requested and sent on the 13th so hopefully we should have an offer shortly.
    • Sunniec
    • By Sunniec 21st Apr 17, 11:06 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sunniec
    @Thefutureisbright No we havent yet, I have requested a copy this morning. So hopefully should have it later today?
    • Thefutureisbright
    • By Thefutureisbright 21st Apr 17, 11:17 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Thefutureisbright
    I don't want to jinx anything but the only additional info they've required from us was out home phone number which was requested just over a week ago and provided.

Am I right in thinking that once you've had your offer, that's pretty much it and they've had all the documents they need? Sounds like a dumb questions but nothing surprises me anymore!
    • Sunniec
    • By Sunniec 21st Apr 17, 11:21 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sunniec
    @Thefutureisbright Yes they requested this off us as well before our valuation was carried out. Did they also want all original documents off you? yes I believe so.
    • Thefutureisbright
    • By Thefutureisbright 21st Apr 17, 11:44 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Thefutureisbright
    @Sunniec - no, they've not requested any original documents at all. Have they requested these from you prior to valuation? What documents did they want originals of?
    • Sunniec
    • By Sunniec 21st Apr 17, 11:48 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sunniec
    @Thefutureisbright Yes they requested all original documents off us which included: p60's/Bank statements/proof of address from 2014/Letter from my employee this was before our valuation was carried out. Whats your timeline?
    • Thefutureisbright
    • By Thefutureisbright 21st Apr 17, 11:54 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Thefutureisbright
    @Sunniec Nope, they've not requested any of that. They obviously had copies, but no request for original documents.

Sold our house: 10th January
    Our offer accepted: 14th January
    Declines (after DIP's with 2 lenders): 27th-31st January
    DIP with Precise: 21st March
    Full app submitted: 30th March
    Valuation booked: 13th April
    Valuation received: 20th April
    Told offer will be sent by today (21st April) at the latest
    • Sunniec
    • By Sunniec 21st Apr 17, 12:07 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sunniec
    @Thefutureisbright How strange they don't want originals off you...

Our timeline is similar except we are using the HTB.

DIP with Natwest 30/03
    Declined by underwriters 31/03
    DIP with Precise 31/03
    Application sent to Precise 3rd April
    Precise requested more documents 06/04
    Requested documents sent to Precise 10/04
    Valuation booked 12/04
    Valuation completed 19/04
    Original documents sent 19/04
    • Thefutureisbright
    • By Thefutureisbright 21st Apr 17, 12:12 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Thefutureisbright
    I'm guessing if they wanted the originals, they'd of requested them well before now and they wouldn't have said our offer would be out by today latest...I hope!

I'm looking at a completion date of 20th May so we have a little time to spare if they wanted originals but I see you're needing to complete next week! I'm not sure how long after mortgage offer it takes to get everything with the solicitors sorted but as I'm sure you know, solicitors aren't the quickest!
    • Sunniec
    • By Sunniec 21st Apr 17, 12:17 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sunniec
    @Thefutureisbright yeah im sure if they wanted the originals off you they would of asked by now. Are you using a mortgage broker or dealing with Precise direct? Tbf our solicitor seem to be on the ball, we received all our deeds etc in the post yesterday and they have now been sent back all signed. So i would imagine as soon as we have the mortgage offer the rest should happen quiet quickly?
    • Thefutureisbright
    • By Thefutureisbright 21st Apr 17, 12:52 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Thefutureisbright
    We're using a broker.

It hasn't helped that our solicitor has been on A/L this week so I can't speak with her until next week to discuss dates and deeds (and she's a bit of a grumpy gus too so I try not to chase her too often, but it's what we're paying them for I guess!).

I would imagine once you get your offer, it should be pretty smooth from there on! Fingers crossed for you! Since day one, I have hated this whole process. I get that there are reasons why it's a drawn out process (and there's a reason why we're having to use the likes of Precise) but wow, it has been nonstop stress the whole way through!
    • Sunniec
    • By Sunniec 21st Apr 17, 12:54 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sunniec
    @Thefutureisbright i know exactly what u mean! The stress / waiting is a joke lol. Good luck to you too and hopefully we both find out soon.
    • Katie1988
    • By Katie1988 21st Apr 17, 4:37 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Katie1988
    Hi guys
    Well our exchange date was today but due to precise still not offering us a mortgage yet it has now had to be put back again. Its been chased up and now being told its gonna be at least another week before we know. So annoyed so everything's had to be put back.

Hows everyone else getting along?x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,147Posts Today

5,476Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin