Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rainbowgirl84
    • By Rainbowgirl84 28th Jun 16, 1:20 PM
    • 282Posts
    • 437Thanks
    Rainbowgirl84
    Strictly Come Dancing 2016 thread
    • 28th Jun 16, 1:20 PM
    Strictly Come Dancing 2016 thread 28th Jun 16 at 1:20 PM
    Thought it better to start a new thread for this year rather than add to the 2015 thread.
Page 56
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 8th Oct 16, 8:46 PM
    • 20,708 Posts
    • 52,705 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Voted - one each for Greg, Ed and Will.

I can see Naga in the dance off. Hopefully with Anastacia to go.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 8th Oct 16, 8:47 PM
    • 15,520 Posts
    • 39,758 Thanks
    balletshoes
    I voted for Danny, Ore and Pasha
    Originally posted by tesuhoha
    i voted for Ore, Greg and Ed (can't believe I did that and it may be the last time).
    • PetuliaGristle
    • By PetuliaGristle 8th Oct 16, 8:51 PM
    • 2,160 Posts
    • 26,484 Thanks
    PetuliaGristle
    I voted for Ore, Claudia and Will.
    "We have to be kind because everyone is fighting a great, great battle" - Sir Richard Attenborough
    "There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women" - Madeleine Albright
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 8th Oct 16, 8:58 PM
    • 6,426 Posts
    • 29,473 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    I voted for Ed, Judge and Ore
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 8th Oct 16, 8:58 PM
    • 17,324 Posts
    • 39,421 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Ha, The Mask is on ITV+1 at 8.45, just got to watch it now!
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • elsien
    • By elsien 8th Oct 16, 9:02 PM
    • 13,668 Posts
    • 33,169 Thanks
    elsien
    See you next week then, folks.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • tesuhoha
    • By tesuhoha 8th Oct 16, 9:07 PM
    • 15,300 Posts
    • 39,578 Thanks
    tesuhoha
    See you next week then, folks.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Or tomorrow perhaps.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

The best kept secret is an open secret.

A vacuum is nature's default state.
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 8th Oct 16, 9:29 PM
    • 15,520 Posts
    • 39,758 Thanks
    balletshoes
    just watching the first half that I missed - wow Danny and Oti were amazing, I think it must be because she has a good dancer this year that her choreography is coming to the fore, I wouldn't mind her winning this you know (even though I don't know who Danny is, clearly he's almost a professional already, but this year I'm not caring ).

Will and Karen - that was a hard dance to do Salsa to, and I agreed with Len, not enough Salsa in there.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 8th Oct 16, 9:35 PM
    • 17,324 Posts
    • 39,421 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Danny is an actor in a soap I think, maybe Hollyoaks? (not 100%, I don't watch soaps) But so many of those actors have been to stage school and have had dance training, haven't they.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • Turtle
    • By Turtle 8th Oct 16, 9:51 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 2,498 Thanks
    Turtle
    Danny is an actor in a soap I think, maybe Hollyoaks? (not 100%, I don't watch soaps) But so many of those actors have been to stage school and have had dance training, haven't they.
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    Yes, but then he said he hadn't ever danced before. Hard to believe when you see him, I think he's really good.

• ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 8th Oct 16, 10:18 PM
    • 5,506 Posts
    • 10,268 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Sorry I just finished watching it

Danny and Oti - wow, wow, wow. More guyliner on him please. Lurved Claudia and AJ too
    Ore and Jo - the surprise of the night. Greg n Nat a good second.

Ed made laugh so much, my coughing has returned. He and Katya are the nearest to Russell and Flavia. Bottom of the leader board, but top the entertaining board.

Sorry I'm guessing Naga n Pasha in the dance off. No idea on who will be the other couple
    Last edited by ScarletMarble; 08-10-2016 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Stupid predictor text
    Rejoined Slimming World 28/7/16
    Lost 2st 2lb first time Need to lose that again
    Lost 10lb 1st 6lb to go
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 8th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    • 5,506 Posts
    • 10,268 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I am loving Kevin this year, seems to have calmed down a lot.
    Originally posted by MoaningMyrtle
    Having an ego maniac like Kellie Bright didn't help. Louise is the opposite. If Kev had Tameka he would continue behaving like he did with Kellie
    Rejoined Slimming World 28/7/16
    Lost 2st 2lb first time Need to lose that again
    Lost 10lb 1st 6lb to go
    • Mrs Arcanum
    • By Mrs Arcanum 8th Oct 16, 11:40 PM
    • 12,991 Posts
    • 24,930 Thanks
    Mrs Arcanum
    Results are in http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=84162433&posted=1#post84162433
    “Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 9th Oct 16, 8:44 AM
    • 20,708 Posts
    • 52,705 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Having an ego maniac like Kellie Bright didn't help. Louise is the opposite. If Kev had Tameka he would continue behaving like he did with Kellie
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble

Absolutely! What's with these Eastender women to think they're personality plus?

Didn't Kevin have an idiot the year before, 2014?
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • vivatifosi
    • By vivatifosi 9th Oct 16, 8:46 AM
    • 16,263 Posts
    • 102,169 Thanks
    vivatifosi
    Morning all. What a fab show. Voted for Danny, Ore and Greg. If I had more votes, Claudia would have got one too. So hard to choose.

I also think that Naga will be in DO.

I thought Danny would get at least one ten. They appear to be marking harder this year, presumably because they are so good, and need more headroom to mark up as they get better. But the curve he made through his back was just delicious.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
    • missbiggles1
    • By missbiggles1 9th Oct 16, 9:43 AM
    • 15,758 Posts
    • 28,715 Thanks
    missbiggles1
    Morning all. What a fab show. Voted for Danny, Ore and Greg. If I had more votes, Claudia would have got one too. So hard to choose.

I also think that Naga will be in DO.

I thought Danny would get at least one ten. They appear to be marking harder this year, presumably because they are so good, and need more headroom to mark up as they get better. But the curve he made through his back was just delicious.
    Originally posted by vivatifosi
    I can't see that - they're getting 8s and 9s in week 3, which I think is far too high. 9s and 10s should be what the best people are given towards the end of the series when they've really achieved excellence. Marking this high this early leaves the judges nowhere to go to indicate imrpovement.

If it carries on it'll become like GCSEs with 10* and 10**!
    • vivatifosi
    • By vivatifosi 9th Oct 16, 4:06 PM
    • 16,263 Posts
    • 102,169 Thanks
    vivatifosi
    Maybe Miss B, maybe. The question is, was it better or as good as Jay's Jive, which also got a 10 in week 3. I think on reflection that you are correct.

I have found a lovely website listing all of the tens on Strictly. It's this one:
    http://www.ultimatestrictly.com/the-perfect-score/

The earliest 10s in previous series were:
    S13 week 3 Jay and Aliona Jive to Pulp Fiction, 10 from Bruno
    S12 week 3 Frankie and Kevin Paso to America, 10 from Donny (may not count!)
    S11 week 6 Natalie and Artem Viennese to Devil in Me 10 from Darcy and Bruno
    S10 week 7 Denise and James Charleston to Walk Like an Egyptian 3 10s, everyone but Craig
    S9 week 4 Harry and Aliona Waltz to Come Away with Me 10 from Alesha
    S8 week 5 Kara and Artem Paso to Phantom, 10 from Alesha (I'm beginning to realise an Alesha 10 was like a Donny 10)
    S7 week 5 Ricky and Natalie, Viennese to How Can I be Sure, 10 from Alesha... (there's definitely a pattern)
    S6 week 7 Austin and Erin, Quickstep to S'Wonderful, 10 from Len
    S5 week 5 Kelly and Brendan, American Smooth to Tender Trap, 10 from Bruno
    S4 week 3 Louisa and Vincent, Jive to Smiley Faces, 10 from Bruno
    S3 week 6 Zoe and Ian, Quickstep to Almost Like Being in Love, 10 from Bruno
    S2 week 7 Jill and Darren, Paso to Espana Cani, 10 from Arlene
    S1 week 5 Natasha and Brendan, Samba to Love is in the Air, 10 from Arlene
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
    • rainbowfairydust
    • By rainbowfairydust 9th Oct 16, 6:13 PM
    • 16,010 Posts
    • 46,427 Thanks
    rainbowfairydust
    i have just watched last nights show on catch up - favorites for me :-

Greg & Nat
    Ed Balls & Katya
    Danny Mac & Oti
    Joanne & Ore
    Claudia & AJ

everyone else did a marvellous job too. Of the bunch i think Naga & Anastasia to be in the bottom 2 with Anastasia to go. As much as i admire her courage for having a double mastectomy - it would be unfair for her to stay in while she is clearly still mending.
    Mature Student
    2015 - 2018

Year One Done

Year Two - 26/9/16
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 9th Oct 16, 6:41 PM
    • 9,538 Posts
    • 33,642 Thanks
    luxor4t
    M-I-A last night as staying with DD and out for a meal. I did see some of the show but need to catch up.

I didn't vote but wonder about DO possibles!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
    • PetuliaGristle
    • By PetuliaGristle 9th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 2,160 Posts
    • 26,484 Thanks
    PetuliaGristle
    I can't watch that routine without remembering Robert Webb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lz6k5Zg2wA
    Originally posted by missbiggles1
    Me! Sorry I missed your post because I was showing dd the YouTube video, then had to watch Rufus Hound
    "We have to be kind because everyone is fighting a great, great battle" - Sir Richard Attenborough
    "There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women" - Madeleine Albright
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,103Posts Today

7,467Users online

Martin's Twitter