Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigsej
    • By bigsej 28th Jun 16, 12:21 PM
    • 81Posts
    • 18Thanks
    bigsej
    Ace Security Services
    • 28th Jun 16, 12:21 PM
    Ace Security Services 28th Jun 16 at 12:21 PM
    Afternoon everyone.

I need your help. I've had a read of the sticky bit can't quite get my head around what applies to me. I apologise in advance if this has already been covered.

So I have a car that is clearly accident damaged parked in a bay on my estate which is managed by Ace. The permit is clearly displayed. However the car is not taxed due to being damaged and not mot'd. I recently received the letter below demanding a payment for £100 at which point I went to see the car where I found not 1 but 3 tickets on the windscreen!

So where do I stand? Do o have to pay them all? What do I do?

CAN'T POST PICTURE DUE TO BEING NEW USER

Also the permit is expired for several years now but it is still being used by all other cars and is still accepted by ace as they didn't replace them.

Please advise.

Thanks
    Sej
Page 9
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Oct 16, 8:43 AM
    • 40,629 Posts
    • 52,499 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Email it twice, once with one claim number and 'defence statement' in the subject line and separately with the other, making sure where I've left parts in red, (twice, once near the top and once near the end) you've added both and checked they are shown correctly of course, no typo with a claim number or it can slip through the net! And of course your name and address needs adding (I removed the date of birth, not needed).

If it is not 'common ground' that the permit was displayed in the OTHER claim, if that was about the permit, then remove point #2 from THAT second defence and renumber all below it up one number, if you are sure that's what the case is about (if unsure what the claim is about, leave it in).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 07-10-2016 at 8:49 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• bigsej
    • By bigsej 7th Oct 16, 9:24 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    thank you again. I will leave it in as I'm not 100% sure although i think they were all road tax related. i will send the emails now. Fingers crossed!
    • bigsej
    • By bigsej 8th Oct 16, 12:24 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    So I emailed the defences for both claims today. I feel very much relieved (for now) and seriously proud of the support I received from everyone on my thread. It goes without saying that i am indebted to coupon-mad for her extreme helpfulness and generosity in taking her time to read, understand, think about and write my defence. I really cannot express my gratitude enough!

I will update the thread as and when my cases develop. One final clarification for now, do the court normally send reply emails confirming receipt of a defence or not?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Oct 16, 12:32 AM
    • 40,629 Posts
    • 52,499 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Which email address did they tell you to use? There are several, just wondering.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• bigsej
    • By bigsej 8th Oct 16, 1:12 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    It was ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
    • bigsej
    • By bigsej 13th Oct 16, 1:38 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    So I received two letters today acknowledging receipt of the defences and informing me that the claimant have 28 days to respond. Standard procedure I'm guessing...
    • bigsej
    • By bigsej 13th Oct 16, 4:40 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    Received an email from gladstones today. Here are some of the email attachments:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I'm guessing I have to fill in that form and send to the court?
    • bigsej
    • By bigsej 13th Oct 16, 4:41 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Oct 16, 6:38 PM
    • 40,629 Posts
    • 52,499 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Received an email from gladstones today. Here are some of the email attachments:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I'm guessing I have to fill in that form and send to the court?
    Originally posted by bigsej
    You will get forms from the court, not Gladstones. I can't see your link for some reason.

Is it their standard suggestion that the cases are heard 'on the papers'?

If so, I hope you have already read enough other Gladstones cases here to know exactly how to respond because everyone gets this letter. If you haven't read about this before, you should be doing so, or you will be unprepared. You don't need specific help for the stages already covered here umpteen times over on every Gladstones thread.

If it is that usual rubbish letter, search the forum for 'straightforward Gladstones'.

• bigsej
    • By bigsej 13th Oct 16, 8:39 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    It is their usual rubbish letter and I am aware that I need to refuse their request for a paper only hearing. I will read more however and better prepare myself.

What I am unclear about is if I should respond to gladstones email or not.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Oct 16, 11:02 PM
    • 40,629 Posts
    • 52,499 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    yes, no reason why not, be assertive. Good examples of a response have been posted over the summer on pepipoo forum if you search 'straightforward Gladstones' on there.

• bigsej
    • By bigsej 31st Oct 16, 10:03 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    Hi everyone.

I need to submit the papers to the court in the next day or two, few questions:

1. Should I include a copy of the expired permit that residents have been using for several years to highlight the incompetence of Ace?

2. Can I submit it via email?

Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Oct 16, 10:37 PM
    • 40,629 Posts
    • 52,499 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I thought you were only at DQ stage, this is not the stage to send exhibits (evidence).

That comes when your case is allocated to your local court and you will be provided with Directions including a hearing date and IMPORTANTLY - the date by which you have to submit your Witness Statement and Exhibits to the local court and your opponent.

Sounds like you need to read bargepole's new updated thread of what happens when:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5546325

Am I right? I thought by now, you are merely returning the DQ, with a copy to the other side as well, clearly stating that you object to the suggestion of the case being heard on the papers as you are an unrepresented Defendant and wish to have your case heard at your local court in due course, should the Claimant not discontinue the matter sooner.

You submit the DQ in the way the DQ tells you that you can file it.

• bigsej
    • By bigsej 31st Oct 16, 10:49 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    Ah ok that makes sense. I'll do that then. Thanks!
    • bigsej
    • By bigsej 31st Oct 16, 10:57 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    I've had a read of bargepole's post. Very informative and helpful. Thanks for the link!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Oct 16, 11:15 PM
    • 40,629 Posts
    • 52,499 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, it will help you later as well as you can refer back to it if unsure. But also keep your thread updated and do not respond if a poster offers to help by private message as you never know who they are (you can be sure they are not entirely altruistic).

• bigsej
    • By bigsej 1st Nov 16, 8:07 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    ok, it seems that I have not received anything from the courts since the acknowledgement of my defences dated 7th October. What do I do now? I have no forms other than the ones Gladstones have emailed me.
    • bigsej
    • By bigsej 1st Nov 16, 8:23 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    Can I use the N180 form available online?
    Which email address can I send it to?
    Do I have to do a separate N180 for each claim or I can put both the case numbers on one form?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Nov 16, 9:30 PM
    • 40,629 Posts
    • 52,499 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    ok, it seems that I have not received anything from the courts since the acknowledgement of my defences dated 7th October. What do I do now? I have no forms other than the ones Gladstones have emailed me.
    Originally posted by bigsej
    So you are not even yet at DQ stage then, the Gladstones letter is not your DQ. You could ring Northampton Court and make sure you have not missed any post from them in this case, ask if it's just taking its time and the DQ will arrive soon.

You are trying to do something you don't need to do yet. Do not jump just because G's said jump! And don't ring them...

• bigsej
    • By bigsej 1st Nov 16, 9:35 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bigsej
    I can almost swear I saw something or I'm just confusing GS's stuff for mine. I vaguely remember seeing a date of 3rd November somewhere. My first year of teaching is already taking a toll on my brain function!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

445Posts Today

3,270Users online

Martin's Twitter