Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 27th Jun 16, 8:00 AM
    • 231Posts
    • 268Thanks
    wellylass89
    Starting again.. (again!)
    • 27th Jun 16, 8:00 AM
    Starting again.. (again!) 27th Jun 16 at 8:00 AM
    Hello all! I've tried to keep diaries here before and failed however I've been inspired to start a new one..

Things have changed dramatically for me in the last few months and I feel it's time to get organised and be rid of the debt I have once and for all..

So currently I'm residing rent free in a friends spare room after my OH and I split up after almost 3 years together. I moved back to my home area and am currently looking for a full time job or in fact any job.

The few months before everything went haywire were good. I paid off in full 2 credit cards I'd had since I was in uni (4 years ago) so that reduced my level of debt by £1,800, doesn't sound alot but it's made a difference!!

So my debt as of now:

- Halifax CC £675.68
    - Halifax O/D £743.92
    - Loan from friend £1900

Total - £3,319.60

Not masses but enough when you don't have a job!

The money from a friend I can pay back as and when, it was for a new car as my previous one was about to die and being a 4x4 costing me silly money to run, also living in a rural area a car is an essential. The O/D is interest free and the CC is 17.5% I think so that will need paying off first.

I'm applying for jobs everywhere and anywhere I have an interview for a part time job at the local hospital on the 12th and hopefully will hear back from a few more applications.

I have a small amount of money to keep me afloat for now, I'm hoping I can get a job asap and use this as an emergency fund or towards the debt.

Anyway that's enough rambling for now..

Welly x
Page 3
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 31st Aug 16, 11:08 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    Dolly I almost fell over!! Ironically I was reading a post on a group on FB this morning, it was how much people spend on food per week.... People were feeding whole familys on what I ve spend on MYSELF in a month!! So having an unexpected day off the pen and paper is out and the planning is on!!

In other annoying news I got an email saying the hospital need more proof of address for the job so mad dash to the bank to get a stamped statement then a trip to the library to copy my tenancy agreement so I'm off to post it in a moment... I forgot how infuriating and slow the process of NHS recruitment is!

Have a good day everyone x
    Last edited by wellylass89; 31-08-2016 at 11:09 AM. Reason: spelling
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 31st Aug 16, 11:40 AM
    • 2,247 Posts
    • 5,748 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Oh I once applied for a job with the NHS, they got back to me about 8 months later & by that time I had totally forgotten I had even applied

Will be worth it!

Dxxx
    ***Diet 27lbs/84lbs***
    ***Debt £6,186.67/£14,523.76***
    ***Home Savings £0.00/£25,000.00***
    WW Support Thread 2016
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 5th Sep 16, 4:26 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    So on Friday last week I spoke to my manager at the hospital, he's just as infuriated at the recruitment department as I am!! I'm waiting for my driving licence to come back (hopefully next few days) to take and need another bank statement which needs to be stamped and my tenancy agreement then things might get moving. I also have an occy health appointment on Thursday.

Having a bit of trouble in the other job, trouble as in they are wanting to train me up to do all sorts which of course would be fine if I was staying but I am not.. So I need to tell them I have accepted the other job and they may just let me go (which I totally understand) of course it will make things tight money wise but hopefully it won't be forever.

Hope you have all had a good weekend, I went to see the ex bf, he's just as confused as ever it seems which is really hard as things had been really really good so who knows what will happen there..

Welly x
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 6th Sep 16, 11:08 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    Still waiting to start NHS job.....
    Last edited by wellylass89; 07-09-2016 at 1:03 PM.
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 6th Sep 16, 4:51 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    Still waiting lol
    Last edited by wellylass89; 07-09-2016 at 1:03 PM.
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 9th Sep 16, 1:07 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    It's Friday, going to a mates tonight to share a Chinese which will be nice (this is the friend I was living with) she's moved into the same town..

Nothing much planned for the weekend need to sell some stuff if I can.. Feeling really crappy about things, desperate for my own place and to start the job.. I know it will all come in time I guess I just hate waiting.. Seeing my councilor on Monday and I'm glad, I need it.

Welly x
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 11th Sep 16, 10:28 AM
    • 2,247 Posts
    • 5,748 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    God sake that is ridiculous!

Hope you enjoyed your wee Friday night chinese.

Been ages since I had one, put me right in the mood.

Did you get anything listed for sale?

Dxxx
    ***Diet 27lbs/84lbs***
    WW Support Thread 2016
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 12th Sep 16, 8:22 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    Hello Dolly, Hope your weekend was ok?

It's frustrating and could be a while yet and typically there's a little wee cottage come up for rent down the road really cheap would suit me down to the ground, going to go and see it but don't suppose I ll be able to get it...

Chinese was lovely and we had some presecco and my mate is so happy and I'm happy for her she's been through the crap these last few months..

Not had chance to list anything yet got a few bits but they are bits I love and I really don't want to sell them but they are all I have left of value fingers crossed I hear something soon, I emailed HR today to see whats happening...

Welly x
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 13th Sep 16, 8:55 AM
    • 2,247 Posts
    • 5,748 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Hi,

Yeah weekend was good, supposed to have a night out on Friday but it was so miserable I ended up just staying in!

Fingers crossed for you with the cottage, that would be so good if you could get it.

That's good that you enjoyed the time with your friend & they are doing better.

That's a shame that's all you have left to sell, hope you hear from them quickly & you can get started with a salary & not have to sell them.

Dxxx
    ***Diet 27lbs/84lbs***
    WW Support Thread 2016
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 13th Sep 16, 9:03 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    Aww it was a bit miserable weather wise wasn't it!

Can only go and see it no harm in looking, I need my own space I feel like sharing is affecting my mental health. I know it will be more expensive but I will manage and that sounds so vain saying that but having been through all this stuff last few months I need a home I can call my own.

Things are dire on the money front, can insurance has gone out £72 quid need to find some money for the rent at the end of the month although I still have a weeks wage to come from the cheese place. Just wish I could find something temp for a few weeks till I can start even something part time will help.... Off I go to see what I can find..

Welly x
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 13th Sep 16, 9:07 AM
    • 2,247 Posts
    • 5,748 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Good luck.

Dxxx
    ***Diet 27lbs/84lbs***
    WW Support Thread 2016
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 13th Sep 16, 11:10 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    Thanks Dolly, just spoke to my manager (he's sick of me harrasing him I'm sure haha) they are awaiting references, which would be fine if it was like 2/3 but they need the last 3 years worth which is a few as have had a few jobs was at college etc. So hopefully will hear something soon!

Would it be wrong to give my referees another polite reminder and ask them to complete it as a matter of urgency?

Welly x
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 13th Sep 16, 11:41 AM
    • 2,247 Posts
    • 5,748 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    No, I would send them an email just to say that they will be contacting you & you would appreciate if they could take the time to complete.

Dxxx
    ***Diet 27lbs/84lbs***
    WW Support Thread 2016
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 13th Sep 16, 2:09 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    So I'm off to see the cottage tomorrow which is exciting I ve also emailed the people on my references so fingers crossed they will get back to them soon.

Welly x
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 13th Sep 16, 2:31 PM
    • 2,247 Posts
    • 5,748 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Eeeeek!

Dxxx
    ***Diet 27lbs/84lbs***
    WW Support Thread 2016
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 13th Sep 16, 2:33 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    I just want to bash on and get on.. I hate this feeling.. since we split up and I moved back everything has kind of been make do.. I want things to be going my way now and they will once I get working again...

Welly x
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 16th Sep 16, 10:55 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    So it's Friday and it's pouring down. Not terribly bad here tho like down south.. I'm off to my ex's for the weekend and get the rest of my stuff, I really don't know how I feel at present.. He's mad busy with his 4 jobs we are still speaking every day but I'm just not sure he wants to try and make things work and well if that's the case I need to walk away..

In other news I asked recruitment if I could provide anymore references to speed things up so they have a professional reference so that will help then it's just waiting for the DBS..

I feel like it will happen soon.. or at least I'm hoping it will..
    Also been musing about the living situation I've decided a flat in the town I'm living in and working in could be a possibility.. I've never considered a flat but it is definitely an option for the future.

Have a good weekend,

Welly x
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 21st Sep 16, 6:29 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    e=Well it's Wednesday and guess what! I'm still waiting! DBS is well on the way now last one only took a week so fingers crossed it's sorted soon!

I've been to look at a few houses and flats, nothing perfect but will keep looking. I've noticed the rent I'm paying on my room is a lot compared to alot of others in town, my friend has said I can move in with her and she will charge me less than I pay now with the view of paying all my debt off ASAP and getting a place of my own.

I'm really not happy here I don't feel comfortable.. maybe it will be different once I'm working but if I could rent somewhere cheaper it will help pay off the debt sooner... I go to my mums and spend all day and night there then I come here just to sleep I don't feel comfortable cooking as things get said about choices of food etc..

Saw the ex at the weekend he's knackered currently working 4 jobs and it's taking it's toll on him. He was kind enough to lend me some money to see me through till I start my job.. I never asked was thrusted an envelope before I left.. I had joked earlier on in the weekend as he'd seen my online banking when I was checking it (had 20P to my name) so more debt but he's adamant I just pay him back when I can..

I feel in such a quandary...

Hope your all ok..
    Welly x
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 21st Sep 16, 1:08 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    So my DBS is at the dreaded stage 4.. It was only sent last Thursday due to all the fafing on with the paperwork... so I guess it could still be ages.. Funnily and sickeningly enough my last enhanced one last year took a week!

Feeling so down, just want to go to work!!

Welly x
    • wellylass89
    • By wellylass89 22nd Sep 16, 7:32 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    wellylass89
    So having read the stories about peoples DBS taking years and getting in quite a worry about it yesterday I've just checked it now and it's being printed whoo hopefully not too much longer of waiting??

Welly x
    Last edited by wellylass89; 22-09-2016 at 7:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,544Posts Today

8,018Users online

Martin's Twitter