Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kittencat
    • By Kittencat 25th Jun 16, 3:30 PM
    • 536Posts
    • 3,652Thanks
    Kittencat
    Avon, Kleenex etc quick question please
    • 25th Jun 16, 3:30 PM
    Avon, Kleenex etc quick question please 25th Jun 16 at 3:30 PM
    Hi everyone

I have extra time on my hands (after school times) and was wondering, apart from Avon and Kleenex what other catalogue type boost income jobs are out there?

I'm not interested in the diet ones like forever living ones really.

Thank you guys
Page 1
    • fewgroats
    • By fewgroats 26th Jun 16, 11:44 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    fewgroats
    • 26th Jun 16, 11:44 AM
    • 26th Jun 16, 11:44 AM
    Avon and Kleeneze are both pyramid selling opportunities. You are better off looking at freelancing.
    Last edited by fewgroats; 26-06-2016 at 3:40 PM.
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 26th Jun 16, 3:14 PM
    • 8,444 Posts
    • 6,078 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 26th Jun 16, 3:14 PM
    • 26th Jun 16, 3:14 PM
    Kleenex is a brand of tissue, I think you mean Kleeneze

There is also Betterware, which like Avon and Kleeneze is a multi level marketing opportunity (or lack of). Threads about all 3 companies on this board which you should read. Perceived opinion seems to be that investing time or money in these may not be a good idea.
    Last edited by lincroft1710; 26-06-2016 at 7:14 PM.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 26th Jun 16, 4:52 PM
    • 57,703 Posts
    • 40,788 Thanks
    soolin
    • 26th Jun 16, 4:52 PM
    • 26th Jun 16, 4:52 PM
    Hi everyone

I have extra time on my hands (after school times) and was wondering, apart from Avon and Kleenex what other catalogue type boost income jobs are out there?

I'm not interested in the diet ones like forever living ones really.

Thank you guys
    Originally posted by Kittencat
    It is likely to depend on what your friends and family are likely to continue buying from you.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Timmo789
    • By Timmo789 4th Jul 16, 9:04 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Timmo789
    • 4th Jul 16, 9:04 AM
    • 4th Jul 16, 9:04 AM
    Betterware allows you to sell catalogue products and there are some benefits over Kleeneze with this company, although you don't have the network marketing side of the business. You don't have to buy the catalogues yourself with Betterware however and you are given a 'patch' to cover whereas with Kleeneze you can go anywhere. There are also internet based businesses you can look at but they can take time to start earning from and are not instant.
    • wongawonga
    • By wongawonga 4th Jul 16, 10:59 AM
    • 340 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    wongawonga
    • 4th Jul 16, 10:59 AM
    • 4th Jul 16, 10:59 AM
    Whilst not everybodys cup of tea Avon and Kleeneze are both responsible legal Direct Selling Companie not Pyramid Schemes which are illegal in the UK.

Pyramid schemes seek to generate income to those who participate, from the recruitment of others. In a legitimate direct selling organisation income is generated by the sale or consumption of the product either by the salesperson or those in that person's downline.

Pyramid schemes do not offer contracts to participants, cancellation rights nor the opportunity to buy back unsold goods - all of which are required under UK law.
    Last edited by wongawonga; 04-07-2016 at 11:08 AM.
    • Mostly Bemused
    • By Mostly Bemused 4th Jul 16, 2:20 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mostly Bemused
    • 4th Jul 16, 2:20 PM
    • 4th Jul 16, 2:20 PM
    While it's true that Kleeneze isn't a pyramid scam, which is illegal in the UK, it is a MLM (Multi Level Marketing) scheme, which is perfectly legal here. One may ask what the differentiation is between the two and the answer would be: ummmm....good question...not much.

Kleeneze requires you to buy the catalogues from them and doesn't even offer you a patch of your own. I have seen Kleeneze catalogues from 3 different suckers (I mean agents) piled on top of each other on the same door step.

Betterware gives you the catalogues for free and also assigns you a unique patch. There's very little money to be made as a field agent. However, if you can invest the time and shoe leather, sign up as a Territory Sales Agent and there is some money to be made. Not a huge amount but when I did this a few years ago I used to make between £150 and £250 per week. It does take an awful lot of walking in all sorts of weather though.
    • Fallen-Angel
    • By Fallen-Angel 4th Jul 16, 7:34 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 1,602 Thanks
    Fallen-Angel
    • 4th Jul 16, 7:34 PM
    • 4th Jul 16, 7:34 PM
    Is there anything you're interested in Kittencat?

Being interested in the product you sell is a huge positive because if people see you're interested in it then there is more chance of them being interested in it.

I sell Jamberry Nail Wraps - I didn't plan to, I refused several people who asked me to join but after giving them a go I was hooked. My thinking was "I'm going to buy everything in the starter kit anyway and buy myself a set of wraps each month so heyho, lets see how it goes"

I love what I sell, my friends and family love what I sell and I have a wonderful bunch of customers who love what I sell - I've already made my money back and I'm now in profit (it only launched in the UK in April)

Besides that there is Younique, Usbourne Books, Maelle (similar to Younique), Stella and Dot...there are loads which is why I asked if you were interested in anything in particular
    Mother to a 7 year old. Wife to an engineer.

Baker. Gamer. Rocker. Crafter. Blogger. Geek.
    • keedie
    • By keedie 18th Oct 16, 9:59 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    keedie
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:59 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:59 PM
    i'm with kleeneze and it's a great opportunity. you don't have to get the catalogues. you can sell online like facebook etc. there is over 2000 products to sell and up to 20% commsion on sales. there are also various bonuses to be had. I really enjoy it. there is also no targets you have to hit unless you set your own
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

285Posts Today

1,094Users online

Martin's Twitter