Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 21st Jun 16, 5:28 PM
    • 7,781Posts
    • 4,739Thanks
    bigadaj
    iWeb sipp
    • 21st Jun 16, 5:28 PM
    iWeb sipp 21st Jun 16 at 5:28 PM
    Wondered if anyone had experience of utilising them.

I have an old pension with Scottish widows, cost aren't too bad at 0.6% for internal funds, and have a mixture of these and mirror/ external.

Pot value currently is around £130k, and iWeb look like a reasonable option. You don't pay the £200 opening fee on the sipp, and transfer in fees are fairly low. They seem a little cheaper than Halifax, interactive investor may be cheaper but my review of threads here indicates they may be a step too far in terms of cost versus quality.

Probably looking to hold a spread of funds, nothing too exotic.
Page 1
    • BearWhite
    • By BearWhite 13th Oct 16, 8:30 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 649 Thanks
    BearWhite
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:30 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:30 PM
    Did you ever bite the bullet and go with these guys? Or get any feedback anywhere else?

They look like they'd be just about the cheapest for my current situation, and from what I can see they're owned by Halifax so respectable but there website is basic to say the least!
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 13th Oct 16, 9:41 PM
    • 7,781 Posts
    • 4,739 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:41 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:41 PM
    Yes transferred and all fine so far.

Pretty basic but responsive and suits my fairly basic needs.
    • SallyG
    • By SallyG 14th Oct 16, 10:28 AM
    • 819 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    SallyG
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:28 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:28 AM
    Was this a transfer-in-drawdown Bigadaj?
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 14th Oct 16, 5:38 PM
    • 7,781 Posts
    • 4,739 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:38 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:38 PM
    Was this a transfer-in-drawdown Bigadaj?
    Originally posted by SallyG
    No, just a pension pot, was originally a legacy group personal pension scheme froma former employer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,281Posts Today

7,127Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin