Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BusyBoy
    • By BusyBoy 17th Jun 16, 9:07 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 6Thanks
    BusyBoy
    INSTAsmile/denLABdirect clip on veneers
    • 17th Jun 16, 9:07 PM
    INSTAsmile/denLABdirect clip on veneers 17th Jun 16 at 9:07 PM
    Be warned!!! Do not trust INSTAsmile/denLABdirect !! You will lose money.

INSTAsmile/denLABdirect are a web based company that sell clip on veneers. They make veneers based on customers taking self-impression mould of their teeth with kit supplied by the company. After taking the mould customers send it back to the company by post for the clip on veneer to be made.

INSTAsmile/denLABdirect have over 90% satisfaction rate on Trustpilot.com. However they achieve this by working with Trustpilot.com. As soon as you put a negative review on Trustpilot.com, INSTAsmile/denLABdirect , challenge it by saying the negative reviewer is not their customer or some other feeble excuse and Trustpilot remove the review from their site.

Trustpilot.com then say they are investigating the review and will frustrate you for many weeks by asking for many things to prove the purchase but they never really get back to you. By that time most people give up hence the negative review never goes up on Trustpilot site.

I ordered an upper teeth veneer for £249 but I could not get the self-impression mould of my teeth right. I attempted eight times but failed to produce a correct self-impression mould of my teeth. Taking the impression of the teeth is VERY TRICKY. I followed the paper and video guidance very carefully.

In the end I gave up but INSTAsmile/denLABdirect charged me £75 for the failed moulds. Quick easy money for INSTAsmile/denLABdirect for £20 worth of kit they sent me. I can’t be the only one unable to produce a self-impression mould. There must be many others out there, but you won’t know about them because INSTAsmile/denLABdirect and Trustpilot.com work together to only show positive reviews on Trustpilot.com.

It is very important to get the self-impression mould correct otherwise your veneer will not be correct. Even if you get the veneer right you may end up with sub-standard product. But you will never know because there are only handful negative reviews at the bottom of the pile on Trustpilot.com

You only see positive reviews of INSTAsmile/denLABdirect. Think about it how can that be possible?

You have been warned!!
Page 2
    • Ellie1991
    • By Ellie1991 12th Jul 17, 12:38 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ellie1991
    Is this just for these two companies? I've been look into gettin a 'secret veneer' smile on the secretveneer.com website. However after reading this I'm not sure if I want to waste money. It was cheaper for me than finding £2000 for braces
    • brook2jack
    • By brook2jack 12th Jul 17, 8:20 AM
    • 3,998 Posts
    • 3,623 Thanks
    brook2jack
    Providing you wear your retainers, the results from braces will last a lifetime. You will be able to eat ,drink, talk normally.

With these "veneers" you are advised not to eat in them , the very limited guarantee that you pay extra for is only for a year and you cannot wear them all the time e.g. They have to come out at night.

Also the effects on your dental health, teeth and gums of wearing something over the top for so many hours a day long term is worrying to say the least.

Economically £2000 for results that are there 24 hours a day ,for life , with no damage to your oral health as opposed to £299 every year for something that shouldn't be worn whilst eating or sleeping and will have questionable effects on your oral health is something only you can decide. However I would think £299 is a high price for what is claimed to be a "novelty item".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

151Posts Today

1,391Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin