Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 32,456Posts
    • 38,089Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 73
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 25th Jan 18, 9:45 PM
    • 8,801 Posts
    • 5,228 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Sky offered me £50.30 a month

Sky Q 2TB
    Sky Q Mini Box
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Boxsets Bundle
    £115 Install price

Gonna ring again & use my mates discount code and see what i can get
    Originally posted by GTR King
    If it's a discount where the referrer and the subscriber both get some cashback,the offer to youis likely to be less as they have topay the referrer,too.
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 25th Jan 18, 10:44 PM
    • 747 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    GTR King
    ok so is that a good deal?
    • nickmack
    • By nickmack 26th Jan 18, 2:59 PM
    • 4,406 Posts
    • 1,724 Thanks
    nickmack
    Currently negociating
    Currently on 50% all TV (Box Sets + Sports) and for Broadband I have £7.40 Line Rental and £10 UL 38Mb Fibre.

My deal expires next month, so I went through Live Chat, first Customer Services who offered:
    Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £20
    Sport HD £2
    and NO Discount on Line Rental/BB at all

He claimed he discounted everything on my TV package until I called him out that anyone can get Sky Sports for £20 if you sign for 18 months, so this was not a discount or deal on my account. I went through to Cancellations and they offered:
    Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £16/50
    Sport HD £2
    and still NO Discount on Line Rental/BB at all.

I can almost live with the TV discount, but as I don't use the phone at all £33.99/month for BB is not good value (Vodafone offered me £20 BB with £0 Line Rental for the same Fibre package), so I requested cancellation. I already have 30% when I log in, but I will follow up with any offers I get next.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 26th Jan 18, 3:15 PM
    • 645 Posts
    • 214 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Currently on 50% all TV (Box Sets + Sports) and for Broadband I have £7.40 Line Rental and £10 UL 38Mb Fibre.

My deal expires next month, so I went through Live Chat, first Customer Services who offered:
    Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £20
    Sport HD £2

He claimed he discounted everything on my TV package until I called him out that anyone can get Sky Sports for £20 if you sign for 18 months, so this was not a discount or deal on my account. I went through to Cancellations and they offered:
    Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £16/50
    Sport HD £2

I can almost live with the TV discount, but as I don't use the phone at all £33.99/month for BB is not good value (Vodafone offered me £20 BB with £0 Line Rental for the same Fibre package), so I requested cancellation. I already have 30% when I log in, but I will follow up with any offers I get next.
    Originally posted by nickmack
    I was in a similar situation as you a few days ago.

For bband and phone, go to Plusnet. They are asking £31.99 per month for anytime calls, line rental and unlimited fibre bband. Best sky could offer was £38 per month with a £50 credit. So bye bye sky and off to Plusnet.

With regards tv, I am on 50% off until November. I am hoping that sky will soften their stance by then. I am sure that when they see their customer numbers reducing that their attitude will change.

HTHs.
    • nickmack
    • By nickmack 26th Jan 18, 3:57 PM
    • 4,406 Posts
    • 1,724 Thanks
    nickmack
    I was in a similar situation as you a few days ago.

For bband and phone, go to Plusnet. They are asking £31.99 per month for anytime calls, line rental and unlimited fibre bband. Best sky could offer was £38 per month with a £50 credit. So bye bye sky and off to Plusnet.

With regards tv, I am on 50% off until November. I am hoping that sky will soften their stance by then. I am sure that when they see their customer numbers reducing that their attitude will change.

HTHs.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    Thanks. I don't need the phone at all, so any money on line rental is 'dead money' for me. I calculate my BB 'cost' as LR+BB so Vodafone offer these both for £20/month. I could actually double my theoretical download speed to 76Mb for £24/month so I might go with that.

Also with TV, they are asking for £10 'admin fee'!! I asked them what this is and they had a canned reply which I forgot to copy, but it basically talked about fixing prices in advance. I told them there is no way I will pay any admin fee to give them my continued business.

I will wait for 50% off on TV through winback and unless they match Vodafone which seems unlikely, I will jump ship on LR+BB.
    • nickmack
    • By nickmack 1st Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    • 4,406 Posts
    • 1,724 Thanks
    nickmack

Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £20
    Sport HD £2

Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £16/50
    Sport HD £2

Update. I got a missed call from 0800 759 0420, which appears to be Sky Outbound retentions. It sounds like they want to discuss a (hopefully!) improved offer. If I pick up next time, I'll update what was discussed.
    • Keith_F
    • By Keith_F 1st Feb 18, 9:25 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Keith_F
    Just got Sky HD with box sets £22.80
    Sky sports complete pack £20
    Sky sports HD £2
    Sky Cinema £8.50

18 month contract.

Moved my broadband to Vodafone £20 inc line rental.
    • caveman8006
    • By caveman8006 2nd Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    caveman8006
    Just got Sky HD with box sets £22.80
    Sky sports complete pack £20
    Sky sports HD £2
    Sky Cinema £8.50

18 month contract.

Moved my broadband to Vodafone £20 inc line rental.
    Originally posted by Keith_F

Last month they were happy to offer a full 50% off box sets (£38/2=£19) and sports (£27.5/2=£13.75) plus an extra £2 for Sports HD as long as you signed up for 18 months and paid a £10 admin fee. No need to cancel, just quote the widely distributed offer that was linked on sky web site. Surprised that this is still not available...?
    Last edited by caveman8006; 02-02-2018 at 6:49 PM. Reason: typo
    • nickmack
    • By nickmack 2nd Feb 18, 8:19 PM
    • 4,406 Posts
    • 1,724 Thanks
    nickmack
    Last month they were happy to offer a full 50% off box sets (£38/2=£19) and sports (£27.5/2=£13.75) plus an extra £2 for Sports HD as long as you signed up for 18 months and paid a £10 admin fee. No need to cancel, just quote the widely distributed offer that was linked on sky web site. Surprised that this is still not available...?
    Originally posted by caveman8006
    This is what I have now signed up for. 50% off everything for 12 months, NO Admin Fee.

They wouldn't budge on Phone/BB, so I have moved to Vodafone for £24 for 76Mb service including Line Rental.
    • Gazza9999
    • By Gazza9999 3rd Feb 18, 3:24 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Gazza9999
    This is what I have now signed up for. 50% off everything for 12 months, NO Admin Fee.

They wouldn't budge on Phone/BB, so I have moved to Vodafone for £24 for 76Mb service including Line Rental.
    I have moved from sky to Pliusnet. Is Vodafone fibre (assuming it is for 76MB) and does it include anytime calls ?
    • Gazza9999
    • By Gazza9999 3rd Feb 18, 3:58 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Gazza9999
    I have moved from sky to Pliusnet. Is Vodafone fibre (assuming it is for 76MB) and does it include anytime calls ?
    Originally posted by Gazza9999
    Checked it myself. Calls cost £8 extra per month. Will stay with my move to Plusnet.
    • nickmack
    • By nickmack 3rd Feb 18, 4:11 PM
    • 4,406 Posts
    • 1,724 Thanks
    nickmack
    Originally posted by Gazza9999
    I don't think it does, but for me that does not matter, as we never use the phone line, it's purely just for the Broadband.
    • Keith_F
    • By Keith_F 4th Feb 18, 6:05 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Keith_F
    Originally posted by caveman8006
    Well, Sky managed to mess up the plan.
    So went back to them. What I was promised, didn’t appear on my future bills correctly.
    Left it with them to listen to the tape and fix it.
    They came back to me today.
    Sky box sets with HD £12.54
    Cinema £10.00
    Sky sports ££20.00
    Sports HD £2.00
    Sky Go Extra inc.
    Grand total of £44.54.
    Plus £10 admin fee 18 months.
    • isitenough
    • By isitenough 7th Feb 18, 1:54 PM
    • 5,501 Posts
    • 44,992 Thanks
    isitenough
    Ex has just cancelled SKY sub as it was in his name, finishes on 11th March. (at my request, too expensive as is, as I took over paying it for the last yr he's been gone). When can I rejoin as a new customer? (not specifically to get a 'new' deal, just to have account in my name).

What kind of deal can I expect? I only want the Entertainment package, no add-ons that I can think of. (don't need to have sports, don't watch movies etc.) . I have the very basic box at the moment and don't want to change (although might upgrade to (2nd hand) SKY+ box when move house for the recording facility!). They don't make you upgrade the box with a new contact do they?
    Thanks
    Thank you to everyone who posts comps!
    I would like to be lucky,healthy & happy in 2018!
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 7th Feb 18, 3:40 PM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 703 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Ex has just cancelled SKY sub as it was in his name, finishes on 11th March. (at my request, too expensive as is, as I took over paying it for the last yr he's been gone). When can I rejoin as a new customer? (not specifically to get a 'new' deal, just to have account in my name).

What kind of deal can I expect? I only want the Entertainment package, no add-ons that I can think of. (don't need to have sports, don't watch movies etc.) . I have the very basic box at the moment and don't want to change (although might upgrade to (2nd hand) SKY+ box when move house for the recording facility!). They don't make you upgrade the box with a new contact do they?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by isitenough
    If it's just TV I've give them a call and explain the situation, Entertainment for new customers is £20 a month for 18 months and £20 upfront for a new 1TB Q box which will give you recording facilities now.
    • isitenough
    • By isitenough 7th Feb 18, 3:49 PM
    • 5,501 Posts
    • 44,992 Thanks
    isitenough
    If it's just TV I've give them a call and explain the situation, Entertainment for new customers is £20 a month for 18 months and £20 upfront for a new 1TB Q box which will give you recording facilities now.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Thanks. Yep, definitely just for TV right now.

Not really interested in the Q box, read some not-so-good things about them and tbh I'm happy with the box I have now until I move later in the yr.
    I'll give them a call in the next few days and see what happens.
    • bobstheboy
    • By bobstheboy 8th Feb 18, 9:03 AM
    • 585 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    bobstheboy
    What is a good price for 2T Sky Q, mini Q, Sky Sports, Boxed sets, Line rental 24/7 calls and unlimited fibre? Currently paying £98 pm. Thanks.
    • rus4r
    • By rus4r 8th Feb 18, 1:03 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rus4r
    I cancelled sky in dec 2017, they offered a deal we had satellite tv only sky+ with cinema, movies, sports, kids, on demand/catchup etc.was paying 74pcm after old deal expired so i phoned an haggled so they offered for around 51pcm , this week they sent mailing new offer valid until 1 march 2018:
    entertainment £11pcm (was 20pcm)
    then can pick extras from following:
    sports 14pcm (was 27.50pcm)
    kids 2.50pcm ( was 5pcm)
    sky cinema 9pcm ( was 18pcm)
    box sets 2.50pcm (was 5pcm)
    HD 2.50 was (5pcm)
    • isitenough
    • By isitenough 9th Feb 18, 4:11 PM
    • 5,501 Posts
    • 44,992 Thanks
    isitenough
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Thought I'd use Sky Chat and used the current member channel as I didn't know which one to use. Most unhelpful person I've ever spoken to! I will give them a ring tomorrow and hope for someone who can help.
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 9th Feb 18, 4:51 PM
    • 842 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    Thought I'd use Sky Chat and used the current member channel as I didn't know which one to use. Most unhelpful person I've ever spoken to! I will give them a ring tomorrow and hope for someone who can help.
    Originally posted by isitenough
    I joined Sky TV few months ago and cancelled the same day. Two months ago, rejoined Sky TV and mentioned I was with Sky TV. They quoted £20 p/m for Entertainment pack, I said it was too experience. Then they reduced it to £14 p/m.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,045Posts Today

9,129Users online

Martin's Twitter