Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 32,183Posts
    • 37,890Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 71
    • craigy_b
    • By craigy_b 7th Jan 18, 9:29 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    craigy_b
    I have given up
    They must think i am thick
    They offered 50% off in November and now offer £24 off (only 30%)

Originally posted by baldelectrician
    I'm in the same situation. My contract has just finished and I was on a 50% discount for the last 12 months. The best offer I've had so far since putting in notice to cancel is 30% and I'm not too confident of that increasing before my notice period is up.
    • MataNui
    • By MataNui 8th Jan 18, 8:20 AM
    • 915 Posts
    • 486 Thanks
    MataNui
    Depends on how much you want that sky Q box. For most people it offers a sum of 0 benefit in functional terms to what they already have. Do you need the extra storage? Do you ever find yourself needing to record 6 programs at once? Do you have a multi-room subscription currently (the cost will increase again of you want sky-Q multi-room)?

Personally i wouldnt pay them as much as £1 per month extra for Sky-Q because it gives me nothing more than what i have. It would just be an increase to my bill.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 8th Jan 18, 10:01 AM
    • 1,505 Posts
    • 635 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I'm in the same situation. My contract has just finished and I was on a 50% discount for the last 12 months. The best offer I've had so far since putting in notice to cancel is 30% and I'm not too confident of that increasing before my notice period is up.
    Originally posted by craigy_b
    You'll get the 50% easily enough (unless they've changed once more) plus £25 credit on either an 18 month fixed term contract or rolling monthly for the same length.

You're going to have to actually ask them though (probably 3 or 4 times).
    • Mastanlem
    • By Mastanlem 8th Jan 18, 1:11 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mastanlem
    Just found out Eurosport channel on Amazon is now £4.99 so another good reason to try it for the motorcycling season before re subscribing to Sky.
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 8th Jan 18, 8:29 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Got a letter today offering 50% but seemed to suggest this was off one element of package. Went on live chat. Got 50% off everything except HD. Asked for clarification, gave 50% off HD too but said £10 admin fee would have to be paid. Asked why and it was waived. Happy to have full services for £40 per month for 12 months.

Will post this on other threads too as there seems to be a few on a similar topic!
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 8th Jan 18, 8:32 PM
    • 815 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    Rejoined Sky.
    Got The Entertainment package for £14 pm for 18 months.
    • craigy_b
    • By craigy_b 8th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    craigy_b
    Got a letter today offering 50% but seemed to suggest this was off one element of package. Went on live chat. Got 50% off everything except HD. Asked for clarification, gave 50% off HD too but said £10 admin fee would have to be paid. Asked why and it was waived. Happy to have full services for £40 per month for 12 months.

Will post this on other threads too as there seems to be a few on a similar topic!
    Originally posted by MrsWenger
    Was this after leaving Sky or had you put in your notice to cancellation? The best I have been offered is 30%.
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 8th Jan 18, 9:52 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Was this after leaving Sky or had you put in your notice to cancellation? The best I have been offered is 30%.
    Originally posted by craigy_b
    I gave notice on the 28th December.

Online was showing 30% off, which would have been £56 per month, so more than the retention agents “talked to my manager” final offer of £49.95 when I called to cancel.

Hope this helps...
    • baldelectrician
    • By baldelectrician 9th Jan 18, 8:37 AM
    • 2,143 Posts
    • 1,329 Thanks
    baldelectrician
    That's the Sky Q box posted back to them yesterday

Now we have been 4 days without Sky we have actually found life goes on.

I have dug out an Android PVR box I have as a backup and now have full recording / time shift without subscription.
    baldly going on...
    • kthseat
    • By kthseat 9th Jan 18, 7:40 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    kthseat
    Rejoined
    Received letter offering entertainment sky sports kids and box sets in hd for 27 on 12 month contract. Ended up getting everything for 31 on 12 months. Sky.com/best60 for the site link.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Jan 18, 1:32 AM
    • 8,709 Posts
    • 5,161 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Rejoined Sky.
    Got The Entertainment package for £14 pm for 18 months.
    Originally posted by tazwhoever
    That's only 30% off as the Entertainment package is £20 for a recontract or 36% if based on the rolling full price.

Does your confirmation email say £14 specifically as usually they only fix a discount rate ?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Jan 18, 1:38 AM
    • 8,709 Posts
    • 5,161 Thanks
    teddysmum

I have dug out an Android PVR box I have as a backup and now have full recording / time shift without subscription.

I haven't even bothered getting our Humax out as I'm watching most tv on catchup which has the pvr's functions ,except for record. Also,I haven't missed Sky programmes as there are lots of new or further series of old favourites on freebie tv at the moment.
    • Mwood1
    • By Mwood1 10th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mwood1
    Sky package.
    I have sky sports and the variety package(includes Eurosport) SD for £23.80 per month.

Just reached my 1 year.

Anybody getting a better deal than this on above package?
    • Mastanlem
    • By Mastanlem 10th Jan 18, 1:42 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mastanlem
    On the special offer leaflet I received this week entertainment was £10, Sports £11 and HD £2. Not sure if the HD covers the Sport though. This was a 12 month contract.

I have been cut off sky since 23rd Nov
    • Dawning
    • By Dawning 11th Jan 18, 12:23 PM
    • 475 Posts
    • 1,019 Thanks
    Dawning
    I cancelled the other day. This was an actual firm cancellation as my partner has Sky anyway, I'm moving house and I wasn't tied to a contract. I don't intend to sign up again unless they offer me as good as the deal I was on which I don't think is likely.
    I'm enjoying and using Netflix much more than Sky.
    I'll update any offers here just for information for other posters. Current offer is 30% off full package. This is Sky+HD.
    Last edited by Dawning; 11-01-2018 at 12:27 PM.

• brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 12th Jan 18, 7:36 AM
    • 4,645 Posts
    • 1,929 Thanks
    brewerdave

What are they going to do with all these returned Sky Q boxes,I wonder ???
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 12th Jan 18, 8:34 AM
    • 1,505 Posts
    • 635 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    What are they going to do with all these returned Sky Q boxes,I wonder ???
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Hopefully offer them as a free (or really cheap) upgrade option to us HD+ customers
    • shavy65
    • By shavy65 12th Jan 18, 12:15 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,268 Thanks
    shavy65
    For my info - If I currently have Sky+HD with 1tb box, wired to all bedrooms (via RF2), no 4k TV`s.....what is the advantage of Sky Q?
    Appreciate replies.
    • frankennsteiny
    • By frankennsteiny 12th Jan 18, 2:49 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    frankennsteiny
    For my info - If I currently have Sky+HD with 1tb box, wired to all bedrooms (via RF2), no 4k TV`s.....what is the advantage of Sky Q?
    Appreciate replies.
    Originally posted by shavy65
    I can't see any advantage. I was looking at the sky q boxes and have 2x multiroom 500gb boxes and as I pointed out to the person on live chat i wouldn't be any better off with q as I can record on 2 channels at the same time on each box if i ever needed to record more than 2 channels at once. I could also easily get my programmes on catch up. Like you i have no 4k tv plus it would cost me for setting up plus also for a second box. Even the person on chat agreed it would be pointless.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 12th Jan 18, 2:50 PM
    • 4,645 Posts
    • 1,929 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Appreciate replies.
    Originally posted by shavy65
    None that I can see ....unless you like to record multiple channels at once, or want to watch different channels at the same time in different bedrooms.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,514Posts Today

8,856Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @RobiMous2: Yesterday I saved myself £30 a month by switching utilities and cancelling a sim no one in the family used anymore. Inspired?

• RT @elainelawro: @MartinSLewis When I lost my mum suddenly from a burst aneurysm on the brain I was unaware that my mum had signed up to do?

• RT @AlisonKinder: @MartinSLewis I?m on my second kidney transplant in Thirty years. My life has been changed beyond recognition twice by th?

• Follow Martin