Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 32,232Posts
    • 37,942Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 70
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 4th Jan 18, 4:20 PM
    • 1,512 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Ahh fair enough, would I be able to accept the discounted Sky HD package and then upgrade immediately to Sky Q? Iíve got two offers, the one for sky HD is less (even when you add the £12 a month extra for sky Q which is what I plan on doing) than the direct switch to sky Q offer.
    Originally posted by Jf555
    Only Sky could really answer that although I can't see them turning down an upgrade (and new contract) at anytime.

You're aware that you only need to add the £12 a month if you want multiroom (and possibly UltraHD).
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 4th Jan 18, 7:17 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    It was through the live chat. Iíve heard that they are offering up to around 60% off HD packages at the moment but Iím not too sure how accurate that is. Iíd try the live chat now youíve given notice and see what they have to say.
    Originally posted by Jf555
    Thanks for the reply Jf555.

Like others have mentioned 60% seems to have been withdrawn. Guy I spoke to said their intention is to get everyone paying full price and offer football tickets etc through Sky VIP. I wished him luck with the first part!
    • edmund_blackadder
    • By edmund_blackadder 4th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 6,030 Posts
    • 15,782 Thanks
    edmund_blackadder
    I had been disconnected for about 2 weeks, this was done over the phone. I had an issue with my view card not being activated and when I called up to sort it they then offered me sports for £6 a month for 12 months as compensation but I declined as I do not watch sports.
    Originally posted by malky39

So you went through with being disconnected and then rang them back up after 2 weeks and they offered you the lot at £36 per month?

That's good going.

The best they could offer me was £59.99 (and a £10 admin fee!)
    I enjoy a pint of beer each night for it's health benefits. The other pints are for my witty comebacks and flawless dance moves.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 4th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 1,512 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Guy I spoke to said their intention is to get everyone paying full price and offer football tickets etc through Sky VIP. I wished him luck with the first part!
    Originally posted by MrsWenger
    When I was renegotiating they tried using the fact that I'd lose access to Sky VIP and the chance to get tickets for audience shows and O2 tickets, he was a bit stumped when I explained I wasn't interested in any of them and just wanted a lower price.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 5th Jan 18, 12:35 AM
    • 8,715 Posts
    • 5,163 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I wouldn't pay full price and have rejected 50% off. Football tickets, free multiroom or a free add on would be of no use at all, so I'll stay as one who left.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 5th Jan 18, 7:47 AM
    • 4,647 Posts
    • 1,930 Thanks
    brewerdave
    When I was renegotiating they tried using the fact that I'd lose access to Sky VIP and the chance to get tickets for audience shows and O2 tickets, he was a bit stumped when I explained I wasn't interested in any of them and just wanted a lower price.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    A bit like the first retention online chat I had, when the guy on the other end, couldn't understand that I had absolutely no interest in the football
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 5th Jan 18, 7:54 AM
    • 1,456 Posts
    • 4,853 Thanks
    Oakdene
    I had the same last year, the guy said 'but you will lose access to tickets for the shows at the O2'. When I pointed out I live nigh on 300 miles away from the O2 he quickly stopped trying to use that...
    Hiraeth
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 5th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    • 1,512 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I had the same last year, the guy said 'but you will lose access to tickets for the shows at the O2'. When I pointed out I live nigh on 300 miles away from the O2 he quickly stopped trying to use that...
    Originally posted by Oakdene
    I'm a mere 900 miles round journey distant (over £100 in petrol) which should have been pretty obvious to the guy since I'd already confirmed my address

Yipee, free tickets...
    • mk_saver
    • By mk_saver 5th Jan 18, 4:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mk_saver
    Need some advice, I have over the last few days been discussing with sky my bills and went so far as to cancelling sky.

However I have since been offered the following:

Sky Q 2tb box (free)
    Sky mini box (free)
    Multi room (£12)
    Legacy entertainment tv, boxsets & hd (35% off for 12months)
    Sky fibre unlimited broadband & line rental (discounted bb by £8.99 for 12months & line rental discounted by £4 for 9months)

Basically for 9months am paying £62.79, then £66.79 (months 9-12), then for 12-18months am full price @ £89.08

Is this a good deal or am I still being ripped off?
    • darren_5
    • By darren_5 5th Jan 18, 4:36 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    darren_5
    I have been with sky 5+ years and would like a new Sky Q box (not subscription) to allow us to record more than 2 channels whilst watching another.... Other half loves to record!!)

I have said I was leaving and was offered 50% off 18 month subscription but have to keep old box as they would not provide new Sky Q box unless I pay £199.

The other option was to have 20% off basic package and not the 50% so pay £18.00 a month and have the box for £20.

On my current deal I was offered 75% off for 10 out of the 12 months. Will there be any MSE codes like there used to be that my other half could use and get a Sky Q box as a new customer?

My contract ends in 3 days - what should I do?

Thanks for reading.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 5th Jan 18, 6:59 PM
    • 8,715 Posts
    • 5,163 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I have been with sky 5+ years and would like a new Sky Q box (not subscription) to allow us to record more than 2 channels whilst watching another.... Other half loves to record!!)

I have said I was leaving and was offered 50% off 18 month subscription but have to keep old box as they would not provide new Sky Q box unless I pay £199.

The other option was to have 20% off basic package and not the 50% so pay £18.00 a month and have the box for £20.

On my current deal I was offered 75% off for 10 out of the 12 months. Will there be any MSE codes like there used to be that my other half could use and get a Sky Q box as a new customer?

My contract ends in 3 days - what should I do?

Thanks for reading.
    Originally posted by darren_5
    Some of us had even better deals (directly from Sky) last year, but the best offered now seems to be 50% with £25 credit (I refused at cancellation time), which then dropped to 30% off.

Your partner is not a new customer and they may notice matches such as same address, bank account or surname.

The latest model range and the one before that, with Humax, will record up to 4 programmes at once, depending on origin.
    • darren_5
    • By darren_5 5th Jan 18, 9:42 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    darren_5
    Which can do 4 recordings? The Sky Q boxes or the Sky HD?

Whats the worst that can happen if we put in my other halfs name? Sky told me thats the only way we can change the name on the account as you can't simply just change the name. I was told she would need to sign up as a new customer if we wanted to do that.

Im guessing I would never get a discount and a sky+ box?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 6th Jan 18, 9:41 AM
    • 1,512 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Need some advice, I have over the last few days been discussing with sky my bills and went so far as to cancelling sky.

However I have since been offered the following:

Sky Q 2tb box (free)
    Sky mini box (free)
    Multi room (£12)
    Legacy entertainment tv, boxsets & hd (35% off for 12months)
    Sky fibre unlimited broadband & line rental (discounted bb by £8.99 for 12months & line rental discounted by £4 for 9months)

Basically for 9months am paying £62.79, then £66.79 (months 9-12), then for 12-18months am full price @ £89.08

Is this a good deal or am I still being ripped off?
    Originally posted by mk_saver
    You're not being 'ripped off' regardless since they've given you an offer and it's up to you to take it or leave it.

As for the deal, for the first 12 months it's not bad at all but the last 6 months destroys it for me. Try to get them to extend it all (or most at least) to 18 months or even just for 12 months.

Edit: BTW, there's no such thing as 'Legacy entertainment tv, boxsets & hd' as Entertainment is the new basic core package at £25 full price. Boxsets & HD are £5 each add-ons.
    Last edited by Colin_Maybe; 06-01-2018 at 9:45 AM.
    • mk_saver
    • By mk_saver 6th Jan 18, 10:32 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mk_saver
    You're not being 'ripped off' regardless since they've given you an offer and it's up to you to take it or leave it.

As for the deal, for the first 12 months it's not bad at all but the last 6 months destroys it for me. Try to get them to extend it all (or most at least) to 18 months or even just for 12 months.

Edit: BTW, there's no such thing as 'Legacy entertainment tv, boxsets & hd' as Entertainment is the new basic core package at £25 full price. Boxsets & HD are £5 each add-ons.
    Just managed to get them to extend the broadband deal to the full 18month term so far... Therefore saving £8.99 for the 18months, line rental discount remains the same at £4 for the first 9months.

This therefore makes my average monthly bills to £69.23
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 6th Jan 18, 12:26 PM
    • 1,512 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Just managed to get them to extend the broadband deal to the full 18month term so far... Therefore saving £8.99 for the 18months, line rental discount remains the same at £4 for the first 9months.

This therefore makes my average monthly bills to £69.23
    Originally posted by mk_saver
    It usually takes me 3 or 4 attempts before I get something acceptable (to me). Patience & persistence are the keys.
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 6th Jan 18, 2:57 PM
    • 912 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    shaggy
    It usually takes me 3 or 4 attempts before I get something acceptable (to me). Patience & persistence are the keys.
    I agree. Took me a few attempts last year to get what I wanted. If you don't get offered what you wanted then say your goodbyes and try again with a different person the next day
    • darren_5
    • By darren_5 6th Jan 18, 8:24 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    darren_5
    Is this a fair deal for Sky Q?
    Hi all,

Im out of contract tomorrow and spoke with live chat a few times and the best i had was 50% off (£11.50 a month) to keep my existing sky HD box which ive had for 4 years and renew for 18 months.

I refused this and said I am only interested in upgrading my box or to leave.

I was offered Sky Q 1TB box with a £10 admin charge for £15.50 a month. It's not a massive win, but as a new customer i think they need to pay £20 a month?

Be interesting to hear what people say. Have I done the right thing?
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 6th Jan 18, 8:39 PM
    • 2,632 Posts
    • 18,428 Thanks
    mije1983
    There's a long thread on Sky that will give you an idea of what others have haggled

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5480644

• Mastanlem
    • By Mastanlem 7th Jan 18, 3:01 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mastanlem
    My last day was 23rd of Nov. For box sets and cinema. I have just been sent an offer of £10 for entertainment and £2 for HD plus other package offers. I am only interested now because the Eurosport channel only works out at £5 more than the Eurosport channel on Amazon and my husband can record the motorcycle racing when the season starts in March. This was for 12 month contract.
    We have gone through Christmas without but I do get Now tv anyway for the bedroom. However my husband says not to bother as he will be happy with Amazon.
    • baldelectrician
    • By baldelectrician 7th Jan 18, 5:22 PM
    • 2,144 Posts
    • 1,331 Thanks
    baldelectrician
    I have given up
    They must think i am thick
    They offered 50% off in November and now offer £24 off (only 30%)

Cant be bothered calling them and asking for a discount any more.
    The Sky Q box is now unplugged and ready to get posted away.

I have asked them to cease any marketing emails and calls, their number is blocked as well

As a Sky customer for over 20 years it is now over- why have a dish when internet does as well?
    baldly going on...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

25Posts Today

4,104Users online

Martin's Twitter