Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 30,247Posts
    • 35,811Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 6
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 5th Oct 16, 8:07 PM
    • 5,795 Posts
    • 3,426 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Whenever I have got a good deal with Sky, I have always spoken to an Indian call centre person.
    Originally posted by stephenliverpool1

The centre in Derby for me, after two poor offers from Scotland.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 5th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 5,795 Posts
    • 3,426 Thanks
    teddysmum
    The way the others are cutting back on offers , makes Virgin's phone and line, with Anytime calls not look so bad, considering you get fast broadband .(We are not fibre enabled, though our local exchange has been for some time)
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 6th Oct 16, 10:22 AM
    • 4,013 Posts
    • 1,600 Thanks
    brewerdave

Didn't Rachel Riley look fab today on Countdown ?
    Originally posted by stephenliverpool1
    ...but not as good as she always does on "8 out of ten cats does Countdown"
    • Lady Bee
    • By Lady Bee 6th Oct 16, 11:51 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    Lady Bee
    If anyone is interested in just the Original tv package and you've got 60% off on your front page click on 'Left Sky in the last 12 months' (I have been switched off) and all packages are showing as 60% off except original which is £5. Bargain :-)
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 6th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 1,007 Posts
    • 834 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    ...but not as good as she always does on "8 out of ten cats does Countdown"
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    I sometimes watch that as well and yes...she does look good.
    • Hurley
    • By Hurley 6th Oct 16, 3:25 PM
    • 1,307 Posts
    • 383 Thanks
    Hurley
    The way the others are cutting back on offers , makes Virgin's phone and line, with Anytime calls not look so bad, considering you get fast broadband .(We are not fibre enabled, though our local exchange has been for some time)
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    I got referred to Virgin by a friend. They get £50 plus so do I if I sign up

I got a call from them and said it was too expensive. They offered a better deal instead of

50MB unlimited BB
    one Tivo box with basic non paid channels
    line rental
    any time calls
    £50 credit

for £36 a month.

Not the worst offer.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 6th Oct 16, 3:53 PM
    • 905 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    Tried to haggle with sky today to get a account credit, they are not having it..

50% off inc multi screen is best I could get for box sets and cinema.sports with HD. Cost was 46 per month....

Tried to get 50 credit but not available
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Oct 16, 3:59 PM
    • 5,795 Posts
    • 3,426 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I got referred to Virgin by a friend. They get £50 plus so do I if I sign up

I got a call from them and said it was too expensive. They offered a better deal instead of

50MB unlimited BB
    one Tivo box with basic non paid channels
    line rental
    any time calls
    £50 credit

for £36 a month.

Not the worst offer.
    Originally posted by Hurley

It isn't really a personal special offer; it's very close to the price I worked out using website details (£36-£50/12=£36- £4.17=£31.83 ; my price £32.70 ),but good compared to Sky's £25.40, which will soon be £26.40 and does not include the tv part.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 6th Oct 16, 4:43 PM
    • 2,157 Posts
    • 17,234 Thanks
    mije1983
    It isn't really a personal special offer; it's very close to the price I worked out using website details (£36-£50/12=£36- £4.17=£31.83 ; my price £32.70 ),but good compared to Sky's £25.40, which will soon be £26.40 and does not include the tv part.
    Is the basic Virgin TV package not just the FTA channels though? So (compared to the Sky price) they are charging £6 p/m to use the TiVo?

• Hurley
    • By Hurley 6th Oct 16, 8:19 PM
    • 1,307 Posts
    • 383 Thanks
    Hurley
    When I add all that to my basket I get quoted £39 per month (I have talk anytime), not £36.
    • bubblegun
    • By bubblegun 6th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    bubblegun
    The centre in Derby for me, after two poor offers from Scotland.
    Is that because you gave notice to cancel first?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 7th Oct 16, 4:12 PM
    • 5,795 Posts
    • 3,426 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Is that because you gave notice to cancel first?
    Originally posted by bubblegun

I gave notice on tv, then called about phone. No success this time, so I'm leaving. (Sky are finding Q rollout and the football contract expensive, so are cutting deals, I'm told)
    • merx8
    • By merx8 9th Oct 16, 10:43 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    merx8
    I gave notice on tv, then called about phone. No success this time, so I'm leaving. (Sky are finding Q rollout and the football contract expensive, so are cutting deals, I'm told)
    You have been told wrong, the opposite right now in all honesty.
    • merx8
    • By merx8 9th Oct 16, 10:45 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    merx8
    Tried to haggle with sky today to get a account credit, they are not having it..

50% off inc multi screen is best I could get for box sets and cinema.sports with HD. Cost was 46 per month....

Tried to get 50 credit but not available
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    Account credits are not going to be offered at this time, 50% is as good as your going to get for the month unless you cancel and wait until the final week before the cancellation is effective, it will then go to 60% but that's the lot.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 10th Oct 16, 2:20 PM
    • 4,013 Posts
    • 1,600 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Account credits are not going to be offered at this time, 50% is as good as your going to get for the month unless you cancel and wait until the final week before the cancellation is effective, it will then go to 60% but that's the lot.
    Originally posted by merx8
    ...you seem quite convinced -are you a Sky employee??
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Oct 16, 2:57 PM
    • 5,795 Posts
    • 3,426 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Someone poste on another thread that they had only a 50% until some time after leaving. Then came a rejected 60% off offer, which was improved by a £50 cashback, which they accepted.

I doubt I will succumb, as being realistic , the little non-Freeview content, I watch, is not worth even reduced prices.
    • shavy65
    • By shavy65 27th Oct 16, 8:01 AM
    • 361 Posts
    • 1,079 Thanks
    shavy65
    All quiet on here....?
    Currently on 50% off with £100 credit, ends next month. What`s the best deals going at the moment?
    i.e. what can I realistically expect to be offered when I do the whole ringing up and cancelling palava.

Cheers.
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 27th Oct 16, 9:17 AM
    • 4,013 Posts
    • 1,600 Thanks
    brewerdave
    All quiet on here....?
    Currently on 50% off with £100 credit, ends next month. What`s the best deals going at the moment?
    i.e. what can I realistically expect to be offered when I do the whole ringing up and cancelling palava.

Cheers.
    Originally posted by shavy65
    ...on my final day - best direct offer via phone,letter is still 50% off for 10 months,(altho' MySky shows 50% for 12 months which others have said reverts to 10 months when you try to take it!!!).
    I'm going to let it go off UNLESS something happens today.
    • ChrisJ73
    • By ChrisJ73 27th Oct 16, 1:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChrisJ73
    I'm currently in my notice period of cancellation as when I contacted them to say that it's too expensive and my box is staring to fail.. I was offered a whopping 20% off for 6 months taking it from 80 something to sixty something , baring in mind I only have sports and sky go extra. No movies or phone/BB.

The upgrade to Sky Q was considerably more expensive as an existing customer of a number of years standing than a new customer (and they get a free gift)

Fortunately my OH is moving in so I guess she can be a new subscriber !
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 27th Oct 16, 8:00 PM
    • 5,795 Posts
    • 3,426 Thanks
    teddysmum
    ...on my final day - best direct offer via phone,letter is still 50% off for 10 months,(altho' MySky shows 50% for 12 months which others have said reverts to 10 months when you try to take it!!!).
    I'm going to let it go off UNLESS something happens today.
    Originally posted by brewerdave

Mine's been off for 2 weeks and nothing.

To be honest, I haven't even needed to get the Humax out as I can make do with catchup and +1 programmes on Freeview. The Sky box is left on just in case I want to watch the (2?) channels not on Freeview.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,077Posts Today

5,380Users online

Martin's Twitter