Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 31,945Posts
    • 37,677Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 51
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 9th Oct 17, 4:26 PM
    • 4,600 Posts
    • 1,909 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Thanks for this. I just cancelled last week and was on here looking at best way forward to get a deal (other than the 30% offered on my MySky homepage).

Do you know if I click on the "Click Here" button once on that page is that me commited to taking the deal, or is there a chance to review the exact price etc? (It's not clear whether this would include my Sky Sports HD Pack that I previously had, hence I'd like to review)
    Originally posted by badgerswithafros
    During my recent "negotiations" I was told repeatedly that discounts could not be applied to the Sports HD Pack at any level EVEN THO' I had a 60% discount off of the £6pm last year -I have no idea why they are so intransigent on including it.The value is insignificant when compared with the package discount they have given me of £39.30 pm.
    It could only be included if I agreed to an 18 month deal with discounts for 12 months
    • badgerswithafros
    • By badgerswithafros 9th Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    badgerswithafros
    During my recent "negotiations" I was told repeatedly that discounts could not be applied to the Sports HD Pack at any level EVEN THO' I had a 60% discount off of the £6pm last year -I have no idea why they are so intransigent on including it.The value is insignificant when compared with the package discount they have given me of £39.30 pm.
    It could only be included if I agreed to an 18 month deal with discounts for 12 months
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Ha ha, sounds about right! I just got off online chat asking about it, and also got the "no discount on HD Pack" line. Not a deal breaker anyway.

More interesting was when she made me take a photo of the offer page to send her, and then claimed I "shouldn't have received the email" for the 50% offer as it's for Sky+ only, and I have Sky Q. Though the wording on the 30% offer page that I can access from my homepage is identical, and refers to Sky+ also. She then offered me 40% off only, which I rejected. I'll probably click the 50% link when I get home tonight and see what happens!
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 9th Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    • 8,628 Posts
    • 5,100 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Ha ha, sounds about right! I just got off online chat asking about it, and also got the "no discount on HD Pack" line. Not a deal breaker anyway.

More interesting was when she made me take a photo of the offer page to send her, and then claimed I "shouldn't have received the email" for the 50% offer as it's for Sky+ only, and I have Sky Q. Though the wording on the 30% offer page that I can access from my homepage is identical, and refers to Sky+ also. She then offered me 40% off only, which I rejected. I'll probably click the 50% link when I get home tonight and see what happens!

The web page is very confusing as whoever updated it has made multiple mistakes by leaving bits in or omitting to add extra information.

For ages it said that the existing customer offer was only for 11months,despite mentioning 12 lower down the page. Then when the special line/bb offers ended, they altered the public page but left £15 still on the existing customer page. Now (well certainly until the weekend) the latter page says that the £18 offer applies if you upgrade you change your tv contract ,but lower down the T&Cs don't mention this condition.
    Last edited by teddysmum; 12-10-2017 at 6:10 PM.
    • sr4mb0
    • By sr4mb0 9th Oct 17, 7:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sr4mb0
    Just got off the phone with the retention team. Currently have the package advertised on MSE due to expire on Nov 1st (£63.99 for fiber max, box sets, cinema and sports increasing to £122.99).

Was offered same package excluding Sky cinema for £80.29. Removing both cinema and sports would reduce the monthly cost to £61.79.

Downgrading to fiber unlimited from max would save another £5.

Was told that new contracts would be 18 months.

I made no effort to haggle down the price further, instead just opting to cancel. I'll update if I get any offers during the cancellation period, regardless I'll be moving to BT for a cheaper package.
    • badgerswithafros
    • By badgerswithafros 9th Oct 17, 7:49 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    badgerswithafros

So I clicked the 50% link and got a "Thanks for staying with us" page and "we'll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order has gone through". 2 hours later, no email!

I don't want to click through the half price broadband link I've also got until this 50% TV offer is confirmed.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 9th Oct 17, 8:37 PM
    • 1,402 Posts
    • 594 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    So I clicked the 50% link and got a "Thanks for staying with us" page and "we'll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order has gone through". 2 hours later, no email!

I don't want to click through the half price broadband link I've also got until this 50% TV offer is confirmed.
    Check your online account and see if it's updated in any way.
    • abacab
    • By abacab 9th Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    • 422 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    abacab

The broadband offer took 4 or 5 days to show and e-mail sent for me,so don't sweat it
    • badgerswithafros
    • By badgerswithafros 9th Oct 17, 8:44 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    badgerswithafros
    Check your online account and see if it's updated in any way.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    No change from before. Future bills still show as if cancelling. Reckon this won't be straight forward!
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 10th Oct 17, 8:32 AM
    • 4,600 Posts
    • 1,909 Thanks
    brewerdave
    The Sky account pages are a mess - almost impossible to work things out if you are an existing customer,particularly Sky HD.
    My payment page is now showing two direct debit amounts for November 14th - nothing for October! And September's bill (which I paid) has vanished!
    Last edited by brewerdave; 10-10-2017 at 8:34 AM.
    • badgerswithafros
    • By badgerswithafros 10th Oct 17, 2:48 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    badgerswithafros

All came through successfully today, 50% off TV. Thanks to daverave for the link. Got the 50% of unlimited fibre broadband too. Paying a bit more than last years MSE deal but happy enough.

Thanks
    • qsk
    • By qsk 11th Oct 17, 11:00 AM
    • 245 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    qsk
    All came through successfully today, 50% off TV. Thanks to daverave for the link. Got the 50% of unlimited fibre broadband too. Paying a bit more than last years MSE deal but happy enough.

Thanks
    Thanks for this.
    Is the 50% starts from today or when your previous contract ends? Is your final bill updated with the offer?
    • badgerswithafros
    • By badgerswithafros 11th Oct 17, 11:43 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    badgerswithafros
    Thanks for this.
    Is the 50% starts from today or when your previous contract ends? Is your final bill updated with the offer?
    Originally posted by qsk
    The email confirming the broadband deal states it is from today for 12 months. Would have left it later into my 31 days notice if I'd realised this, but not a big issue. I haven't received an email detailing my TV order, just an email thanking me for staying with Sky. My future bills have all been updated with the 50% off.
    • in my bumble opinion
    • By in my bumble opinion 11th Oct 17, 12:31 PM
    • 1,225 Posts
    • 1,910 Thanks
    in my bumble opinion
    Put through a cancellation on my dad's telly account a week ago.

50% off everything was offered from day 1.

Decided to accept that today as they also agreed it would not be a new contract, so still free to leave/negotiate anytime.

Box sets, Sports and Sports HD for about £35/m.

Once the cancellation was removed I activated his VIP status (black), so got Sky Go Extra for free now which is handy.

'Free' upgrade to Sky Q is available but only with multiroom for an extra £12/m. Only one telly though so not appealing. Also, the 18 month contract with Q is a sneaky one as any discounted tv package deals seem to be max 12m.

Hard to see it being worthwhile to go with Q so I think we'll stick with month to month HD+ for a while.

EDITED TO ADD: Also got a £50 bill credit...forgot to mention it when posting.
    Last edited by in my bumble opinion; 14-10-2017 at 9:40 AM.
    ''He who takes no offence at anyone either on account of their faults, or on account of his own suspicious thoughts, has knowledge of God and of things devine.''
    • john-306
    • By john-306 11th Oct 17, 6:45 PM
    • 588 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    john-306
    My 75% off and £100 credit to my account ends next month.
    This has cost me effective £19 a month for everything including multi room. It's going up to £92 so I rang and they worked their way up to 50% off most things, this made it £61.50, hardly 50% off.
    No way am I paying £61.50, that isn't even for sky Q, that's another £12 a month.
    I was genuinely going to cancel last year till they made that great offer, this year looks like the end.
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 11th Oct 17, 9:40 PM
    • 808 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    Looking for Sky TV Original package, how can I get the best deal from Sky?

I haven't joined Sky yet.

Any tips?

Thanks
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 12th Oct 17, 6:32 PM
    • 8,628 Posts
    • 5,100 Thanks
    teddysmum
    My 75% off and £100 credit to my account ends next month.
    This has cost me effective £19 a month for everything including multi room. It's going up to £92 so I rang and they worked their way up to 50% off most things, this made it £61.50, hardly 50% off.
    No way am I paying £61.50, that isn't even for sky Q, that's another £12 a month.
    I was genuinely going to cancel last year till they made that great offer, this year looks like the end.
    Originally posted by john-306

I have the same deal (boxed sets, Cinema; £14 ) ,due to end on 18th November, so I'll be to cancel on Monday, in case I need several attempts to get through. ( I tried to call last week, about a phone/AFSL deal, but was twice given a waiting time, which would have used up my 60 inclusive minutes with no time to discuss , so I gave up and stayed with PlusNet, whose contact has improved.)

I meant to stay away last time, but the deal was too good to miss. Like you, I don't see it being repeated, but won't stay for any less than 75% (without the credit) or 60% with £100 credit. (Sounds greedy, but that is all it's worth to me.)
    • theshoefairy
    • By theshoefairy 12th Oct 17, 7:33 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    theshoefairy
    Hi all, What is this link that people are talking of for 50% off? I am about to contact sky and give my 30 days notice.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 12th Oct 17, 8:12 PM
    • 1,402 Posts
    • 594 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Hi all, What is this link that people are talking of for 50% off? I am about to contact sky and give my 30 days notice.
    Originally posted by theshoefairy
    This one:-

If you are quite happy with 50% off and in your cancellation period then all you need to do is visit sky.com/stay50 which will give you the 50% off offer
    Originally posted by daverave
    • keypads
    • By keypads 12th Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    keypads
    I've clicked the link. Sky seem to have added a £10 administrative charge and then added £6 monthly for HD, so its not really 50% off. Has anyone else had similar?

Thanks
    • john-306
    • By john-306 12th Oct 17, 10:59 PM
    • 588 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    john-306
    I have the same deal (boxed sets, Cinema; £14 ) ,due to end on 18th November, so I'll be to cancel on Monday, in case I need several attempts to get through. ( I tried to call last week, about a phone/AFSL deal, but was twice given a waiting time, which would have used up my 60 inclusive minutes with no time to discuss , so I gave up and stayed with PlusNet, whose contact has improved.)

I meant to stay away last time, but the deal was too good to miss. Like you, I don't see it being repeated, but won't stay for any less than 75% (without the credit) or 60% with £100 credit. (Sounds greedy, but that is all it's worth to me.)
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    Mine is up according to sky on the 20th Nov.
    I don't think it's too greedy at all, I was 100% going to leave last year, then they offered 75% off and £100 credit to stay so I took it.
    If all they offer is 50% off some things, then like you it's not worth it to me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,096Posts Today

6,055Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin