Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 31,861Posts
    • 37,579Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 44
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 14th Sep 17, 10:05 AM
    • 1,389 Posts
    • 917 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    Has anybody ever got a reply back from the above email address or had the CEO's office reply or ring you about your complaint.
    Reason is i sent an email to the 7 days ago and have not had a reply or any Sky person call me.
    I have 8 days to go on my current min term and after the overcharging for the last 2 months i will put in my cancel request.
    Originally posted by Boohoo
    Send it again
    • jpwjpw
    • By jpwjpw 14th Sep 17, 2:04 PM
    • 245 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    jpwjpw
    I have just spoken to Sky retention`s to give notice to cancel as our bill is due to increase from £35 to £96 next month. (we got an amazing deal last year when moving from Virgin which included Box sets, line rental, fibre BB, Sky Q 2tb box and multi screen).

Sky said all their really good offers have changed but he would see what he could do... 10% off TV! and nothing else was coming up. That would have saved me £3.80.

I am now on notice to be cut off on on 7th October. Have just seen 30% off tv showing on my account, which wasn`t there before. Do they only give % off offers on the TV part?

I really don`t want to leave Sky so am really hoping for a call to negotiate some kind of reasonable price for our package . I know I will not get the same price as I have been paying. Could I ask how long you had to wait for a call if you got one.

Thanks
    Originally posted by katies mum
    I had a similar deal (£35 a month for Sky Q 2TB, Second box - multiroom, Sports, Movies and Box Sets etc).

I only have TV with them.

I dropped them a message to cancel as it was going to go up to £92 a month. I then phoned them on 0333 2022152 and was put through to retentions.

They offered me 50% off TV and £4 off the HD pack. So £51 a month for the same package, or £39 a month as I'm removing multiroom (I don't use it).

Thought that was a decent deal, so I took them up on it!
    • MDL74
    • By MDL74 15th Sep 17, 12:03 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    MDL74
    I"m on the full package and was paying about £42 pm with 50% off and discounted multiroom.

I've now cancelled and quite fancy upgrading to Sky Q.

Firstly, i was offered same TV package and free installation and extra box but paying £72 monthly which is more than i want to pay. What's the best i can hope for having already cancelled?

Secondly i have a loftbox so i can send the signal from the main sky box to other TVs.... does the Sky Q box allow an aerial out signal?
    • bigbulldog
    • By bigbulldog 15th Sep 17, 3:36 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    bigbulldog
    Why do Sky always leave it so late to offer you a decent retention deal.

ie our Q box set package gets terminated tomorrow and the broadband switches over to another provider on the 3/11,so I thought I would give it one last go at trying to keep me as a customer and wow they just did that with what I've just accepted.....

Sky Q 1tb box set package,unlimited fibre including line rental £31 per month for 12 months and no tie in to a contract.

They offered this apparently as they had received notice from the new broadband provider I was switching to.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 15th Sep 17, 3:58 PM
    • 8,504 Posts
    • 5,032 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Originally posted by bigbulldog
    Many customers don't have any special offers (they've not been on this forum), so will take a very small one. Others panic that the 'brilliant ' 30% offer will disappear ,soon, leaving them to pay full price, so they grab.

The lower the offer they can retain you for the more profit for Sky, so they haggle when we do, but we want offers to increase in value; the opposite to what Sky wants.

They also use psychology by offering, say,50% off, then 60% but reverting to 50% in the hope that you will panic deal at 50%,in case the offer drops lower,butyou have to hold your nerve.
    Last edited by teddysmum; 15-09-2017 at 4:03 PM.
    • Moneygrabber1
    • By Moneygrabber1 15th Sep 17, 4:28 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Moneygrabber1

ie our Q box set package gets terminated tomorrow and the broadband switches over to another provider on the 3/11,so I thought I would give it one last go at trying to keep me as a customer and wow they just did that with what I've just accepted.....

Sky Q 1tb box set package,unlimited fibre including line rental £31 per month for 12 months and no tie in to a contract.

They offered this apparently as they had received notice from the new broadband provider I was switching to.
    Can you not contact your new provider to cancel(cooling off period?) and then accept the Sky offer?
    • Moneygrabber1
    • By Moneygrabber1 15th Sep 17, 4:34 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Moneygrabber1
    Pleased with myself. There was an offer, in the Sun, on Tuesday, suggesting phone & unlimited broadband for £15 per month.

I rang up thinking I could accept the offer. However, I was told that the offer was only available to new customers, even though the ad didn't state that, anywhere.

After much conversation and explaining I'd been misled, a manager agreed to give me £10 per month off line rental. Also agreed to put, on my account, a credit of just under £48. Essentially, this makes phone & broadband £15 per month for the next 12 months. Also I didn't need to pay the one-of charge that was shown in the ad of £19.95

Result!
    • bigbulldog
    • By bigbulldog 15th Sep 17, 4:42 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    bigbulldog
    Can you not contact your new provider to cancel(cooling off period?) and then accept the Sky offer?
    Originally posted by Moneygrabber1
    Yep that's what I did this morning.
    • bigbulldog
    • By bigbulldog 15th Sep 17, 4:43 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    bigbulldog
    Many customers don't have any special offers (they've not been on this forum), so will take a very small one. Others panic that the 'brilliant ' 30% offer will disappear ,soon, leaving them to pay full price, so they grab.

The lower the offer they can retain you for the more profit for Sky, so they haggle when we do, but we want offers to increase in value; the opposite to what Sky wants.

They also use psychology by offering, say,50% off, then 60% but reverting to 50% in the hope that you will panic deal at 50%,in case the offer drops lower,butyou have to hold your nerve.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    They definitely do not make it easy.
    • Moneygrabber1
    • By Moneygrabber1 15th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Moneygrabber1
    They definitely do not make it easy.
    By the way, who was the new provider and was it easy to cancel?
    • bigbulldog
    • By bigbulldog 15th Sep 17, 7:59 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    bigbulldog
    Vodaphone and yes no problem at all as the switch over date was the 03/11 which was when my current Sky broadband offer ended.
    • Topper1900
    • By Topper1900 15th Sep 17, 9:25 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Topper1900
    Hardly that late then as there's well over a month still to go before your new provider would have taken over. I'm down to a fortnight and so far still "only" been offered 50% off. I don't know why Sky don't just track which customers seek a discount annually and make them a decent offer each year instead of all this annual brinkmanship.
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 15th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    • 429 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    Mister G
    Don't forget that most ISPs only allow you to cancel penalty free within 14 days of your order being accepted, rather than from your actual connection date.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 16th Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 555 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Don't forget that most ISPs only allow you to cancel penalty free within 14 days of your order being accepted, rather than from your actual connection date.
    Originally posted by Mister G
    A very important point that should be stickied.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 16th Sep 17, 10:19 AM
    • 4,556 Posts
    • 1,885 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Talking to my s-i-l yesterday,he has got a really good retention deal from Sky, about 3 days before cut off date for TV.
    Free Sky 2 TB Q Box with installation, 1 Sky mini, full TV package, unlimited fibre and phone line rental for £60 pm which is less than he was paying for "standard" HD package,fibre and rental last year.
    • bigbulldog
    • By bigbulldog 16th Sep 17, 1:39 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    bigbulldog
    Hardly that late then as there's well over a month still to go before your new provider would have taken over. I'm down to a fortnight and so far still "only" been offered 50% off. I don't know why Sky don't just track which customers seek a discount annually and make them a decent offer each year instead of all this annual brinkmanship.
    Originally posted by Topper1900
    It is when my tv contract ended today.
    • black paw
    • By black paw 16th Sep 17, 4:32 PM
    • 1,765 Posts
    • 1,145 Thanks
    black paw
    i was not offered anything and it was bye then ...cut off about 3 weeks now . i e mailed the 10 days ago about coming back ..but no reply .. as i am quiet deaf i can't phone . i like to e-mail .. there accessibility team where hardly any help ... we do have a sky stand in our shopping centre and will prob go there to ask them to phone for me ....weird no leaflet in post asking back either
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
    • Mastanlem
    • By Mastanlem 17th Sep 17, 10:31 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mastanlem
    Black paw, just put come back to sky in your browser and then you will see numerous results click on the sky one that says left in the last 12 months. You should be able to do it via chat.

I did this last year and got 75% plus £100 credit. Will be trying again end of Nov.
    Mastanlem
    • miamoo
    • By miamoo 17th Sep 17, 10:49 AM
    • 1,675 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    miamoo
    Rang sky the other day to cancel as the 12 month deal I got last September is just up, I had 60% off the full package and half price multi room (down from around £90 to £45).
    It was much easier this time, last time it went right to the wire and they rang me a few days before the 30 day notice of cancellation period, to offer the deal.
    This time I said "I want to cancel its too expensive, last time I rang the guy initially offered me 30% off and it wasn't enough, so I cancelled and then they rang offered me 60% off and I took it". So he said well that's great to know and gives me something to work with, I can give you 50% off for 12 months, so I took it. I removed multi room as I don't use it (and I get free sky go extra now anyway on the sky VIP thing) so its now down to £33 a month for the full package from the £92 they wanted!
    £100 - £10,000
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 19th Sep 17, 4:46 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Boohoo
    Has anybody ever got a reply back from the above email address or had the CEO's office reply or ring you about your complaint.
    Reason is i sent an email to the 7 days ago and have not had a reply or any Sky person call me.
    I have 8 days to go on my current min term and after the overcharging for the last 2 months i will put in my cancel request.
    I had a missed call from Sky on Sunday and they got hold of me today.
    The woman from exec team asked why i had complained as she was convinced that Sky had given me a good deal.
    The last 2 months of my 60% discount was not applied as Sky changed sports to Sports complete which mucked up the discount.
    I was meant to have £48 pm tv discount for the last 2 months but they charged full whack for September and more than i was paying before for Octobers bill.
    She stopped the discount for Sept/Oct bill and refunded me £96 and could not understand why the complaints team had not done that.
    She said the offer they applied for the last 2 months of my min term for sport/cinema was £96 saving over 6 months which would cover me for the overcharging but i would pay £32 for variety as Sky could not discount that as an offer was already on the account.
    I was paying £27.20 pm but with new offer £32 for variety and £20 for sport/cinema (after discount) making £52.20 pm which the rep thought was better than what i was paying before.
    She then said would i like to hand in my cancel request as i mentioned in the email i was thinking of leaving due to being messed about but i will do that at the end of this week as it will be 32 days to the end of my min term.
    Sky must be cutting down of dishing out deals as a gesture of good will and big discounts judging by the retention deals and come back offers i have seen on here and d/spy.
    I got my £96 back which i was overcharged so i am ok with that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

2,578Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin