Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 31,871Posts
    • 37,593Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 43
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 8th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    • 453 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Try em to Jeremy[dot]darroch@bskyb.com.
    '
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 8th Sep 17, 12:32 PM
    • 1,389 Posts
    • 917 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    I have just got straight through on this number half an hour ago: 03337 594 464

My current offer via the phone is 50% of original bundle but no credit offered, I declined, he did mumble something about 60% for the bigger packages which included sports but as I was only after the original it was said quickly in passing.
    • DaveW007
    • By DaveW007 8th Sep 17, 1:15 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 1,378 Thanks
    DaveW007
    Sky
    I've been with Sky for 11 years 10 months and 8 days so they told me today. I am also a Platinum VIP customer. :-)

All in all I am happy with the package I have apart from the cost.

I currently have TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile with them and always haggle each and every year to get the best deal.

Where the previous 12 months I had just over £20.00 per month discount, for the next 18 months they will only offer £12.40!

Is it worth waiting a few days and try again or shall I go with what they have offered?

I currently have:

TV Original Mix (Sky+ box)
    Unlimited Broadband
    Phone (Evenings and Weekends)
    Mobile phone

What are the benefits of a Sky Q box? Would I get a better discount with this?

Thanks
    Last edited by DaveW007; 08-09-2017 at 3:13 PM.
    Wins - 2012: Essential Elvis Subscription, 25 x 4 litre bags of Sophisticat Aloe Vera Cat Litter, Doro PhoneEasy 410gsm, Staples Eco-Bag, 120ml of Zoflora disinfectant

2013: 2 x tickets to see Donny & Marie Osmond in Cardiff, The New Recruit by Andy McNab, The Cat magazine (Spring edition), Philips Colours Factory Head Light Bar
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 10th Sep 17, 1:13 PM
    • 1,938 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    katies mum
    I have just spoken to Sky retention`s to give notice to cancel as our bill is due to increase from £35 to £96 next month. (we got an amazing deal last year when moving from Virgin which included Box sets, line rental, fibre BB, Sky Q 2tb box and multi screen).

Sky said all their really good offers have changed but he would see what he could do... 10% off TV! and nothing else was coming up. That would have saved me £3.80.

I am now on notice to be cut off on on 7th October. Have just seen 30% off tv showing on my account, which wasn`t there before. Do they only give % off offers on the TV part?

I really don`t want to leave Sky so am really hoping for a call to negotiate some kind of reasonable price for our package . I know I will not get the same price as I have been paying. Could I ask how long you had to wait for a call if you got one.

Thanks
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 10th Sep 17, 1:38 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Not exactly retention deal.

Upgrade offer sports Prem and cinema 28 per month no contract.

Via e-chat last week-accepted includes hd and uhd via sky and hd via mini box.
    Last edited by Dandytf; 10-09-2017 at 3:22 PM.
    sc dmp 2012 13k

Jan 2017 7380 paid. 50% ish...
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 10th Sep 17, 3:13 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I have just spoken to Sky retention`s to give notice to cancel as our bill is due to increase from £35 to £96 next month. (we got an amazing deal last year when moving from Virgin which included Box sets, line rental, fibre BB, Sky Q 2tb box and multi screen).

Sky said all their really good offers have changed but he would see what he could do... 10% off TV! and nothing else was coming up. That would have saved me £3.80.

I am now on notice to be cut off on on 7th October. Have just seen 30% off tv showing on my account, which wasn`t there before. Do they only give % off offers on the TV part?

I really don`t want to leave Sky so am really hoping for a call to negotiate some kind of reasonable price for our package . I know I will not get the same price as I have been paying. Could I ask how long you had to wait for a call if you got one.

Thanks
    Originally posted by katies mum
    The TV package is separate from the line rental/BB package, you haven't scheduled a cancellation on the LR/BB too I hope?
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 10th Sep 17, 3:23 PM
    • 1,938 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    katies mum
    Hi, yes I have cancelled both! should I not have done this?
    • DaveW007
    • By DaveW007 10th Sep 17, 4:25 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 1,378 Thanks
    DaveW007
    I phoned Sky again yesterday and was given £17.00 discount per month over the next 18 months. I did push for more and after speaking to a manager the adviser could only offer an extra £25.00 as a credit on my next bill.

Sky don't seem to be giving as much with discounts now as the used to.
    Wins - 2012: Essential Elvis Subscription, 25 x 4 litre bags of Sophisticat Aloe Vera Cat Litter, Doro PhoneEasy 410gsm, Staples Eco-Bag, 120ml of Zoflora disinfectant

2013: 2 x tickets to see Donny & Marie Osmond in Cardiff, The New Recruit by Andy McNab, The Cat magazine (Spring edition), Philips Colours Factory Head Light Bar
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 10th Sep 17, 4:46 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Just can cancel your TV. If you cancel b/band and phone, you will lose them within 14 days. Suggest you give Sky a call to stop your cancel of phone and b/band.

Never cancel b/band and phone. Find another supplier (like BT, Plusnnet, etc) and transfer your phone and b/band to them. They will then contact Sky to stop your phone and b/band services after they have been transferred to them
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 10th Sep 17, 4:56 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    As above ^^^

Also you'd lose your phone number and possibly end up paying cease or reconnect fees (but that's dependant on who you go with).
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 10th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 1,938 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    katies mum
    Thank you both, Sky have done the cancellation for the phone/BB and the TV on the same day 7th October. Which is when my contract ends.
    • abacab
    • By abacab 10th Sep 17, 6:33 PM
    • 422 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    abacab
    It's worth trying to cancel bb via the website however.
    If you do this you may well get an offer page offering free bb for a year.
    Both myself and a friend have taken this up in the last week thanks to ziggy s tardusts post a few days back.
    If you don't get this page,then don't proceed !
    You can negotiate tv separate as they are treated as 2 seperate things.
    • AmberWH
    • By AmberWH 10th Sep 17, 6:39 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AmberWH
    You only get free BB if you have their phone line.

Have you gone on to MSE Broadband Unbundled? You put in your postcode, choose the plan you want and get the ISPs in price order.

For me the second cheapest (after Sky for new customers only) was EE but when I was ordering it, it mentioned I would lose my phone number. So I stuck with Sky, but when EE phoned to find out why I hadn't proceeded, they said they could have got my phone number retained.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Sep 17, 7:20 PM
    • 8,517 Posts
    • 5,046 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Thank you both, Sky have done the cancellation for the phone/BB and the TV on the same day 7th October. Which is when my contract ends.

Your contract doesn't end until you or they cancel it, thought the minimum term for which you agree to stay may be passed then.

Cancel your phone cancellation but leave the tv to go off,so you get a better offer.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Sep 17, 7:24 PM
    • 8,517 Posts
    • 5,046 Thanks
    teddysmum
    The TV package is separate from the line rental/BB package, you haven't scheduled a cancellation on the LR/BB too I hope?
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Judging by website offers it looks like they are making future tv and line/broadband offers one contract, if taken together eg They offer a tv package and mobile deal at less than the separate prices combined.
    • kthseat
    • By kthseat 12th Sep 17, 9:50 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kthseat
    50% off
    was on full package using skyhd+. Was on 60% off £32 a month, but that was coming to an end and going up to £80!!.

Phoned to cancel and was offered 50% off, but happy to move on try virgin. I logged in to my account and read there was a special offer for 30% off !!!!!

That will be a no!!
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 12th Sep 17, 3:11 PM
    • 1,938 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    katies mum
    Might be a silly question but has anyone ever got a good deal by going into a Sky Shop (there is one in Liverpool) wondering if their deals are the same or are they only interested in brand new customers. Thanks
    • Wonderkamp
    • By Wonderkamp 13th Sep 17, 10:10 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Wonderkamp
    50% off
    Was on 60% off full works package and HD deal £37.99
    That offer expired last month. So rang through and cancelled. Fella offered to cut my package down but I stoutly refused and said I was moving in with my girlfriend so was never much at home.

Cue retentions calling me a couple of times but it was always to inconvenient to talk.

Was due to actually get cut off tomorrow. I rang through to retentions last night, got put through to the "Winback team"(Had to wait an age though as I called at 7.10pm and didn't speak to the final guy at 7.45pm...)

Told him it was no odds whether they could offer me a discount or not as I would go and watch the footy in the pub with the money I saved. Straight away he offered me 50% off on a rolling one month contract (valid for 12 months but which I can cancel at any time). He even told me to call back in 11 months to renegotiate as they won't send a reminder the deal comes to an end. £40 a month for the full works. Didn't bother with Sky Q as I have some saved recordings on my HD box I want to keep.

Was polite, jokey and chatty throughout. I just never gave them the impression that I was desperate to keep Sky.

Hope this helps.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 13th Sep 17, 8:48 PM
    • 8,517 Posts
    • 5,046 Thanks
    teddysmum
    You would probably have done better by letting it go off. Switching back on is instant, unlike broadband and phone.

Before switch off I had fluctuating discount offers of 50% (10 and 12 months) and 60%, but after it was 75 % . I doubt they will offer this again, so it will probably be goodbye in November (even permanently as I can go without luxuries).
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 14th Sep 17, 10:02 AM
    • 506 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Boohoo
    Try em to Jeremy[dot]darroch@bskyb.com.
    Has anybody ever got a reply back from the above email address or had the CEO's office reply or ring you about your complaint.
    Reason is i sent an email to the 7 days ago and have not had a reply or any Sky person call me.
    I have 8 days to go on my current min term and after the overcharging for the last 2 months i will put in my cancel request.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,657Users online

Martin's Twitter