Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 31,357Posts
    • 37,045Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 26
    • Weirdy
    • By Weirdy 14th Apr 17, 5:38 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Weirdy
    Hello, My contract finished a week ago so I went on Sky chat .
    I had Boxsets on my Sky+ box and was offered the 75% deal that I said I'd had through the post (call it artistic license )
    Then asked about adding the sports package and was instantly offered 75% off that too so now paying £16.37 pm
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 14th Apr 17, 7:33 PM
    • 1,225 Posts
    • 458 Thanks
    redmalc
    Well I have finally managed to get the price down from £92 to £50 but it was very hard work
    • croppers123
    • By croppers123 15th Apr 17, 7:34 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    croppers123
    Currently have
    Sky Q 2tb box HD
    Sports variety pack
    Unlimited broadband
    Line rental
    Paying £73.

Could only do £75 f9or 18mths +£10 fee.
    I have 30days cancel notice. I'll wait for online offers to be emailed me or put on the tv.
    Originally posted by croppers123
    received email yesterday and taken the offer this morning for 50% off TV for 12months.

Not had any offers for broadband but I will call them in a few weeks because at present my standard unlimited broadband/landline/line rental is due to go up to £28.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th Apr 17, 8:15 AM
    • 806 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Does the 60% only apply to the tv and not the broadband?
    Originally posted by scotty1971
    Usually. The two are separate contracts and subject to different terms..
    • mondovision
    • By mondovision 16th Apr 17, 12:22 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mondovision
    They are not biting.....
    I cancelled my Sky TV about 10 days ago and have not received any offers to stay with them. Is this normal?

I tried to get a deal over the phone and through chat but they wouldn't budge off 10% with Sky Q and my current variety package.

I tried clicking on offers through the website and the sky app but it keeps saying my offers are not available and need to call them up.
    Is this normal too?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    • jblessing
    • By jblessing 16th Apr 17, 1:41 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    jblessing
    I cancelled 28 Mar. Usual crap offers from the sales rep. For the last week or so, the offer on the sky tv services menu was 60% discount for 12 months with a new 12 month contract. Went onto online chat (if you are logged in, online chat will direct you to call them, so log out). Eventually got the "sky expert" to agree to 60% off for 12 months, no new contract and £50 credit. Which I accepted.

Edit: I was on the Variety pack, so I got it for equivalent of £8.63 a month
    Last edited by jblessing; 16-04-2017 at 1:44 PM. Reason: added package detailsl
    • mondovision
    • By mondovision 17th Apr 17, 3:15 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mondovision
    Sounds like you got a good deal there. There is hope for me yet? Will give that a try, cheers...
    • mondovision
    • By mondovision 17th Apr 17, 3:17 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mondovision
    Did you get Sky Q? I wanted to try and get it as my box is years n years old now.
    • tracynikol
    • By tracynikol 18th Apr 17, 12:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    tracynikol
    Sky contracts what is slamming
    has anyone had an issue with sky concerning new contracts 2 weeks ago I received an email saying i had entered a new contract for my sky phone/internet....I called and I disputed it and they claimed I had agreed via the Sky box I had not even been on sky services via my box ...total lie...I managed to stop the renewal they were trying to tie me into another 12 months...wind forward 2 weeks 2am in morning I receive an email claiming on bank holiday Monday at 1pm I had gone on the internet and agreed to an 18 month what really odd is I was not even around a computer at 1pm ....So today Tuesday I called them and again they claim I did it but via my computer on my account again was not even around computer at 1pm yesterday or even at home... speaking to someone they called it slamming can someone explain this to me? and also has anyone else had this issue ....Since January the have over charged added sky multi room when I own just one box was charged for 3 months there mistake also..
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 19th Apr 17, 12:17 AM
    • 2,506 Posts
    • 18,274 Thanks
    mije1983
    Is there anyone else in the house that could have done it? Kids not understanding what they are doing etc?

• Ajmal92
    • By Ajmal92 19th Apr 17, 10:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ajmal92
    Cancelled my TV package in March which shows my package at the time:
    Current package (including other services)
    - TV Variety Bundle package £28.95pm
    - Unlimited BB £10pm
    - Sky Line Rental £18.99pm
    - Sky Evening/Weekend Calls £4pm
    - Sky plus HD box (7.5 number of years old)
    Total monthly cost £63.95pm exclusing call charges. With Call Charges outside allowance £70pm.

At first the best they (cancellations) could do was £49.79 on 18 months for the variety deal we had above so included variety, Unl BB/Line R. Sky Anytime Call. I talked it over with my wife and decided we would cancel as saving only works out at just under 28% off everything for 18 months.

I called back saying that it's simply too much money, and explained the deal was not good enough and that we wanted to leave they obviously said they would see what they could do asked "What's the very best that you can do". politely. I was offered can take it down to £45.79 for same length 18 months for £45.79 but for E/W calls instead. Or can drop to Orig package, Unl BB/LR and Anytime at £38.99pm.

New Package (would be):
    - Variety Bundle: £16.55pm from £28.95
    - Unlimited BB: £5.00pm from £10pm
    - Sky Line Rental: £18.99pm (No change)
    Sky Voicemail: £1.25pm (No idea why they charge for this)
    - Sky Talk Anytime: £8pm from £4 E/W calls
    Total Cost of Package: £49.79pm.

Both people spoke to were quite adamant that's very best can offer very little maneuver. Said no thank you, and would like to proceed with cancellation.

Anyway long story short, went on live chat day before I was due to be cut off for services. After an hour speaking to the live chat agent managed to haggle down the cost of the TV package was initially offered 50% off TV for 12 months but stated that "a family friend was given 60% off plus a £100 credit on first bill and I would like the same please?" Came back with the offer but £50 credit which means free TV for 4 months.

Sorted out BB/Line Rental later and got half price broadband, with half price line rental and a new router for free as well. So now paying:

- TV Variety Package: £11.80 (with Discounts)
    - Unlimited BB: Half Price for 12 months: £5.00
    - Line Rental: Half Price for 12 mnths.
    - Sky E&W Extra: £4.
    Total Cost: £32.49pm from £70+

But got 4 months credit on TV Package so works out about £12.80 for a while.
    • mstar
    • By mstar 19th Apr 17, 10:50 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    mstar
    Leaving Sky they offered me a deal
    Hello All,

i have just enquired about cancelling my sky services as the costs where getting to high for me and i was thinking switching with virgin. I wanted to cancel and get those 50% off deals but unfortunately i have 3 months to go on my TV services.

I was persistent in cancelling due to cost reasons to a sky cancellations person, but they gave me this offer below I am currently paying £51.69 old sky box hd, old router.

Fibre optic (unlimited 38mb)
    free Sky Q 2tb
    free Sky mini box
    multiroom £12

all together £80 per month keeping my existing sky packages.

(+ cost of installation $60)
    What do you think as a offer as my tv services still 3 months away from contract end.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 19th Apr 17, 11:26 PM
    • 2,506 Posts
    • 18,274 Thanks
    mije1983
    You haven't mentioned your existing package so can't tell if the deal is good or not.

• mstar
    • By mstar 20th Apr 17, 8:17 AM
    • 269 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    mstar
    For TV i have the BoxSets bundle (350 Sky Box Sets plus over 50 channels in HD).
    and Unlimited broadband and phone. bread down below

Box Sets £38.00
    Viewing Subscription Discounted - £9.50

Sky Broadband Unlimited £10.00
    Broadband Subscription Discounted - £2.00

Sky Talk Line Rental £18.99
    Sky Talk Line Rental Discounted - £3.80

Total = 51.69
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 20th Apr 17, 8:33 AM
    • 4,356 Posts
    • 1,773 Thanks
    brewerdave
    For TV i have the BoxSets bundle (350 Sky Box Sets plus over 50 channels in HD).
    and Unlimited broadband and phone. bread down below

Box Sets £38.00
    Viewing Subscription Discounted - £9.50

Sky Broadband Unlimited £10.00
    Broadband Subscription Discounted - £2.00

Sky Talk Line Rental £18.99
    Sky Talk Line Rental Discounted - £3.80

Total = 51.69
    Originally posted by mstar
    I'm confused - your first post says that £51.69 pm is too much ...yet you are asking if ~ £80 pm is a good deal ????
    Why not wait until you are out of min. term THEN negotiate ??
    • Marcus-H
    • By Marcus-H 20th Apr 17, 10:51 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Marcus-H
    you have 3 months to go.. dont accept the 1st offer.
    you wont get teh best deal until you cancel.
    Not when your threatening to cancel.
    So around 30 days notice period, make sure your account is marked for cancellation. Then wait for sky to call you to make an offer.
    Consider just keeping the TV element & take your broadband & phone elsewhere if it works out cheaper
    • Marcus-H
    • By Marcus-H 20th Apr 17, 10:53 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Marcus-H
    has anyone had an issue with sky concerning new contracts 2 weeks ago I received an email saying i had entered a new contract for my sky phone/internet....I called and I disputed it and they claimed I had agreed via the Sky box I had not even been on sky services via my box ...total lie...I managed to stop the renewal they were trying to tie me into another 12 months...wind forward 2 weeks 2am in morning I receive an email claiming on bank holiday Monday at 1pm I had gone on the internet and agreed to an 18 month what really odd is I was not even around a computer at 1pm ....So today Tuesday I called them and again they claim I did it but via my computer on my account again was not even around computer at 1pm yesterday or even at home... speaking to someone they called it slamming can someone explain this to me? and also has anyone else had this issue ....Since January the have over charged added sky multi room when I own just one box was charged for 3 months there mistake also..
    Originally posted by tracynikol
    erm, I think you better change your sky login password promptly!
    • mstar
    • By mstar 20th Apr 17, 12:22 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    mstar
    thanks problem is i had major work done downstairs when i moved into this new house. So i had sky connected in the bedroom. Now i have 2 rooms with new tv's which have no sky tv downstairs. I could get a local guy to put it downstairs or go virgin route which seems attractive because of price. Hence why i called Sky to explore cancelling (hope they give me a good offer). Unfortunately my TV has still 3 months to go but broadband and phone are up.

Wife and kids are annoyed no tv lol
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 20th Apr 17, 4:00 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    ratechaser
    OK, job done for me for another 18 months.

Was paying £79/month for full TV package (movies/sports/HD) plus 3 multi rooms.

Switched to Q - 2TB box plus 3 miniboxes - now down to £55/month plus £60 install fee.

I suspect I could have held out for a bit more given that this is 'only' a 50% base discount, but I took the bird in the hand, as it's still £24 less a month than I'm currently on. Happy enough, and means I've lopped about £90 off my monthly costs across Sky/Virgin/BT Sport/Vodafone in the last week
    • mstar
    • By mstar 20th Apr 17, 10:07 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    mstar
    good job ratechaser!!! well done. I take it you was out of contract?

I didn't get a good offer but i will try again. As for £50 per month
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,710Posts Today

6,984Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin