• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yay to the £1000 payout Louby, great news for a Monday xx
    Mummytogirls x

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well it's the last day of January and today will be the 17th day I haven't spent anything. I've had to work at it and think ahead to make sure I buy extra bits all in one go (e.g birthday cards, etc)

2017 is looking pretty good financially so far. I'm amazed at how my mindset has changed.
  • louby40
    Spend day as need to nip to the supermarket on my way to my spin class.

So strange seeing £0 against my credit cards on my banking app. I owe my parents £1525 and then that's it. (Apart from car loan/mortgage)

My new kitchen and bathroom are in sight! I cannot wait! My kitchen is awful - cupboard doors hanging off, kickboards lose and a massive hole in my ceiling from my flood last summer. I have no enthusiasm for my house as it's so tatty - I'm going to have to get a loan but I aim to have some savings behind me before I do!
  • mummytogirls
    New kitchen and bathroom sound nice Louby!! Heres to saving xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Just caught up with your diary Louby. It all sounds amazing. I bet you can't wait until you pay the final sum to your parents and it's just the other essentials left.

Look forward to reading more of your diary!
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • louby40
    Thanks everyone.

2 years today I sold my house, at that point I was massively in debt - big mortgage, credit cards and money to my parents. My house took 13 months to sell and my ex stopped paying the mortgage half way through. I took in lodgers to cover his half of the mortgage. It was a scary time.

Now, I'm so much better off. Life is good!
  • Aw I'm soooo happy for you Louby. Such a great feeling of relief and it's wonderful being able to look forward to luxuries such as new kitchens. You should be really proud of yourself and I'm sure the lessons learned with stick with you for a long time.
  • louby40
    Woke up yesterday feeling rotten! I don't have many colds - 25 years working with kids sees me immune to most bugs but I've obviously caught something off one of the little treasures.

We had a takeaway last night (OH's treat ) and he'd bought one of those massive magnum bottles of Prosecco (it's my birthday on Monday). We'd got no kids so had a really nice evening, watched a film ( he fell asleep as usual)

Slept awful but managed to get up and do some washing, cleaning and food shop. Sorted my eldest sons bed out as a new one was delivered yesterday and tried some paint samples on his walls. His room is desperate for decoration and new carpet.

We were going to go and look at kitchens at Howdens this afternoon but OH has gone to the pub to meet a friend whose over from Holland, then the football will be on so I'll have to just amuse myself - easily done!

Feeling a bit better this afternoon- nice to have the house to myself for a change!
  • mummytogirls
    Hope you're not feeling too rotten with the cold Louby xx
    Mummytogirls x

• You have my sympathy...had a bad cough and cold myself recently after children in my class had been coughing and spluttering everywhere...an occupational hazard!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills