Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,759Posts
    • 34,009Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 4009
    • aau1
    • By aau1 19th May 17, 12:48 PM
    • 18,646 Posts
    • 322,126 Thanks
    aau1
    I take your point aau....however what is the purpose of a promotion if it is not to generate additional sales of a product....and when a product is on offer or promotion that is an ideal time to stock up....no fraud or abuse intended....which is why in one of my other posts I referred to "personal consumption"

To try to use the umbrella term of "abuse" might fly in the face of the implication of a promotion or offer....

To my knowledge it's A that set the perimeters of how an APG is calculated,not me so again if they want to use inconsistent data then they run the risk of upsetting many many customers in refusing to accept APG's
    Its not just glitch shoppers who use the APG system....many other shoppers do to and whilst they may wish to target glitch shoppers they face upsetting a huge amount of genuine shoppers in the process.
    again just my thoughts and not meant to challenge you or the terms and conditions
    Originally posted by LEJC
    They don't need to use the umbrella term of abuse. They can (rightly) use the umbrella term of them being incorrectly calculated
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 19th May 17, 12:57 PM
    • 8,570 Posts
    • 53,917 Thanks
    LEJC
    But my point is...I have no control over how they set the perimeters when calculating an APG...
    BUT I would expect them to do it in a correct and diligent way.

There are only so many times you can use the excuse of "we wrongly calculated"...before it wears thin...at that point it should be we need to fix the calculation.
    The onus is on them to fix forward rather than repeatedly refuse.

Without making this too personal aau..I believe you do something with numbers and have exams to prove your capabilities....so you may appreciate what good is a bad accountant.
    A computer system is only as good as it's programmer
    Last edited by LEJC; 19-05-2017 at 12:59 PM.
    frugal October...45.59 of 40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan 41.60/40
    Feb 54.58/40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar 37.02/40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 62 out 77 in ...13.96 spend
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 19th May 17, 12:59 PM
    • 17,866 Posts
    • 190,825 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Do you know if they sell these online? I was looking for some too, but don't have a large T unless I make a special trip.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    https://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?catId=4294967294&searchquery=Ladies+t rainers&SrchId=4294967294

I got the neon coral ones, they are not actually lace up and the tongue is not separate. Most of the trainers they have looked to have a good arch in them but I only tried on those ones and the bubble mesh ones.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • aau1
    • By aau1 19th May 17, 1:02 PM
    • 18,646 Posts
    • 322,126 Thanks
    aau1
    But my point is...I have no control over how they set the perimeters when calculating an APG...
    BUT I would expect them to do it in a correct and diligent way.

There are only so many times you can use the excuse of "we wrongly calculated"...before it wears thin...at that point it should be we need to fix the calculation.
    The onus is on them to fix forward rather than repeatedly refuse.

Without making this too personal aau..I believe you do something with numbers and have exams to prove your capabilities....so you may appreciate what good is a bad accountant.
    A computer system is only as good as it's programmer
    I agree with everything you are saying

My point is to be mindful of the fact that if you ask them to show you a point in the T&Cs they may very well just show you that exact point
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 19th May 17, 1:07 PM
    • 8,570 Posts
    • 53,917 Thanks
    LEJC
    To which they will get the response I've given you....I still believe that the terms and conditions are not explicit.....

The term and condition that you originally quoted actually has so many inconsistencies in I doubt it would stand up if challenged correctly...

even the term...we may rather than we will....is totally up for discussion but thats for another day I feel,as the sun is shining and I want to go out and play!

Always happy to challenge,I am on a good day!
    Last edited by LEJC; 19-05-2017 at 1:16 PM.
    Jan 41.60/40
    May
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 19th May 17, 1:07 PM
    • 324 Posts
    • 4,459 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    Fred...you are one of thousands of customers through their store today....front them out.
    What gives them he right to challenge your shopping habits over any other customers....

They enticed you with a good promotion which you took advantage of stocking up for personal consumption over the next few months

they offered the service of an apg checker....you checked and they allowed you to print an apg

They are now obliged to allow you to spend it or show you explicitly in the APG terms where it says you cant.
    Thanks LEJC, pats accepted, no problem inc one for 21. 8 page between 13 & 19 too, very nice sa! Some more hopefully generated too......
    On the other hand they wouldn't take the Walkers vouchers as "there have been a lot of forgeries". I pointed out the numbers were different but no joy. Not a problem as I have a 'few' and can use at T or W.
    Drizzling with rain but have seen 4 separate middle aged men in shorts and t shirts, why?
    Have a great day everyone, will post results later.

ChelseaFred😋
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 19th May 17, 1:10 PM
    • 4,116 Posts
    • 81,682 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Lidl weekend offers for 27th & 28th May

Yet more wine
    Cotes de Gascogne 75 cls 2.99

Syrah Grenache Rose 75 cls 2.99

Lumpwood Charcoal 4 x 1kg 2.49

Deluxe 6 Pork Sausages (400g) or 10 Pork Chipolatas (375g) 99p
    N1LDA
    • aau1
    • By aau1 19th May 17, 1:10 PM
    • 18,646 Posts
    • 322,126 Thanks
    aau1
    Thanks LEJC, pats accepted, no problem inc one for 21. 8 page between 13 & 19 too, very nice sa! Some more hopefully generated too......
    On the other hand they wouldn't take the Walkers vouchers as "there have been a lot of forgeries". I pointed out the numbers were different but no joy. Not a problem as I have a 'few' and can use at T or W.
    Drizzling with rain but have seen 4 separate middle aged men in shorts and t shirts, why?

ChelseaFred😋
    Originally posted by ChelseaFred
    I would get onto HO with a complaint

They are selling the promo packs so they should honour them. Particularly because their website says they will take internet coupons
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 19th May 17, 1:14 PM
    • 4,116 Posts
    • 81,682 Thanks
    izzeyb

ChelseaFred😋
    Originally posted by ChelseaFred

I have just tried checking a long womble and my own JF shop. APG saying not enough items, hope system is just playing up
    N1LDA
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 19th May 17, 1:16 PM
    • 2,163 Posts
    • 24,295 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    oh dear

we done 2 shops this morning for items that I actually wanted.
    shop 1 had 6 x tresseme shampoo and conditioner, wands, wham,eggs,prawn crackers, + 2 morw 10p sweets

shop 2 had 6x john frieda 3 x lynx wands, whams, + couple of 10p sweets.
    system saying not enough items

we had 15 different items so what has happened?
    we did pay cash as well as an apg.

so is it because we would have generated another apg or have they counted all the 342 items as 1

I wasn't locked in and is was incognito when checking apg, shops done just before 10 this morning

any ideas.
    Last edited by HILLBERN; 19-05-2017 at 1:37 PM.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 19th May 17, 1:17 PM
    • 8,570 Posts
    • 53,917 Thanks
    LEJC
    I would get onto HO with a complaint

They are selling the promo packs so they should honour them. Particularly because their website says they will take internet coupons
    Originally posted by aau1
    he typed my exact response....Fred.
    Jan 41.60/40
    May
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 19th May 17, 1:18 PM
    • 2,163 Posts
    • 24,295 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Here's my Right Gaurd shop v S. Thought it may be useful for the fillers.

9 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison
    A v S
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Fresh 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) 2.00 1.50
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.08 0.08
    1x Right Guard Total Defence 5 Cool 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) 2.00 1.50
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Clean 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) 2.00 1.50
    1x Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire Tea Bedtime Brew Tea Bags (100g) 2.00 N/A
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Original 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) 2.00 1.50
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 N/A
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.09 0.09
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 0.35 0.25
    2x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Sport 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) 4.00 3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 12.52 9.42

Cost 10.62 (had 8.74 APG from Sharpies) - returned an APG 4.05, 2 from Shopmium for teabags.
    Originally posted by Lima-India
    was this a shop from today?
    • sirbaksiu
    • By sirbaksiu 19th May 17, 1:22 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    sirbaksiu
    My shop with right guard from 10am shows not enough items as well. Hope the system is playing up. Wasnt logged in either
    • locarr
    • By locarr 19th May 17, 1:23 PM
    • 7,696 Posts
    • 137,367 Thanks
    locarr
    75 Amazon / M&S / Argos Voucher if you buy 4.00 SunLife Life Insurance!
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/75-amazon-m-s-argos-voucher-buy-4-sunlife-life-insurance-2594951
    Originally posted by bubbs

Thanks Bubbs, just got my 75 Argos voucher
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • aau1
    • By aau1 19th May 17, 1:23 PM
    • 18,646 Posts
    • 322,126 Thanks
    aau1
    oh dear

shop 1 had 6 x tresseme shampoo and conditioner, wands, wham,eggs,prawn crackers, + 2 morw 10p sweets

system saying not enough items

so is it because we would have generated another apg or have they counted all the 342 items as 1

I wasn't locked in and is was incognito when checking apg, shops done just before 10 this morning

any ideas.
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    You haven't actually said what the problem was but assuming it says "not enough items to compare" I would just hold onto the receipt and try again later

That error sometimes pops up and then goes away
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 19th May 17, 1:23 PM
    • 4,116 Posts
    • 81,682 Thanks
    izzeyb
    oh dear

any ideas.
    Originally posted by HILLBERN

The womble I found had lots of items and no 3 for 2, but still says not enough items.

There have been posts on here a while back about system saying not enough items, and it righted itself later in the day. Fingers crossed
    N1LDA
    • aau1
    • By aau1 19th May 17, 1:25 PM
    • 18,646 Posts
    • 322,126 Thanks
    aau1
    Thanks Bubbs, just got my 75 Argos voucher
    Originally posted by locarr
    Not bad for a deal that is currently MINUS 152 degrees on HUKD
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 19th May 17, 1:30 PM
    • 2,163 Posts
    • 24,295 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    You haven't actually said what the problem was but assuming it says "not enough items to compare" I would just hold onto the receipt and try again later

That error sometimes pops up and then goes away
    Originally posted by aau1

I have now edited my original post...

thanks for your reply

lets hope its a blip with the system
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 19th May 17, 1:31 PM
    • 1,536 Posts
    • 16,946 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Pag 3 4 2
    My C&C today matched the deal. did initially say technical problems..

An in store today had "insufficient items" even though 11 bought. Looks like an issue with the site, as Cpl, Jones would say "DON'T PANIC, DON'T PANIC!!"
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 19th May 17, 1:31 PM
    • 2,163 Posts
    • 24,295 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    The womble I found had lots of items and no 3 for 2, but still says not enough items.

There have been posts on here a while back about system saying not enough items, and it righted itself later in the day. Fingers crossed
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    yes fingers crossed x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,742Posts Today

8,199Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin