Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,186Posts
    • 34,892Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 4006
    • gocat
    • By gocat 18th May 17, 11:58 PM
    • 4,849 Posts
    • 53,732 Thanks
    gocat
    Looking forward to having whiter teeth

A vs M

1x ASDA Cider Vinegar (350ml)
    £1.20
    £0.80
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Pears (500g)
    £0.81
    N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Apple Selection (6pk)
    £1.40
    N/A
    1x ASDA Extra Special Lancashire Lamb Hot Pot (400g)
    £3.00
    N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Orange (each)
    £0.30
    N/A
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg)
    £0.12
    £0.11
    1x ASDA Pickled Baby Beetroot (440g)
    £0.67
    N/A
    1x ASDA Pickled Onions (440g)
    £0.85
    £0.85
    3x Oral-B 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Toothpaste (75ml)
    £9.00
    £7.50
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lemon (each)
    £0.30
    £0.31
    1x ASDA Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese (500g)
    £2.50
    N/A
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 19th May 17, 12:01 AM
    • 14,395 Posts
    • 242,793 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Thanks tweets re Oral B

Had to walk back to Ts tonight as I found earlier I had mislaid my shopping bag & had to pay for a bag at lunchtime.
    The bag wasn't at home, so I retraced my walk hoping to find it - zilch
    Whilst in Ts I asked at CS if it had been handed in but again nothing I just hope someone will be using it instead

Anyway still huge display stand full of the 50p Walkers - no SEL, had informed friends, so I gathered up several more & then thought I see if the reductions had been done...
    Cookies, pastries, avocados, grapes & bread.
    Went to SS & of course no bag again had to buy a bag

shame on me 2 bags bought this year
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 19th May 17, 12:03 AM
    • 14,395 Posts
    • 242,793 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning
    Must go to sleep
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• aau1
    • By aau1 19th May 17, 12:08 AM
    • 18,799 Posts
    • 323,596 Thanks
    aau1
    Where is:

A1 1AA ?

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I'm here

I think your autocorrect is playing up though
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 19th May 17, 12:25 AM
    • 14,754 Posts
    • 126,037 Thanks
    zagubov
    Nice one zag - and one of my favourites back at ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W4LvJ2tdvk
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    'Tis a good one that one!
    Anyone remember this crazy remix from a few years back?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjKvcwNcN2w
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 19th May 17, 12:34 AM
    • 13,596 Posts
    • 141,088 Thanks
    3Dogs
    'Tis a good one that one!
    Anyone remember this crazy remix from a few years back?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjKvcwNcN2w
    Originally posted by zagubov
    Nope - one of the few types of music I don't like

More my style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5daIvoqAjdw
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 13/16
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 19th May 17, 12:38 AM
    • 13,596 Posts
    • 141,088 Thanks
    3Dogs
    And another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opkzgLMH5MA
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 13/16
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 19th May 17, 4:23 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 4,190 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Thank you so much for your good wishes, I am completely overwhelmed and "welled-up". I may not have been able to ring my bell at the chemotherapy unit, but you beautiful people have more than made up for it by a long way, and I shall always remember it

So much for getting a restful night. My little girl dog started to go into labour when I got back from chemotherapy.
    She has been having strong contractions, but still at stage 1 - the panting and nest-building stage in her whelping box.
    The problem is she won't settle without me holding her paw, as soon as I let go she whines and gets up.
    So I'm spending the night on the sofa next to her. She needs me and won't understand if I leave her.
    What timing!
    Thank you all once again for your kind words. May peace and love be abundant in your lives x
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 19th May 17, 5:42 AM
    • 2,242 Posts
    • 23,935 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning on this bright and beautiful day.......My last days work....Well it is Friday............No work for at least two weeks...I think.....but watch this space.......

Plenty to get on with in the garden....Gotta lot of catching up to do.......

Hope you are all sleeping still....but....if not....A nice hot cuppa awaits you....Served with a smile as always........

Tataaa for now....A bit of housework to do before work begins....See you all laters..
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 19th May 17, 6:36 AM
    • 15,041 Posts
    • 182,814 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Thank you so much for your good wishes, I am completely overwhelmed and "welled-up". I may not have been able to ring my bell at the chemotherapy unit, but you beautiful people have more than made up for it by a long way, and I shall always remember it

So much for getting a restful night. My little girl dog started to go into labour when I got back from chemotherapy.
    She has been having strong contractions, but still at stage 1 - the panting and nest-building stage in her whelping box.
    The problem is she won't settle without me holding her paw, as soon as I let go she whines and gets up.
    So I'm spending the night on the sofa next to her. She needs me and won't understand if I leave her.
    What timing!
    Thank you all once again for your kind words. May peace and love be abundant in your lives x
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    JTS - you can ring our bells! Good luck

annoying our kids is one of the few things that makes it all worthwhile ...

Eldest son asked me to bring a tupperware box which it turned out he wanted to use for lunch sandwiches - bare in mind that I have offered him numerous other much more valuable useful items, all refused. I could take a fence .....

instead I have amused myself for hours by sending him pictures of tupperware boxes in various colours and designs and sizes with comments on their various merits
    Originally posted by mhoc
    OMG that is fantastic - I am going to adopt this approach.....to all three boys and see who complains first!

Just sent them all a photo of my big toe!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 19th May 17, 6:36 AM
    • 15,041 Posts
    • 182,814 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Suited and booted and off to work x

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 19th May 17, 6:43 AM
    • 3,309 Posts
    • 30,906 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning.
    JTS at least you had your steroids to help keep you awake good luck with the Labour, I hope its quick for her. I remember our neighbours husky having pups, she had 10 andvthey sold them for 1k each that was profitable but hard work.
    We're offvto see the Kaiser Chiefs tonight so I'm praying for no rain
    Snap, glad your sister is enjoying her holiday.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 19th May 17, 7:26 AM
    • 3,679 Posts
    • 47,689 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Thought of you Anon when I went to pick up a parcel from local post office for our Poppy . Normally its same 2 woman behind counter and they just hand me parcels. This time was a new lady she asked if I was Poppy and when I said yes wanted proof so I showed her Tesco card and email and signed for parcel P surname
    Originally posted by tweets
    You are organised
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 19th May 17, 7:40 AM
    • 5,533 Posts
    • 67,901 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 19th May 17, 7:45 AM
    • 5,050 Posts
    • 52,381 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

• mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 19th May 17, 7:46 AM
    • 3,679 Posts
    • 47,689 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

JTS lovely words you made me well up Thanks too, to Di for sharing her experience with us all I am sure we are all humbled by their strength through this journey

Snap lovely news on your sister

It seems wrong to post about shopping in the same post so just saying thanks to all the testers etc

I have a few sun tesco codes going in my recycling Shame
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th May 17, 8:04 AM
    • 28,616 Posts
    • 410,241 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

JTS good luck to your doggy

Can we have a pic of the mummy with her puppies please ?

DS got move in date for house he going to be renting with GF date is 2nd June
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 19th May 17, 8:21 AM
    • 18,547 Posts
    • 196,005 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, cloudy but fine here.

JTS, how's doggy doing? Hope you managed to get some rest xx

Might have to pop down Ts today for some new trainers, as there appears to be 25% off clothes for the next 3 days.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 19th May 17, 8:27 AM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,817 Thanks
    curl girl
    Morning peeps.

Good luck to JTS what a positive attitude and how kind to put your dog's needs before your own. X

Puppy as well as Poppy pics would be lovely.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 19th May 17, 8:29 AM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,817 Thanks
    curl girl
    Good morning all.
    Might have to pop down Ts today for some new trainers, as there appears to be 25% off clothes for the next 3 days.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Thanks very tempting.
    Plus the 25% off 6 bottles of wine.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,303Posts Today

6,387Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin