Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,023Posts
    • 34,651Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 4002
    • magda1959
    • By magda1959 18th May 17, 5:49 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    magda1959
    Toothbrush heads
    Please can I ask SnapAnt which shop he found the packs of 8 toothbrush heads in as I need some.Thanks
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 18th May 17, 5:49 PM
    • 280 Posts
    • 3,787 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    JTS I'm delighted for you. I hope the nausea isn't too bad. Well done you, I hope they found you a bell to ring. See you in five days when you're back in the land of the living.
    Seriously well done.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Thank you everyone
    I'm so glad to be home now - very tired from the Piriton.
    No bell to ring, grumpy lot
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 5:51 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Anyone got any ideas where Dawn and a friend could stay for two nights when they go to this V festival in August please
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Weston?
    Are they driving there?

A good place to start looking would be airbandb

Stafford station is amusing that weekend as everyone is walking around in waterproofs with wellies covered in plastic bags held on with rubber bands
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 5:52 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thank you everyone
    I'm so glad to be home now - very tired from the Piriton.
    No bell to ring, grumpy lot
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    well done - a long hard fought battle
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th May 17, 5:53 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just passing by for now.....I need to eat

Well done JTS

I couldn't resist a bit of eye candy bell ringing......one for the ladies

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th May 17, 5:57 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    And one for the men

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 18th May 17, 5:58 PM
    • 28,413 Posts
    • 408,734 Thanks
    tweets
    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/car-hits-pedestrians-in-new-yorks-times-square/ar-BBBgTc0?ocid=spartanntp

Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 18th May 17, 5:59 PM
    • 28,413 Posts
    • 408,734 Thanks
    tweets
    Please can I ask SnapAnt which shop he found the packs of 8 toothbrush heads in as I need some.Thanks
    Originally posted by magda1959
    She found them in a Mr T
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 18th May 17, 6:00 PM
    • 28,413 Posts
    • 408,734 Thanks
    tweets

Originally posted by Serendipitious

Just what I was thinking
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 18th May 17, 6:09 PM
    • 9,546 Posts
    • 107,650 Thanks
    emerald21

Originally posted by Serendipitious

She s done that before now Seren but prefers having a proper bed
    nowadays.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 18th May 17, 6:11 PM
    • 9,546 Posts
    • 107,650 Thanks
    emerald21
    Weston?
    Are they driving there?

A good place to start looking would be airbandb

Stafford station is amusing that weekend as everyone is walking around in waterproofs with wellies covered in plastic bags held on with rubber bands
    Originally posted by mhoc
    She mentioned Telford, Wolverhampton or Cannock
    • tweets
    • By tweets 18th May 17, 6:15 PM
    • 28,413 Posts
    • 408,734 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Evening

Sat at the terminus on candycrush

Congratulations JTS
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 6:16 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Well I have to thank the Elite persons who encouraged me to take the bull by the horns and actually go through to cancellation with sky

After seeing the half price offer for TV on line this morning I rang again (free phone number so I was quite happy to keep trying)
    Firstly you get connected to nice CS on the sub continent so I asked to be put through to the retentions team but the chap said I needed the welcome back team
    When I was put through I did it all by the book this time, wrote down the name of the person who I was talking to and made sure he was in the right department.

I said we were going through cancellation and if there were any offers I could have. He gave me a figure, only slightly more than this years so we agreed. He read the terms and conditions, I asked about the monthly direct debit amounts and added them to the calendar.
    I logged onto My Sky as he applied the deals so I could see thst everything was correct - last year it took 2 additional attempts to get the bill adjusted so I had 2 lots of credit which more or less paid for 2 months.
    He also read out the notes applied to the account.
    So we now have half price TV, half price unlimited fibre and full price line rental and our bill is down to £47.11 - a saving of nearly £30 on the original price increase

And on the sky TV frontage I logged onto My Sky this morning to see what offers there were and it now says 50% off sky TV
    So I am wondering now if its worth another call to see what else they might offer me for the fibre/line rental bit

This only brings me down to what I was offered on the first call so its not that much of an improvement
    Originally posted by mhoc
    • magda1959
    • By magda1959 18th May 17, 6:31 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    magda1959
    Many thanks Tweets for the reply,will look in Tesco next time I'min there.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th May 17, 6:32 PM
    • 4,292 Posts
    • 83,649 Thanks
    izzeyb
    You caught me during the two seconds that I was here in the last week. I will go now - don't want to ruin one of the biggest glitches of all that, typically, is here whenever I am not. Just been doing other things for the past week (typically).

EDIT: Good morning afternoon btw.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer

Glad you are okay savvy, was worried you might have been abducted by aliens ... or worse still, Morrisons
    • Anon
    • By Anon 18th May 17, 6:41 PM
    • 11,911 Posts
    • 130,830 Thanks
    Anon
    Hello Can some please help me I want to do a glichey shop but i have reached my 100 limit is there way around this. And can I use my card or shall pay cash when i shop please someone help me.
    Originally posted by Dax1978
    You and many others ...

I keep my home delivery/C&C separate (and limited to online shops) as that has my credit card etc linked. "Family members" have accounts too and (their accounts) helpfully process any instore receipts - they didn't enter their address, as they tell me it wasn't requested during the sign up to A (which you need to do to process APGs), so their account is not linked to any address that may have other family members with accounts.

Did you know that some online registration systems do not require full address details, so if you were registering for A website entering letter number (number), number letter letter (any combination) will be accepted by the form, it may just give some message about not delivering to that address and then just ask you to enter an email and choose a password ... no other details then required ...

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 18-05-2017 at 7:02 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th May 17, 6:54 PM
    • 49,502 Posts
    • 573,544 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Sorry cant cant catch up eyes still not right but heres my shop
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Fresh 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    0.08x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.06 £0.06
    3x Right Guard Total Defence 5 Cool 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £6.00 £4.50
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.08 £0.07
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    2x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Sport 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £4.00 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £12.34 £9.33
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 2 lb week 20
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 18th May 17, 6:57 PM
    • 1,725 Posts
    • 18,837 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    gillette razor confirmation
    from a shop today v Tosser
    6x Gillette Mach 3 Disposable 5 Razors (5pk)
    £42.00 £30.00
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 18th May 17, 6:57 PM
    • 4,790 Posts
    • 50,255 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    She s done that before now Seren but prefers having a proper bed
    nowadays.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Travelodge would work out reasonably between 3.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 48.15

• Anon
    • By Anon 18th May 17, 7:00 PM
    • 11,911 Posts
    • 130,830 Thanks
    Anon
    I am sure people know you can register more than one Gmail account (other free email account providers are available ...).

Gmail also has the benefit that one account can give you many email address opportunities linked to the same incoming email address.

So:

anonymous@gmail.com
    as your main address means you can use:

anonymous@gmail.com
    a.nonymous@gmail.com
    an.onymous@gmail.com
    ano.nymous@gmail.com
    etc

by inserting a full stop anywhere in the name before @ (or indeed more than one . if you needed to).

AND
    anonymous@googlemail.com
    a.nonymous@googlemail.com
    an.onymous@googlemail.com
    ano.nymous@googlemail.com
    etc

as @gmail.com and @googlemail.com also go to the same place .

Most systems see these all as different email addresses, even though an email sent to any of the above will all go to the same email inbox .

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 18-05-2017 at 7:04 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

230Posts Today

1,208Users online

Martin's Twitter