Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,186Posts
    • 34,893Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3999
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 18th May 17, 11:23 AM
    • 2,216 Posts
    • 29,645 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    That's lovely xxlouisexx belated Happy First Wedding Anniversary. Did you get traditional presents of "Paper"?
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Just cards

My husband bought home a lovely bunch of lilies yesterday. He left for a work trip this morning so it'll be nice to look at those whilst he's away

We're having our belated honeymoon in a couple of weeks (we've got young children so hard to get babysitters for a week!)
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 11:25 AM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    And on the sky TV frontage I logged onto My Sky this morning to see what offers there were and it now says 50% off sky TV
    So I am wondering now if its worth another call to see what else they might offer me for the fibre/line rental bit

This only brings me down to what I was offered on the first call so its not that much of an improvement
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • ROCKINGHAM
    • By ROCKINGHAM 18th May 17, 11:46 AM
    • 904 Posts
    • 8,819 Thanks
    ROCKINGHAM
    Morning all - Happy Anniversary xxloiuse 🍾 Shame hubby is away but I'm sure you will make up for that upon his return

A little bit drier here today TG still no denying the garden needed it. Have to take DS up to hospital for physiology appointment early this morning - felt very anxious again but once there chatting to the staff forgot about it. .

Like others Sunlife sent me my M & S card this morning - so will go nicely with 20% off offer.

Have a good day Everyone xx
    • Savvysiobhannumber3?
    • By Savvysiobhannumber3? 18th May 17, 11:48 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    Savvysiobhannumber3?
    Thank you juju
    • juju17
    • By juju17 18th May 17, 12:18 PM
    • 982 Posts
    • 12,073 Thanks
    juju17
    Oh you are most welcome....I am guessing you are now a master of self scanning apgs
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 18th May 17, 12:26 PM
    • 18,547 Posts
    • 196,005 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Got my sun life amazon voucher today, means I can now buy what I was saving up for And it won't have cost me more than £4 in real money

Happy anniversary Louise, though I find it hard to believe that amount of time has gone
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • juju17
    • By juju17 18th May 17, 12:55 PM
    • 982 Posts
    • 12,073 Thanks
    juju17
    I got my sunlife M&S giftcard today...thanks, I think to VT?...so thank you!
    DH's hasnt arrived yet....will see if it comes tomorrow, or I shall have to chase that up... £150 (minus 2 x £4)...of free goodies..happy days!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 18th May 17, 1:28 PM
    • 19,592 Posts
    • 253,691 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Morning marmite to you and your lovely doggy

Haven't seen nanny but see savvybuyer was lurking ... morning savvy

Do you always put the tea in your coffee perculator ? Edit specsavers for me, just re-read your post
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    You caught me during the two seconds that I was here in the last week. I will go now - don't want to ruin one of the biggest glitches of all that, typically, is here whenever I am not. Just been doing other things for the past week (typically).

EDIT: Good morning afternoon btw.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th May 17, 1:29 PM
    • 9,069 Posts
    • 121,612 Thanks
    altojack
    Morning all, hope you all had a pleasant weekend. I've had an email from shoes testing panel to re register but don't know what to answer on question 20. Do you share the results of the products you test with others?
    Yes - close family

Yes - close friends

Yes - with everyone!

No - I keep them to myself

Are we meant to? Don't want to put wrong answer and not be accepted. Anyone else had the email, presume there are quite a few of us here who are members of shoes testing panel. Suggestions gratefully received, please. Thank you
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    josie_ann, I've not checked my emails yet but I'm a member. You've got me thinking now. If they are new products it would be a no. I haven't got any of my old paperwork here with me either to have a quick read, you know from previous testers.

Have you looked on the Boots Testers forum, I can't even find it bit I'm sure people on there will be talking about it xx

hth
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 145
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 18th May 17, 1:31 PM
    • 2,216 Posts
    • 29,645 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    Sensodyne and olay shops done.

Results after school run x
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th May 17, 1:32 PM
    • 9,069 Posts
    • 121,612 Thanks
    altojack
    Savvy

How are you keeping? Not seen you for ages, mind you I keep doing a vanishing trick now and again. I hope you are well though xx

Out 145
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 18th May 17, 1:36 PM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 25,992 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    You caught me during the two seconds that I was here in the last week. I will go now - don't want to ruin one of the biggest glitches of all that, typically, is here whenever I am not. Just been doing other things for the past week (typically).

EDIT: Good morning afternoon btw.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Hello Savvy long time no see, hope all is well with you..
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th May 17, 1:37 PM
    • 9,069 Posts
    • 121,612 Thanks
    altojack
    Good afternoon Elite

Had a lazy start to the day but I've got to shift myself and go down to the farm for eggs then might pop to Lidl.

Haven't been to Mr A as I don't need any supplies from there

Hugs to the Elite poorly and those low in spirit, you're in my thoughts today xx

Out 145
    • i been robbed
    • By i been robbed 18th May 17, 1:40 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 8,510 Thanks
    i been robbed
    right guard

good afternoon,

AvS
    4x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Fresh 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £8.00 £6.00
    5x Right Guard Total Defence 5 Cool 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £10.00 £7.50
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Clean 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Original 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    4x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Sport 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £8.00 £6.00

thought i'd just report all 5 flavors working

thankyou
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 1:42 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    I must have missed your post Josie ann earlier and AJ's post has prompted me to have a look on some of the testing trial sheets that currently have for shoes.....

I am currently testing something for them and they are very specific that it is to be used only by me and product or details are not to be passed to anyone else...

based on this my guess would be its confidential which is different to how the testing panel used to work in the past.

I've been part of this panel for maybe 6 or 7 years and I certainly remember in the past that they were happy for someone else to test if you were not able/available....now I think things might be getting a little restricted to testers only.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th May 17, 1:50 PM
    • 9,069 Posts
    • 121,612 Thanks
    altojack
    I must have missed your post Josie ann earlier and AJ's post has prompted me to have a look on some of the testing trial sheets that currently have for shoes.....

I am currently testing something for them and they are very specific that it is to be used only by me and product or details are not to be passed to anyone else...

based on this my guess would be its confidential which is different to how the testing panel used to work in the past.

I've been part of this panel for maybe 6 or 7 years and I certainly remember in the past that they were happy for someone else to test if you were not able/available....now I think things might be getting a little restricted to testers only.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    I'm glad you're still around as I'm not near any of my paperwork. I know they did have a change quite some time back but they at one time didn't mind if you let someone else in the family test if you couldn't.

LEJC, have you checked your mail yet? I've looked at mind and I have a questionnaire too to be filled in if I want to stay on their New Panel. I've been with then about 9 years I think now, I'd be silly to stop now

Out 145
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 1:57 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    I'm having an energy supplier nightmare....thanks to a tenant....if I hear the words "we can only speak to the account holder" again I'm going to go pop!

I have been speaking to 2 energy suppliers today....neither me or the tenant are customers with either supplier....but between the 2 suppliers and the tenant they have managed not only to switch suppliers,but physically install a new meter and now have 2 companies supplying electricity to a single property...both billing separately for exactly the same supply....

All this has been done without my knowledge and it just seems that we are going round in circles to try and rectify it....
    it's days like this when I don't like being a Landlord!

The simple thing for me to say would be...it's not my problem dear tenant...you should read your tenancy agreement that tells you you can't change supplier without permission....and you certainly cant get new meters installed ever....unless you return the old ones at the end of the tenancy as per your inventory.....2 bills thats your problem too because you didn't swap suppliers correctly....oh ...and....you must have received some letters from these suppliers before today when one supplier turned up to switch off the supply to a meter(for non payment) that was disconnected by the other supplier and replaced more than 6 months ago...did you not think to say something sooner....

but I'm not like that and have spent the last 5 hours getting nowhere fast.....
    Last edited by LEJC; 18-05-2017 at 2:43 PM.
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 2:00 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    I'm glad you're still around as I'm not near any of my paperwork. I know they did have a change quite some time back but they at one time didn't mind if you let someone else in the family test if you couldn't.

LEJC, have you checked your mail yet? I've looked at mind and I have a questionnaire too to be filled in if I want to stay on their New Panel. I've been with then about 9 years I think now, I'd be silly to stop now
    Originally posted by altojack
    I've got no emails about a new panel...they must either love me or hate me because they don't want me to join!

I'm quite happy to be billy no mates if they dont want me to play.....
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 18th May 17, 2:46 PM
    • 4,992 Posts
    • 74,964 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Afternoon all.
    I've been in Portugal for my Birthday.Decided to give the internet a miss while I was away.

I see you have all been glitching like mad.

Thanks to 3 dogs for the list.
    Done a little shop this morning.

1x ASDA Farm Stores Salad Tomatoes (6pk) £0.69 £0.69
    2x Lynx Apollo Shower Gel (400ml) £4.00 £3.00
    1x Lynx Lynx You Shower Gel 400ml (400ml) £2.00 £1.50
    0.39x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.28 £0.28
    3x Lynx Black Night Body Wash (400ml) £6.00 £4.50
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each) £0.50 £0.50
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Iceberg Lettuce (each) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    4x Wham Cosmic Chews Pack (36g) £1.44 £0.80
    Comparison total (compared products only) £15.71 £12.07
    +£3.64 cheaper

Found a couple of wombles this morning before it rained.Dated 17th

A v T and A v M
    1x Actimel Strawberry Yogurt Drinks (12x100) £3.50 £2.00
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 2:54 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    Hola Sal....I hope Portugal treated you well and you had a lovely birthday x
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,330Posts Today

6,224Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin