Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,298Posts
    • 35,015Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3998
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 18th May 17, 9:30 AM
    • 18,620 Posts
    • 196,545 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Arthien The 20% off on Sparks covers furniture.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • perkypam123
    • By perkypam123 18th May 17, 9:31 AM
    • 680 Posts
    • 9,706 Thanks
    perkypam123
    Smile and save. You'll be 10% better off at Asda.

If we're not 10% cheaper than Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, or Waitrose on your comparable grocery shop we'll give you the difference. Guaranteed! It's as simple as that!*

We've made a change to the Asda Price Guarantee. You now need to have an Asda Groceries Home Shopping account to claim your vouchers. We have also updated our terms and conditions.
    Enter a store receipt

Please ensure that you've waited at least 3 hours after you shop to compare your receipt.
    Enter your barcode number (TC#): -----
    What's this?

I want to know about great offers, ideas and new services from ASDA
    Please enter your email address:

COMPARE PRICES

Check an online shop

Please ensure that you've waited 24 hours after your shopping was delivered to compare prices.
    Email address:

Password:

Forgotten Password?

CHECK AN ONLINE SHOP

Select an order to check:

CHECK THIS ORDER
    Login with a different account

<h2 class="bold"> We were cheaper! We were cheapest, just not by 10%.
    But that's not good enough for us, so below is a voucher for the difference.

Based on comparable items...tescosainsbury'smorrisonswaitroseThe cost of your shop at Asda was:£1.15 £11.05 £11.80 £0.45 The competitor cost would have been:£1.17£11.25£11.90£0.80Therefore Asda was...Not 10% cheaperNot 10% cheaperNot 10% cheaper10% cheaperTo be 10% cheaper Asda needed to be:£1.05£10.12£10.71£0.72Compared to the 10% cheaper price£0.10 more£0.93 more£1.09 more
    £0.27 lessAsda was...Not 10% cheaperNot 10% cheaperNot 10% cheaper
    10% cheaperHow was this worked out?View comparisonView comparisonView comparisonView comparison5 items on your receipt qualify for comparisonAsdatesco1x Swizzels Mega Double Lollies (32g)£0.30N/A1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g)£0.25£0.261x Haribo Starmix (1pk)£0.10N/A1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g)£0.10£0.103x ASDA Butcher's Selection Unsmoked Gammon Joint (750g)£10.00N/A1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons Bag (14.4g)£0.25N/A1x ASDA Custard Creams (400g)£0.45£0.451x Barratt Flumps (12g)£0.10£0.101x Cadbury Dairy Milk Little Bar (18g)£0.25£0.26Comparison total (compared products only)£1.15 £1.17cheaper+£0.02For your information:
    • Asda Price Guarantee comparisons are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).
    • Where a product comparison price is N/A, either, a) the independent agencies that collect the price data have not found an equivalent product at the named competitor, based on the comparison criteria (see Terms & Conditions) ; or b) the product is part of a particular promotion which makes it difficult for a fair comparison to be made (see Terms & Conditions).
    • Comparisons are limited to a maximum of 10 items per product and 10Kg for items sold by weight.
    • All prices displayed in red are net of any multibuys savings or discounts. For example items that are £1.47 each which are part of a "2 for £2.50" promotion will be shown at £1.25 each where the customer buys the required quantity. They may therefore be a different price to that shown on your receipt or delivery note.
    • Any items of George clothing or Home and Leisure items are excluded from this comparison.
    • Please see Terms & Conditions for a full list of exclusions and further information.

7 items (5 different) on your receipt qualify for comparisonAsdasainsbury's1x Swizzels Mega Double Lollies (32g)£0.30N/A1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g)£0.25£0.251x Haribo Starmix (1pk)£0.10N/A1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g)£0.10N/A3x ASDA Butcher's Selection Unsmoked Gammon Joint (750g)£10.00£9.901x Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons Bag (14.4g)£0.25N/A1x ASDA Custard Creams (400g)£0.45£0.751x Barratt Flumps (12g)£0.10£0.101x Cadbury Dairy Milk Little Bar (18g)£0.25£0.25Comparison total (compared products only)£11.05 £11.25cheaper+£0.20For your information:
    • Asda Price Guarantee comparisons are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).
    • Where a product comparison price is N/A, either, a) the independent agencies that collect the price data have not found an equivalent product at the named competitor, based on the comparison criteria (see Terms & Conditions) ; or b) the product is part of a particular promotion which makes it difficult for a fair comparison to be made (see Terms & Conditions).
    • Comparisons are limited to a maximum of 10 items per product and 10Kg for items sold by weight.
    • All prices displayed in red are net of any multibuys savings or discounts. For example items that are £1.47 each which are part of a "2 for £2.50" promotion will be shown at £1.25 each where the customer buys the required quantity. They may therefore be a different price to that shown on your receipt or delivery note.
    • Any items of George clothing or Home and Leisure items are excluded from this comparison.
    • Please see Terms & Conditions for a full list of exclusions and further information.

11 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparisonAsdamorrisons1x Swizzels Mega Double Lollies (32g)£0.30£0.301x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g)£0.25£0.251x Haribo Starmix (1pk)£0.10£0.101x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g)£0.10£0.103x ASDA Butcher's Selection Unsmoked Gammon Joint (750g)£10.00£10.001x Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons Bag (14.4g)£0.25£0.301x ASDA Custard Creams (400g)£0.45£0.451x Barratt Flumps (12g)£0.10£0.101x Cadbury Dairy Milk Little Bar (18g)£0.25£0.30Comparison total (compared products only)£11.80 £11.90cheaper+£0.10For your information:

1 items on your receipt qualify for comparisonAsdawaitrose1x Swizzels Mega Double Lollies (32g)£0.30N/A1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g)£0.25N/A1x Haribo Starmix (1pk)£0.10N/A1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g)£0.10N/A3x ASDA Butcher's Selection Unsmoked Gammon Joint (750g)£10.00N/A1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons Bag (14.4g)£0.25N/A1x ASDA Custard Creams (400g)£0.45£0.801x Barratt Flumps (12g)£0.10N/A1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Little Bar (18g)£0.25N/AComparison total (compared products only)£0.45 £0.80cheaper+£0.35
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 10:03 AM
    • 9,178 Posts
    • 57,581 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all...

Mrs mac....you'll be pleased to hear that the sun has finally peeped through the rain....there are showers forecast but so far it's not too bad today!

All the best to JTS for the last chemo

.....and well done to master dol for securing permanent employment...I hope it's successful for him and a weight off your mind too Sarah.

Onwards with my day and a rather unpleasant discussion needed with a tenant.
    frugal October...£29.92 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 10:14 AM
    • 16,711 Posts
    • 194,385 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all

Finally the rain has stopped and the sun is out and the bedding is on the line
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 18th May 17, 10:15 AM
    • 2,759 Posts
    • 33,654 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    £75 Sunlife/Amazon Voucher code arrived today. Thanks to the OP for this one.

Anyone had any difficulty in cancelling ?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 10:18 AM
    • 16,711 Posts
    • 194,385 Thanks
    mhoc
    If anyone has Twitter app on their phones take notice of their latest update. It comes with a notice about sending you personalised adverts (according to your locations and pages you visit etc ) don't blindly tick the yes button but go to your settings and there you can individually allow or disallow various actions
    To me it feels quite intrusive
    something to think about anyway
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 10:21 AM
    • 9,178 Posts
    • 57,581 Thanks
    LEJC
    I possibly spoke too soon...we most definitely have April showers!

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 18th May 17, 10:22 AM
    • 18,620 Posts
    • 196,545 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    £75 Sunlife/Amazon Voucher code arrived today. Thanks to the OP for this one.

Anyone had any difficulty in cancelling ?
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Oooh, hopefully mine should not be too long then.

My plan was to simply cancel the direct debit and wait for the desperate phone calls.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 18th May 17, 10:24 AM
    • 14,518 Posts
    • 243,931 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning
    JTS - bestest bell ringer

Looks like a nice day here

Sisters are posting great holiday pictures on FB
    Interesting ones too - like a supermarket car park with solar panels that double up as shade for cars & also energy.
    Traffic lights with count downs
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Lilly Filly
    • By Lilly Filly 18th May 17, 10:24 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    Lilly Filly
    Morning everyone,

The Metcalfe's Popcorn (buy from T's only) that is on cos with 12 days left to run is going down in price from £1.49 to £1 with 50p cashback. This is from 24th to 30th May.

Wonder if cos will pull this one like they did the Kettle Bites, then put them back on when the price goes back up? Getting a bit crafty they are.

Lilly
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 10:25 AM
    • 16,711 Posts
    • 194,385 Thanks
    mhoc
    Has everyone had their Mr Tosser quarterly statements now?
    I must admit I had forgotten all about them, at one time not so long ago those 4 end of the quarter dates were highlights on the calendar, now I can only guess - possibly January because often its when we are away, May sometime, August and the last one might be
    october or november according to whenever Christmas starts ...

Anyway between us we have about £5 worth but only because of adding a few points. I really need to have a look at the accounts and try and think of something I can use them for ...
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 18th May 17, 10:31 AM
    • 14,518 Posts
    • 243,931 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Snap-ant was yesterday's smartest player!

25 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Thursday): World : UK

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 18th May 17, 10:33 AM
    • 2,759 Posts
    • 33,654 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    I must admit I had forgotten all about them, at one time not so long ago those 4 end of the quarter dates were highlights on the calendar, now I can only guess - possibly January because often its when we are away, May sometime, August and the last one might be

Anyway between us we have about £5 worth but only because of adding a few points. I really need to have a look at the accounts and try and think of something I can use them for ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Received yesterday....still have a good £200 worth and awaiting a new strategy from them. Always use up the £50 ones on small purchases to extend life on the refunded vouchers.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 18th May 17, 10:36 AM
    • 9,794 Posts
    • 109,420 Thanks
    emerald21

Is that all lol . I had mine yesterday with £99
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 10:40 AM
    • 16,711 Posts
    • 194,385 Thanks
    mhoc
    Also we have finally got our National Trust membership pack - we rejoined at the end of April via vouchercodes for the extra Marks voucher which sadly it is not tracking so Ive got to chase this up.

When you join you get an email with temporary cards and I realised this week that they were about to expire so I rang them up and they emailed another set with 06/06 expiry dates on them

They have been having some sort of technical issues hence the delay but our membership pack arrived today and they have included a voucher for free pots if tea for 2 as compensation for the delay
    (I am wondering if someone with family membership would be getting a different voucher)

We joined by monthly direct debit this time for £9 a month as it works out the same overall but in June £27 will go out to catch up.

Also if anyone has had reminders about renewal check the various leaflets in your letter as ours came with a voucher to take a spare person with you - it just needs your details and membership number. This will be very useful if ever we get visitors as we can take them out on a day trip with us.The leaflet looks like nothing much so it would be very easy to bin it - everyone now goes to check their Recycling bins

We have now ended up with 2 handbooks which is a good thing as its one for each card and a car parking pass each so very useful.
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 18th May 17, 10:41 AM
    • 2,224 Posts
    • 29,714 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    Good morning everyone!

Life has been so busy lately!

It was my first wedding anniversary this week

Glad to see you all having fun with the 3 for 2 glitch

Might pop out for some today

May also go to Waitrose for Palmolive
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 10:43 AM
    • 16,711 Posts
    • 194,385 Thanks
    mhoc
    Is that all lol . I had mine yesterday with £99
    Originally posted by emerald21
    This was my sort of normal amount in the olden days but now with so few MOCs, not many free or nearly free cashback items, points devalued, no nice top up from TCB ...

About 70% of shops now from Aldi and only odd bits from the supermarkets
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 10:56 AM
    • 9,178 Posts
    • 57,581 Thanks
    LEJC
    JTS - bestest bell ringer

Looks like a nice day here

Sisters are posting great holiday pictures on FB
    Interesting ones too - like a supermarket car park with solar panels that double up as shade for cars & also energy.
    Traffic lights with count downs
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Thats lovely to hear that they are having a blast and sharing it with everyone....
    Lighter moments amongst the grey are so refreshing for all x

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 10:58 AM
    • 9,178 Posts
    • 57,581 Thanks
    LEJC

not yet mhoc....my last point collection date was 7th may....and it has now reset,waiting for the mailing

The next quarter for me runs until 20th july
    Last edited by LEJC; 18-05-2017 at 11:01 AM.

• Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 18th May 17, 11:15 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 4,190 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning everyone!

Life has been so busy lately!

It was my first wedding anniversary this week
    Originally posted by xxlouisexx56
    That's lovely xxlouisexx belated Happy First Wedding Anniversary. Did you get traditional presents of "Paper"?
    Paper can be so boring, but I gave my wife a 45 pack of Andrex "Puppies On A Roll "
    Last edited by Jeremiah T Stone; 18-05-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,226Posts Today

8,058Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Hurrah! The ASA's ruled against 2 fake Facebook ads using my image https://t.co/GvNrqDPOC5 tho Facebook still shows others

• PS Today's poll is obviously inspired by the real question I was asked and tweeted about last night.

• Not all firms have panels and HR teams. There are many very small businesses out there without such resources :) https://t.co/cLo0zO7Yqu

• Follow Martin