Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,884Posts
    • 34,378Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3778
    • juju17
    • By juju17 20th Apr 17, 5:00 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 11,438 Thanks
    juju17
    Only the outer pack of a multipack has a code to win a free 6-pack

The single bags might contain a cash prize sachet inside but that's all
    Originally posted by aau1
    Oh ok...thanks aau....thought it seemed too good to be true
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 20th Apr 17, 5:01 PM
    • 1,631 Posts
    • 17,927 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Braveheart I thought pot noodle are currently 2 for £1 on offer. Offer still 'looks' current
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    In the store I was in just has a SEL for 75p and no multi, and you are correct, I have looked ar receipt and a multi has come off. Will kick my own rear
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 20th Apr 17, 5:05 PM
    • 4,195 Posts
    • 82,562 Thanks
    izzeyb
    In the store I was in just has a SEL for 75p and no multi, and you are correct, I have looked ar receipt and a multi has come off. Will kick my own rear
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk

Good job you didnt go to CS expecting a gift card
    N1LDA
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 20th Apr 17, 5:08 PM
    • 2,450 Posts
    • 37,408 Thanks
    wendyak
    afternoon peeps
    breaking news.......I have my first egg ,
    In other news - I got in a right pickle it Waities but ended up with NINE fairies for about £14 as my voucher was 8 off 40 ........I had been planning on it being 6 off 30 and didnt even look until I was at the till, then the vanish didint work and I didn't have enough money so ran around like one of my chooks .......supermarket sweep re-lived, lol.
    All turned out ok in the end but quite traumatic xxxxx
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 20th Apr 17, 5:08 PM
    • 9,398 Posts
    • 106,492 Thanks
    emerald21
    In my normal dreams I am often trying to save the world or something like that, I obviously feel the weight of the worlds problems on my shoulders
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Yes indeed lol. My dream where I'm trying to reach someone tells me I'm worried about losing contact or fretting about them subconsciously.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 20th Apr 17, 5:15 PM
    • 15,795 Posts
    • 187,433 Thanks
    mhoc
    Good Afternoon from the 1st class coach on a virgin pendolino train from Edinburgh to Crewe, get me . Not very mse but very nice none the less. I could get used to this Nellie lol.

My first time in first class and hopefully not the last if the price is right. I had a ticket for a normal coach but realised I wouldn t get back to Wrexham till almost 10 which makes it an extra long day travelling so I looked for alternatives and saw this with £76 off
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I think if the difference was not huge then go for it - its a different world in first class on Virgin apart from the stinky loos
    Travelling cattle class especially in the school hols is hellish

Odd times we have been in first coming back from Euston - OH has been very polite and asked nicely and if its very very quiet in first we have been moved - Liverpool staff are very kind. OH though says we can only accept hot drinks but no food as its taking the p****

The last time we went down to Southampton in January on Cross Country oddly there was extra carriages on so the train was like a ghost train as everyone was spread out. The conductors seeing as we had our passes (and even though our companies don't have reciprocal arrangements) helped move us and various cases into 1st which was totally empty and we did enjoy cross country hospitality that day
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • tbw
    • By tbw 20th Apr 17, 5:17 PM
    • 4,696 Posts
    • 53,388 Thanks
    tbw
    Thanks Bubbs for the fairy.....managed to get a few for friends and family using up the £6 off £30 coupons
    Originally posted by juju17
    For the first time ever (for me) the SA said I couldn't use the £6 coupon cos I hadn't spent enough ! I had to educate him. I don't know whats happening but I've had trouble with supervisory staff (who should be well aware of their own procedures )in Waities, Asda and Tesco in the last week. This morning a supercilious SA told me that the reason the Dr O pizza coupons wouldn't work was because we were only allowed to have 1 coupon per person. She was quite unpleasant and pretty much said I was working a fraud - but she was too late cose the check out lady had already entered them manually and taken my money. Silly Biscuit.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 20th Apr 17, 5:18 PM
    • 15,795 Posts
    • 187,433 Thanks
    mhoc
    Does anyone remember the free soup email a few if us had in March and if so did anyone apply and if so did anyone get their money back?

I've just found the receipt in the scanner I know OH scanned it and put it as a shortcut on the desktop for ease of use. I don't think I submitted the form though

well it was 2 weeks before the wedding and things were getting manic .... annoying though all of the same
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Anon
    • By Anon 20th Apr 17, 5:34 PM
    • 11,695 Posts
    • 128,876 Thanks
    Anon
    Doing the TimeS LEGOLAND offer this weekend with a couple of pre-teens,

any tips please?

what to do and what to avoid? TIA
    Originally posted by locarr
    Top tip? Enjoy, it is great ! I particularly like the Star Wars features.

We have been for the past 4(?) years and are going again this summer (and the next!) as I have my T CC vouchers ready (go mid summer holidays in the first year, then in the first week or so of the summer holidays the following year - one year pass covers two summers . The T CC vouchers were £25 for an annual pass.

Getting there? If by car, when you get to Windsor, follow the alternative/scenic route - it is slightly further in distance terms but much quicker than the straight route due to less traffic (it is signposted). Get there before opening time so that you are through the gates and in the holding area ready for park/rides opening.

It is worth planning your day if there are specific rides that you want to go on as if it is really busy then you can be waiting a looooonnnnngggg time for rides, so head to the ones you want quickly when the park opens and then go on the others. Despite how big it looks, once you get your bearings you can get round the site very quickly.

They offer refillable cups for around £7.50 - worth buying 1 of these (or 2 if you are feeling generous!) as they then last all day with multiple free refills (if your gang are prepared to share, then one cup will be fine for the family as you can refill all day - or all season if you return later in the year .

They offer kids eat free with an adult in some restaurants from around 3pm if I recall correctly (may be annual pass only though, so may not be of use to you - worth checking). The pizza restaurant is good value anyway as it is unlimited pizza and pasta (for kids and adults with big appetites - it also includes unlimited drinks). The burger restaurant near the log flume (if kids eating free with a paying adult) is also good value.

Make sure you take in a big packed lunches including snacks etc as prices are not cheap (and you build up a good appetite when walking around all day). If hot, make sure you have sunscreen and hats etc (and if thinking about going in the Duplo Valley - if the water features are open - or on the log flume/canyon ride be prepared to get wet, so take waterproofs/pack-a-macs from the pound shop etc as again ridiculously priced on site!)

Finally, in terms of buying Lego, they had a reduced/offers section above the Star Wars shop which has always been worth a visit (otherwise the prices are generally RRP and can be bought cheaper from Amazon and elsewhere - so have the conversation beforehand about if there is a specific set they want, to check the price there then buy online if cheaper!).

Staying over? We have found Slough Travelodge or Terminal 5 at Heathrow are the best value every year so far and close enough for the commute in..

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 20-04-2017 at 5:48 PM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 20th Apr 17, 5:36 PM
    • 32,213 Posts
    • 436,040 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    does everyone know about the 1in3 chance to win a free multipack of walkers?

The codes to enter are on the outside of promotional multipacks

https://paypacket.walkers.co.uk/
    For the second time in a week I've had to rummage in our outside bin.

But guess what?

I've won

Twice

Congratulations TM

You really are a baller

Great odds..........

Just think Austin......we can get Tomato ketchup flavour
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 20th Apr 17, 5:39 PM
    • 32,213 Posts
    • 436,040 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Afternoon luvlies

Sorry, been skimming . Noticed TM maybe dragging Mr TM out to waities and looking for Asian food, is it because you already knew about this and I missed it

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/joy-asia-10-meal-deal-2-mains-3-sides-from-19th-april-16th-waitrose-2669548?/
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Yes I saw that hampy....looks delicious.

Do you have any supporting walls left in your house?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 20th Apr 17, 5:40 PM
    • 32,213 Posts
    • 436,040 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just had a mailing from Waities ... alas no spend and saves

Half price vouchers, valid until 14th May

1 litre Cif Floor Cleaner Ocean Fragrance
    750 ml Dettol Surface Cleanser Spray
    570 ml Comfort Intense Fabric Conditioner
    700 ml Cif Power and Shine
    Dettol Surface Cleanser Floor Wipes 15s
    Finish Power and Pure Quantum 60s
    45 wash Persil Laundry Powder

Save £1 on Dylon colour Catcher Sheets

And the best one FREE Waitrose Fabric Conditioner, 730 mls
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    I got exactly the same one today
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 20th Apr 17, 5:42 PM
    • 11,695 Posts
    • 128,876 Thanks
    Anon
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-000-nectar-points-worth-10-when-book-a-virgin-train-ticket-from-just-2630992

eta: just noticed on that thread that some people got their points 2 weeks ago, others are still waiting
    Cheeky I know, but I do wonder if FB CS check with anyone before applying the points or if they are just goodwill ... if they did, they would have rejected the V1king queries as V1king had rejected them due to their T&Cs, which suggests they don't check? That being the case, wonders out loud if it would be worth contacting them for missing points from this promo or is that crossing a line ...

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 20th Apr 17, 5:44 PM
    • 32,213 Posts
    • 436,040 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Does anyone remember the free soup email a few if us had in March and if so did anyone apply and if so did anyone get their money back?

I've just found the receipt in the scanner I know OH scanned it and put it as a shortcut on the desktop for ease of use. I don't think I submitted the form though

well it was 2 weeks before the wedding and things were getting manic .... annoying though all of the same
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Yes my payment came through pretty quickly

Congratulations on your egg wendy
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 20th Apr 17, 5:44 PM
    • 11,695 Posts
    • 128,876 Thanks
    Anon
    Just thinking out loud.....the w4lkers offer....I recall when they did the £3 lunch promotion, people buying the boxes of walkers from HB? or somewhere similar....wonder if this might be worthwhile with this promo, and if the boxes are on offer?
    Originally posted by juju17
    Jack F, FF etc will likely be selling them at lower prices over the coming months, but if it is only on multi packs then that does increase the cost somewhat. Ah ... £3 lunch promo, fond memories .

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 20th Apr 17, 5:50 PM
    • 32,213 Posts
    • 436,040 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Winning emails read

Click the link here to download your Multipack coupon and redeem in store. Each Multipack comes with 6 more chances to win a cash prize or another Multipack.

I was under the impression that there was one cash prize in each multi pack but perhaps there's the possibility of a cash prize in each packet of crisps
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 20th Apr 17, 5:51 PM
    • 32,213 Posts
    • 436,040 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Jack F, FF etc will likely be selling them at lower prices over the coming months, but if it is only on multi packs then that does increase the cost somewhat. Ah ... £3 lunch promo, fond memories .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Can't remember the odds on the single packs but 1 in 3 is pretty good on the multipacks
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • aau1
    • By aau1 20th Apr 17, 5:52 PM
    • 18,699 Posts
    • 322,671 Thanks
    aau1
    Cheeky I know, but I do wonder if FB CS check with anyone before applying the points or if they are just goodwill ... if they did, they would have rejected the V1king queries as V1king had rejected them due to their T&Cs, which suggests they don't check? That being the case, wonders out loud if it would be worth contacting them for missing points from this promo or is that crossing a line ...

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    They probably at least check your account to see if you have a qualifying spend or not. They might ask for proof you were invited to this offer

Personally, I was hoping that virgin were just slow in applying the points and that if i got livechat to add them i might get lucky when the delayed automatic points finally go on too. But looking on hukd it seems the automatic points have gone on already for some people
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • aau1
    • By aau1 20th Apr 17, 5:56 PM
    • 18,699 Posts
    • 322,671 Thanks
    aau1
    Can't remember the odds on the single packs but 1 in 3 is pretty good on the multipacks
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    There are 250,269 cash prizes spread across single packs and multi packs

I prefer the odds of 1in3 on the multipacks
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 20th Apr 17, 5:56 PM
    • 32,213 Posts
    • 436,040 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I love the way we shop

We normally have fish on a Thursday but our man didn't call today...he's out of synch with Good Friday I think

Then I remembered the COS offer for Birds Eye Large (that's a joke)
    and bought a £3 pack in A paid for with a £2.86 womble and just claimed my £1 cashback

Think I'll enjoy tea all the more

Talking of food.....off to eat
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,273Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin