Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,198Posts
    • 34,908Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3777
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 20th Apr 17, 3:25 PM
    • 9,661 Posts
    • 108,580 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Afternoon from the 1st class coach on a virgin pendolino train from Edinburgh to Crewe, get me . Not very mse but very nice none the less. I could get used to this Nellie lol.

My first time in first class and hopefully not the last if the price is right. I had a ticket for a normal coach but realised I wouldn t get back to Wrexham till almost 10 which makes it an extra long day travelling so I looked for alternatives and saw this with £76 off
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 20th Apr 17, 3:27 PM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 84,609 Thanks
    izzeyb
    I have this also, but I have a till split from yonks ago £6 off £30 which runs out at the weekend.
    but DH has a £6 off £30 but no coupons so nappies with his I think

and thanks again for another glitch I as well as many others do appreciate all your hard work
    Originally posted by HILLBERN

I have used OHs spend and save with my coupons before, with no problem.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 20th Apr 17, 3:29 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,786 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Ok so somehow my travel money exchange didn't go quite to plan.

Yes I am impressed with exchange rate and speed of delivery but I was sure I had clicked on mixed notes, went back to check and my order says no preference so I have loads of $100 CAD notes for DD and only 1 x $10 and 1 x $50

Please does anyone know if I took a chance and visited a bureau de change whether one would be kind enough to change a couple into smaller denominations or is that a no go?
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 20th Apr 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 141,162 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Afternoon Elite

Stayed up all night after more stress over Emily as M DID report the bite to the police, so looking forward to giving them a statement on what really happened as she has told them that she did nothing to provocate the dog grr. Concentrating on keeping Emily safe - which we have achieved hopefully, but I can't give details. Bottle of cheap but delicious bottle of red wine gave me such weird dreams when I did sleep this morning

Still showing this for me when you click on get your voucher:

£1 OFF NEW COVENT GARDEN SOUP ** OFFER HAS ENDED**

Due to Souper demand, our coupon offer has now ended. To enjoy more of our offers please sign up below.
    Last edited by 3Dogs; 20-04-2017 at 3:32 PM.
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 13/16
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 20th Apr 17, 3:35 PM
    • 9,661 Posts
    • 108,580 Thanks
    emerald21
    Outside?? Some terrible peeps would probably photo codes to use at home without buying them
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk

Oh as if I won't be bothering as I don't like crisps that much. Now if it was choccie.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 20th Apr 17, 3:39 PM
    • 9,661 Posts
    • 108,580 Thanks
    emerald21
    Ok so somehow my travel money exchange didn't go quite to plan.

Yes I am impressed with exchange rate and speed of delivery but I was sure I had clicked on mixed notes, went back to check and my order says no preference so I have loads of $100 CAD notes for DD and only 1 x $10 and 1 x $50

Please does anyone know if I took a chance and visited a bureau de change whether one would be kind enough to change a couple into smaller denominations or is that a no go?
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Worth asking I would have thought.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 20th Apr 17, 3:41 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,786 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Worth asking I would have thought.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I will when I go into town. I just if anyone else has done this with ease like at the post office or Thomas Cook as I would head straight to one of those.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 20th Apr 17, 3:42 PM
    • 9,661 Posts
    • 108,580 Thanks
    emerald21
    Afternoon Elite

Stayed up all night after more stress over Emily as M DID report the bite to the police, so looking forward to giving them a statement on what really happened as she has told them that she did nothing to provocate the dog grr. Concentrating on keeping Emily safe - which we have achieved hopefully, but I can't give details. Bottle of cheap but delicious bottle of red wine gave me such weird dreams when I did sleep this morning

Due to Souper demand, our coupon offer has now ended. To enjoy more of our offers please sign up below.
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Some of my dreams are corkers and that's without the wine I'm either working hard or struggling to communicate with someone eg dropped my phone or not working.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 20th Apr 17, 3:49 PM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 25,992 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    I have used OHs spend and save with my coupons before, with no problem.
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Thanks for that
    • lookinforabargain
    • By lookinforabargain 20th Apr 17, 3:51 PM
    • 8,995 Posts
    • 148,746 Thanks
    lookinforabargain
    4x Heinz Beanz in Tomato Sauce Snap Pots (4x200g) £9.92 £6.00
    4x Heinz Spaghetti Hoops in Tomato Sauce Snap Pots (4x190g) £9.96 £6.00

All went to plan
    ...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

PRIDE

There's a fork in the road, which way will you go
    You standing still or will you step into the great unknown,
    Is yours to decide, this is your life.

• 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 20th Apr 17, 3:53 PM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 141,162 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Some of my dreams are corkers and that's without the wine I'm either working hard or struggling to communicate with someone eg dropped my phone or not working.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    In my normal dreams I am often trying to save the world or something like that, I obviously feel the weight of the worlds problems on my shoulders
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 13/16
    • rose28454
    • By rose28454 20th Apr 17, 4:04 PM
    • 4,684 Posts
    • 47,088 Thanks
    rose28454
    Top tip for Waities. Have 2 cards ( one in your first christian and one in 2nd ). Use card no 1 for most of your shopping. Use 2nd sporadically and you will get conditional spends on that one that can be used with the 1st card
    • aau1
    • By aau1 20th Apr 17, 4:05 PM
    • 18,799 Posts
    • 323,598 Thanks
    aau1
    Outside?? Some terrible peeps would probably photo codes to use at home without buying them
    I thought that too

Codes can be entered up to 31/12/17 so you have plenty of time to allow a muggle at least a sporting chance of claiming their own code
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 20th Apr 17, 4:14 PM
    • 5,543 Posts
    • 67,956 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Nice womble for £2.88 AvM

Why are the smelliest, most bedraggled looking wombles always the best ones?
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • locarr
    • By locarr 20th Apr 17, 4:15 PM
    • 7,779 Posts
    • 138,022 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon Elite

Originally posted by 3Dogs

Just tried my link again and claimed and immediately got an email....

"We're delighted to send you a link to your print@home coupon for New Covent Garden Soup."
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • locarr
    • By locarr 20th Apr 17, 4:25 PM
    • 7,779 Posts
    • 138,022 Thanks
    locarr
    Just tried my link again and claimed and immediately got an email....

"We're delighted to send you a link to your print@home coupon for New Covent Garden Soup."
    Originally posted by locarr

Just printed it off too!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 20th Apr 17, 4:37 PM
    • 1,890 Posts
    • 20,151 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Apg
    It is me, Mr Slow, again.
    Just checked my PAG for beens and pot noddle which I paid 75p for, compares at 50p, an offer from tomorrow, 2 for £1, so how do I find it if other way round, as in cheap today but expensive tomorrow? As for example xxxx costs £1 today but goes to £2 tomorrow and the £1 compares favourably, as in £1 at Tosser, so probably a PAG for £2 vs £1, PAG 0f £1.10 on £1 spend?
    How can we check? A wander down this aisles looking at prices and scanning on App? May have a stroll through Sada if that is the case
    Sorry, just looked at PAG again, it has taken pot noddle at 50p each. 75p on SEL and App is 2 for £1.50. Tottaly confusing LOL

But knowing me, probably a (BIG) flaw in my thinking.
    Last edited by braveheart60uk; 20-04-2017 at 4:54 PM. Reason: confused as usual
    • juju17
    • By juju17 20th Apr 17, 4:42 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 12,093 Thanks
    juju17
    Just thinking out loud.....the walkers offer....I recall when they did the £3 lunch promotion, people buying the boxes of walkers from HB? or somewhere similar....wonder if this might be worthwhile with this promo, and if the boxes are on offer?
    • aau1
    • By aau1 20th Apr 17, 4:53 PM
    • 18,799 Posts
    • 323,598 Thanks
    aau1
    Just thinking out loud.....the walkers offer....I recall when they did the £3 lunch promotion, people buying the boxes of walkers from HB? or somewhere similar....wonder if this might be worthwhile with this promo, and if the boxes are on offer?
    Originally posted by juju17
    Only the outer pack of a multipack has a code to win a free 6-pack

The single bags might contain a cash prize sachet inside but that's all
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 20th Apr 17, 4:57 PM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 84,609 Thanks
    izzeyb
    It is me, Mr Slow, again.
    Just checked my PAG for beens and pot noddle which I paid 75p for, compares at 50p, an offer from tomorrow, 2 for £1, so how do I find it if other way round, as in cheap today but expensive tomorrow? As for example xxxx costs £1 today but goes to £2 tomorrow and the £1 compares favourably, as in £1 at Tosser, so probably a PAG for £2 vs £1, PAG 0f £1.10 on £1 spend?
    How can we check? A wander down this aisles looking at prices and scanning on App? May have a stroll through Sada if that is the case
    Sorry, just looked at PAG again, it has taken pot noddle at 50p each. 75p on SEL and App is 2 for £1.50. Tottaly confusing LOL

But knowing me, probably a (BIG) flaw in my thinking.

Braveheart I thought pot noodle are currently 2 for £1 on offer. Offer still 'looks' current

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound100/ls87955
    Last edited by izzeyb; 20-04-2017 at 5:00 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,067Posts Today

8,745Users online

Martin's Twitter