Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,774Posts
    • 34,049Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3762
    • House Elf
    • By House Elf 19th Apr 17, 10:25 AM
    • 274 Posts
    • 3,156 Thanks
    House Elf
    Morning.

Ending today, 3 for £20 beers

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle/820753_2057714.html

Best comparison I can see for buying 3 is the San Miguel v Sainsbobs. £30 v £27. £4.77 each.

Other comparisons would have to be bought in 6s.
    Boddies v Tesco 2 for £16
    Strongbow v Morries 2 for £16
    Bud v Morries 2 for £16
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Morning All,

Why have I looked on here? I should be doing my assignment. Now I have to go in search of beer

Thanks Izzey. Back soon!
    2016-No Clutter To Be Seen 262/2016
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 19th Apr 17, 10:26 AM
    • 8,576 Posts
    • 53,972 Thanks
    LEJC
    Thank you Tiny...we have a good few boxes to get through....
    I must have ordered them,got them delivered and then ignored the box after I put it on top of a wardrobe!
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 62 out 77 in ...£13.96 spend
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Apr 17, 10:26 AM
    • 27,049 Posts
    • 372,279 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Simply gorgeous
    Originally posted by underperky
    Isn't she just. She is perfect Di, just want to squidge her.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Apr 17, 10:32 AM
    • 27,049 Posts
    • 372,279 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Thank you Tiny...we have a good few boxes to get through....
    I must have ordered them,got them delivered and then ignored the box after I put it on top of a wardrobe!
    Originally posted by LEJC
    DD has even drunk the ones with creamers in couple of months OOD. I had bought a load of medium roast ones RTC over a year ago might even have been 2 years and they were fine well over 6 months past, as DD decided she didn't like them so as there were so many packs I gave them to her aunt before Christmas, and she said they were still ok.

DD will probably be drinking next lot OOD too as I forgot to take more up to her for her last couple of weeks and then being in Canada 2 months I bet some will be past date by time she gets back.

I don't drink coffee...
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 19-04-2017 at 10:50 AM.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 19th Apr 17, 10:39 AM
    • 8,576 Posts
    • 53,972 Thanks
    LEJC
    I dont really drink coffee either...sometimes I have a latte but thats about it....DS and OH are the coffee drinkers....but I think even DS is becoming a teapot as he didn't take the tassimo machine to uni with him and seems to forget it's here when he's home...

There are a couple of hot chocolate packs that expire middle May so I will sit in the garden with them in the evenings just to use them up.
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Apr 17, 10:49 AM
    • 27,049 Posts
    • 372,279 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I dont really drink coffee either...sometimes I have a latte but thats about it....DS and OH are the coffee drinkers....but I think even DS is becoming a teapot as he didn't take the tassimo machine to uni with him and seems to forget it's here when he's home...

There are a couple of hot chocolate packs that expire middle May so I will sit in the garden with them in the evenings just to use them up.
    I think DD still has a Suchards left as she prefers the Cadburys ones, I reckon that will be a year OOD, I best try use them up while she is away and the machine is here.

I can just about suffer an iced coffee, remember those we got free with vouchers couple years back, I could drink them but warm it up and . But you could give me a slice of coffee cake and I love it.

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 19th Apr 17, 10:51 AM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 21,865 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    This is from a womble on the 15/04 for comparison for San Miguel

A v S

1x San Miguel Lager (12x330) £10.00 £9.00

A v M

1x San Miguel Lager (12x330) £10.00 £10.70

A v W

1x San Miguel Lager (12x330) £10.00 £9.00

A v T

1x San Miguel Lager (12x330) £10.00 £11.00
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Apr 17, 11:13 AM
    • 27,049 Posts
    • 372,279 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    For those of us that don't have enough Nectar points.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/heads-up-28th-apr-1st-10-x-nectar-points-per-for-petrol-grocery-spend-sainsbury-2668706

Must be the news we were waiting for since there has been no double up?

Anon will you sit this one out?

• rose28454
    • By rose28454 19th Apr 17, 11:15 AM
    • 4,652 Posts
    • 46,793 Thanks
    rose28454
    Just been waities got 6 fairy and a paper used a £6 off £30 a sent me paid £8 will post receipt later ad starting work now and can't do on phone
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I have a number of £6.00 off £50.00 so will get down there later. Think if I get 15 for each voucher I can get them down to about £1.93 each. Will stock up myself and DD. Oh I forgot I dont have a stash cupboard at the mo. Ha
    Is thats right?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Apr 17, 11:17 AM
    • 27,049 Posts
    • 372,279 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Free Gravy boat with bisto, oxo and paxo, read comments as seems might be wrong size/price mentioned in title. Might be a good deal for some...

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bisto-gravy-granules-50-extra-free-255g-1-25-buy-2-get-free-gravy-boat-instore-iceland-2668626

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Apr 17, 11:23 AM
    • 27,049 Posts
    • 372,279 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Expected to see some Easter egg bargains over there but none. I think lots of stores got stock control about right this year. Not good for us though...

I don't go to As much but my little local had loads of the single creme eggs left on Monday, 25p each not good enough for me so if anyone notices when they go down again please shout.

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 19th Apr 17, 11:33 AM
    • 15,619 Posts
    • 185,901 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all, so cold outside but I am going to make porridge and venture out in a woolly hat

Marks sparks - if anyone has had the £5 off dresses offer then today is the last day - 4.5% on topcash if anyone still uses it (I did my order via Quidco, tracked straight away and then put in a claim to match the higher amount).
    Just spotted a Shard Print Frill Vest Dress for £15 in blue which looks like it might be useful over its matching swimsuit and a Parrot Print Woven Vest Dress for £15 which also has matching swimwear - I wish I had seen this before I ordered the one I did
    I now have just offer the required number of points needed to be on the invite list for the next exciting Marks event - cant wait

Sainsburys mycoupons - my offers all have 20/04 expiry date so Friday seems to be the date for new offers

Nectar - I have quite a few expiring offers so hopefully tomorrow there will be a nice new selection of offers.
    The scan x number of times and get x number of bonus points offers - seems to be no longer giving me the dial with how far along I am

Greenjim - seems to be a repeat of last weeks offers which is not a bad thing. I've got Lurpak butter which is on offer for £1.50 so after the cashback its the same price as standard butter - better than nothing.
    Last edited by mhoc; 19-04-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • lj*
    • By lj* 19th Apr 17, 11:52 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 1,734 Thanks
    lj*
    Good morning all...

Quick question for the other Tassimo owners....how long do the pods stay ok after useby dates?

I've found a box of multiple packs that I must have ordered last year...they now have impending usebys....the milk based ones we will try and use quickly,but the others that are just different versions of the coffees...how long past the useby are they still reasonably tasty?
    I think a few months is ok, I wouldn't reccomend a couple of years! found a box of coffee I had missed and it was yuk
    In waities they had compressed toilet rolls, £3.45 for 16. a bit infuriating as they dont unroll on the holder just quite as smoothly as normal ones after you have straitened them, but a good price.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 19th Apr 17, 12:19 PM
    • 7,697 Posts
    • 137,375 Thanks
    locarr
    Just been waities got 6 fairy and a paper used a £6 off £30 a sent me paid £8 will post receipt later ad starting work now and can't do on phone
    Originally posted by bubbs

Nice one, I've added it to my picks

View larger image

Fairy Non-Bio Washing Gel Detergent 24 washes 888ml

£5.00 (£5.64 per litre)
    Add 3 for £10 Featured Product
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • House Elf
    • By House Elf 19th Apr 17, 12:24 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 3,156 Thanks
    House Elf
    Back from A with beer....... paid with the £25.00 APG. Only a small stewards enquiry, and shopping was free.If the glitch doesn't work, i have at least used it up!

Lots of Easter craft supplies reduced to 10p. Got some craft straw for my DT class to make scarecrows next half term and a pink bucket for 20p Who can resist a pink bucket?!

I have achieved the 40 items decluttered for Lent, and have split them between DF and School. I have a bag and a box of dubious quality charity stuff in the car to be delivered to the CS when I go to collect DS2 from revision class. Want to eBay, but I will be strong and type assignment for an hour.
    2016-No Clutter To Be Seen 262/2016
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 19th Apr 17, 12:35 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 21,865 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Just home from a quick Sada shop....As expected the San Miguel has worked at the checkout..Still showing 3 for £10.......£30 minus £10......Will have the results later today....I am about to leave for Wales..The land of song and lots and lots of sheep....I love em...And when the Welsh have finished with them they send them to the English to eat....

On the subject of meat my Sada were reducing all of the gammon joints. smoked/unsmoked...marked up at £4 kilo...Reducing them to under £2 kilo........£12 plus joints reduced to £6..... I don't think it is a national thing as I asked why....The guy said that it was because they had too many....I can now say....They have quite a few less.........
    Freezer is heaving with them.....Ive got weights holding down the lid....

Taking a couple to my daughter who I am sure will put them to good use....On that note...Ta taa for now......Catcha all laters....
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Apr 17, 1:15 PM
    • 27,049 Posts
    • 372,279 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    You have never seen me dash out so quick when I saw this reported on hukd as knew my local had loads last week. My cup of tea is still on the side.

Can confirm the gardenia and peach ate 15p, only the freesia was really cheap last week at 37p none here to see if RTC further.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Apr 17, 1:17 PM
    • 27,049 Posts
    • 372,279 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Couple of other bargains from the roving reporter aka Tiny.

Original source liquorice or ginger 23p each

Apricot shaving gel 87p

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Apr 17, 1:19 PM
    • 27,049 Posts
    • 372,279 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    And what else would TS carry them home in

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 19th Apr 17, 1:21 PM
    • 8,576 Posts
    • 53,972 Thanks
    LEJC
    Well done Tiny...I really do miss having a local SD.
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,742Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin