Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,024Posts
    • 34,653Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3760
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 19th Apr 17, 8:07 AM
    • 49,505 Posts
    • 573,585 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    Di I have just been in waities, will be going back at some point today hopefully fairy 24wash is 3 4 £10 plus my picks so you ff you have money off coupons will be cheap
    Just that I needed to add to my picks and no signal there
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 20
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 19th Apr 17, 8:13 AM
    • 5,458 Posts
    • 67,220 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Lol at Di's eggs
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • PartickThistleNil
    • By PartickThistleNil 19th Apr 17, 8:14 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    PartickThistleNil
    Morning.

Ending today, 3 for £20 beers

Best comparison I can see for buying 3 is the San Miguel v Sainsbobs. £30 v £27. £4.77 each.

Other comparisons would have to be bought in 6s.
    Boddies v Tesco 2 for £16
    Strongbow v Morries 2 for £16
    Bud v Morries 2 for £16
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Thanks issey. The 10 packs of Stella are 3 for £21 in Morrisons on msm and morries.com, so maybe a £27 v £21 comparison for a £8.10 apg. £11.90 for 30 cans sounds pretty good to me!
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 19th Apr 17, 8:15 AM
    • 3,283 Posts
    • 30,683 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Morning all
    Lol at Di's eggs
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Stop laughing at my eggs now I've had an intense training course on tinypic I might venture out and take a photo
    • Anon
    • By Anon 19th Apr 17, 8:17 AM
    • 11,913 Posts
    • 130,844 Thanks
    Anon
    Now that my click snap receipts have all tracked on Quidco, how long does it usually take before the cash can be withdrawn ? I thought it would be like cos and be payable straight away but it seems more like tab. I would appreciate any advice please.
    Originally posted by tbw
    When they change to confirmed it then usually takes a few days (sometimes weeks) - my Celebrations receipt was uploaded yesterday and has now changed to confirmed but not yet payable. An item uploaded on 11/4 is confirmed and payable.

Hth

Anon
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 19th Apr 17, 8:17 AM
    • 4,295 Posts
    • 83,678 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Thanks izzey unfortunately there are no beers there that dh would be interested in. The crisps are still not showing any multis on A website, not sure if that means anything.

Having a trip to waities on Thursday and I was wondering if there were any fabulous offers on there at the moment.

We've had plenty of bird activity in the garden, lots of birds making lots of nests, why suddenly this year I really don't know because nothing has changed. Wrens have made nests in two boxes, blue Tits in one and a blackbird made a nest in the bay tree which had three eggs in it. She would fly off every morning when i went to peg the washing out which gave me a chance for a quick look anyway one day she didnt fly off but i could see she wasn't on the nest and when I looked the eggs were gone. We had a Magpie nest three gardens down which has been mobbed by a parliament of crows who have now moved in. We'll be lucky if any birds stay.
    Anyway the blackbird has now starting making a nest right outside the back door which will be interesting. Dh was having a look last night when he said so is the other nest empty still I followed him down the garden and watched him saying, I can't see it. So I pointed to where it was and when I looked in I said I cannot believe my eyes there were three tiny blue eggs in there, it was only when I realised dh was nearly on the floor with laughing that they were tiny Easter eggs and he had put them there.......planning my revenge as we speak.........
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

Di the crisps have gone into a new link save offer this morning, 3 for £3.00 Now 118 items.

It is showing online for me and discount does come off when added to shop.

Worth a check as maybe showing different things, in different browsers. It wouldn't be the first time.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 19th Apr 17, 8:19 AM
    • 3,283 Posts
    • 30,683 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Morning all
    Di I have just been in waities, will be going back at some point today hopefully fairy 24wash is 3 4 £10 plus my picks so you ff you have money off coupons will be cheap
    Just that I needed to add to my picks and no signal there
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks bubbs I've got some conditional spends and Dd is using this so I'll have a look now
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 19th Apr 17, 8:23 AM
    • 2,456 Posts
    • 37,473 Thanks
    wendyak
    Morning gang
    have you seen the currency rates this morning
    • Anon
    • By Anon 19th Apr 17, 8:25 AM
    • 11,913 Posts
    • 130,844 Thanks
    Anon
    Di the crisps have gone into a new link save offer this morning, 3 for £3.00 Now 118 items.

Worth a check as maybe showing different things, in different browsers. It wouldn't be the first time.
    Showing 3 for £3 on the A app for me. Oddly MSM is still showing 2 for £2 (I m ow they don't use this for APG but may suggest the old offer was still there this morning for a while ... or just a delayed refresh of data!). Edit 9am - 3 for £3 now showing on MSM too.

I have enough so will not be checking - these end of multi glitches rarely go into another day.

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 19-04-2017 at 9:02 AM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 19th Apr 17, 8:26 AM
    • 4,295 Posts
    • 83,678 Thanks
    izzeyb
    I got the small individual Caramel eggs and Lindor eggs this lunch time in smaller Sainsbobs 25p each. 5 pack of creme eggs was 90p (tried to find them in Aldi for 79p but nothing left at all). They had quite a lot of stock left compared to the bigger Sainsbobs store. How right this is, will remain to be seen tomorrow - young SA restocking said everything left in the morning is going to 70% off.

Just going to sainsbobs now to check if the young SA was right about big reductions on remaining easter chocs/cakes today
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 19th Apr 17, 8:29 AM
    • 49,505 Posts
    • 573,585 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks bubbs I've got some conditional spends and Dd is using this so I'll have a look now
    Make sure you add 24 wash as 16 is on my pick as well, don't forget to confirm
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 20
    • Anon
    • By Anon 19th Apr 17, 8:29 AM
    • 11,913 Posts
    • 130,844 Thanks
    Anon
    Received a Wilkinson razor in the post today.
    Thanks to TM for posting.
    I now have a free razor as i didn't participate in the sharpie shopping.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I didn't . I got an email saying they had all been given out (... to Elite ) but they sent me a £4 off voucher for use on their website against one - no way would i be paying that much for one, even after the voucher!

Anon
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 19th Apr 17, 8:31 AM
    • 3,283 Posts
    • 30,683 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts

It's still showing as 2 for £2 on mine izzey.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 19th Apr 17, 8:34 AM
    • 3,283 Posts
    • 30,683 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Apr 17, 8:40 AM
    • 28,419 Posts
    • 408,783 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Back to normal time at work

Stop laughing at my eggs now I've had an intense training course on tinypic I might venture out and take a photo
    Good luck Di looking forward to pic this afternoon when I get home from work
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 19th Apr 17, 8:40 AM
    • 11,913 Posts
    • 130,844 Thanks
    Anon
    ever had that sinking feeling once youve paid for your shopping, then you see one of your fillers still in the basket. that happened tonight.but turned out ok.

i did think the wotsits and quavers would have compared to tesco at £1, oh well cant win them all. i used wombles and paid 24p cash. i got a £4.72 apg back. thanks tom izzey and testers as i was stuck at work.

10 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x ASDA Smartprice Dish Cloths (5pk) £0.73 N/A
    1x Walkers Quavers Cheese Snacks (6x16g) £1.45 £1.50
    3x Jacob's Crinklys Variety Pack (7x25g) £4.95 £3.00
    3x Jacob's Original Mini Cheddars (7x25g) £4.95 £3.00
    1x ASDA Smartprice Sponge Scourers (8pk) £0.40 N/A
    1x Walkers Wotsits Really Cheesy Snacks (6x16.5) £1.45 £1.50
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.09
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10

same shop

11 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Smartprice Dish Cloths (5pk) £0.73 £0.74
    1x Walkers Quavers Cheese Snacks (6x16g) £1.45 £1.50
    3x Jacob's Crinklys Variety Pack (7x25g) £4.95 £5.43
    3x Jacob's Original Mini Cheddars (7x25g) £4.95 £5.43
    1x ASDA Smartprice Sponge Scourers (8pk) £0.40 N/A
    1x Walkers Wotsits Really Cheesy Snacks (6x16.5) £1.45 £1.50
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.09
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I messed up with a couple of Quavers in a. vT shop too . It looks like while the £1 in T offer ended and the old price was retained in the APG for some crisps, for these they were full price and were just going to £1.

Ah well, they will be eaten.

Anon
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Apr 17, 8:41 AM
    • 28,419 Posts
    • 408,783 Thanks
    tweets
    That was quick lovely pic

Glad you now know how to post pics
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 19th Apr 17, 8:42 AM
    • 18,388 Posts
    • 194,842 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, glorious sunshine here again.

Still waiting for the downpour we need, but the fire risk locally has been downgraded.

It is rather strange, so many people saying the fires must have been started intentionally because it has not been hot enough or dry enough for fires. Sorry, but those people are mad, or have not been out for a walk on the land. It is bone dry, long standing puddles (more like lakes) that we have been avoiding for literally years (clay land so only way they really go is evaporation) are gone. All it takes is a spark off a piece of dropped glass or chewing gum foil, or a cigarette thrown out of a car window.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Apr 17, 8:42 AM
    • 28,419 Posts
    • 408,783 Thanks
    tweets
    That's me caught up time for walkies see you laters bye
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 19th Apr 17, 8:43 AM
    • 7,299 Posts
    • 113,712 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Morning all . hope the elite are well. Xx

Tweets so pleased they sorted D's mole out .x

Sarah hope oh is a bit better today. Did you go to Allt Wen that's a lovely little hospital , staff are really nice xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,509Posts Today

7,531Users online

Martin's Twitter