Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,943Posts
    • 34,466Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3759
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Apr 17, 9:25 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,045 Thanks
    bubbs
    Got there in the end! I usually place an order for early on each account, upon getting the update, I then place the order again. Later on go to locker and collect all 4 orders.
    Originally posted by simpson100
    Ahhhh thanks

Bubbs my dad had huge problems with the pricking tests - it took him a while to work out that it worked better if he used the side of his finger at the top instead of the pad bit - I don't know which part you're trying from but it might be useful x
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Yes was doing sides as not supposed to use pads, but been ok today thanks, hope you are ok?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • Anon
    • By Anon 18th Apr 17, 9:31 PM
    • 11,761 Posts
    • 129,424 Thanks
    Anon
    Got there in the end! I usually place an order for early on each account, upon getting the update, I then place the order again. Later on go to locker and collect all 4 orders.
    I understood that bit, 10 returns £85 on the APG - 2 would give you £170 losing £70 as APG is capped at £100 ... unless of course you have ordered 1 to cash in this month and 1 for May, in which case be careful when spending the vouchers that you don't do too many shops and lose the "May" shop. Also be careful they don't link your accounts, which I believe some people have experienced on here.

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 18th Apr 17, 9:34 PM
    • 11,761 Posts
    • 129,424 Thanks
    Anon
    Thank you N1LDA for the crisp glitch - stocks replenished for a while as I have bought "a few" .

Anon
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 18th Apr 17, 9:35 PM
    • 14,125 Posts
    • 222,795 Thanks
    zippydooda
    ever had that sinking feeling once youve paid for your shopping, then you see one of your fillers still in the basket. that happened tonight.but turned out ok.

i did think the wotsits and quavers would have compared to tesco at £1, oh well cant win them all. i used wombles and paid 24p cash. i got a £4.72 apg back. thanks tom izzey and testers as i was stuck at work.

10 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x ASDA Smartprice Dish Cloths (5pk) £0.73 N/A
    1x Walkers Quavers Cheese Snacks (6x16g) £1.45 £1.50
    3x Jacob's Crinklys Variety Pack (7x25g) £4.95 £3.00
    3x Jacob's Original Mini Cheddars (7x25g) £4.95 £3.00
    1x ASDA Smartprice Sponge Scourers (8pk) £0.40 N/A
    1x Walkers Wotsits Really Cheesy Snacks (6x16.5) £1.45 £1.50
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.09
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10

same shop

11 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Smartprice Dish Cloths (5pk) £0.73 £0.74
    1x Walkers Quavers Cheese Snacks (6x16g) £1.45 £1.50
    3x Jacob's Crinklys Variety Pack (7x25g) £4.95 £5.43
    3x Jacob's Original Mini Cheddars (7x25g) £4.95 £5.43
    1x ASDA Smartprice Sponge Scourers (8pk) £0.40 N/A
    1x Walkers Wotsits Really Cheesy Snacks (6x16.5) £1.45 £1.50
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.09
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Apr 17, 9:36 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,045 Thanks
    bubbs
    I understood that bit, 10 returns £85 on the APG - 2 would give you £170 losing £70 as APG is capped at £100 ... unless of course you have ordered 1 to cash in this month and 1 for May, in which case be careful when spending the vouchers that you don't do too many shops and lose the "May" shop. Also be careful they don't link your accounts, which I believe some people have experienced on here.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    4 seperate accounts
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • simpson100
    • By simpson100 18th Apr 17, 9:42 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    simpson100

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Yes this is true on each account I've been doing one for current month, claim e voucher then use that purchase next month's, certainly since the increase to £9.50 I've over 20 accounts so not had any problems with losing vouchers or merging of accounts ( 6 different cards ) Christ knows how they've not Cottened on. Thanks to the elite the food banks are full around here.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 18th Apr 17, 9:45 PM
    • 27,151 Posts
    • 373,232 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I've used the Currency Club a few times in the past. Rates have always been very competitive and the service has always been good, can't vouch for any others though.
    Originally posted by redfox
    Redfox please do you know if the currency club charge a fee for using a debit card? I have read some reviews that say they do now but can't find it in their T&Cs. I don't do online banking so not sure if bank transfer will be possible. Their rate for the amount I want to exchange is pretty favourable at the moment.

EDIT: I have found it it's 0.25%
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 18-04-2017 at 9:56 PM.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Apr 17, 9:51 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,045 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yes this is true on each account I've been doing one for current month, claim e voucher then use that purchase next month's, certainly since the increase to £9.50 I've over 20 accounts so not had any problems with losing vouchers or merging of accounts ( 6 different cards ) Christ knows how they've not Cottened on. Thanks to the elite the food banks are full around here.
    20? have you got a brass neck too?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Apr 17, 9:55 PM
    • 32,566 Posts
    • 439,053 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Received a Wilkinson razor in the post today.
    Thanks to TM for posting.
    I now have a free razor as i didn't participate in the sharpie shopping.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Ooh I got one too
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • simpson100
    • By simpson100 18th Apr 17, 10:00 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    simpson100
    20? have you got a brass neck too?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Hmmmmm tub of brasso has been known to be in the order.

As I'm using the lockers, and never see a human it's easier to get a brass neck
    • redfox
    • By redfox 18th Apr 17, 10:07 PM
    • 11,943 Posts
    • 34,466 Thanks
    redfox
    Redfox please do you know if the currency club charge a fee for using a debit card?
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I see you have found the answer

I use bank transfer when I do it which doesn't attract a fee. You can always arrange a bank transfer in your bank branch if you don't do online banking.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Apr 17, 10:20 PM
    • 32,566 Posts
    • 439,053 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I told a little fib earlier. I did manage to dip into the thread earlier at work as I was trying to see if the crisps worked.

I read a full page from last Thursday before I realised

Unsurprisingly, there were no crisp shops
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 18th Apr 17, 11:43 PM
    • 4,647 Posts
    • 48,987 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Back from DD's where things are moving on quickly and it's getting quite exciting - basically it's the contents of 2 homes going into one, so there's going to be a lot of surplus to attend to and lots of sifting and sorting to be done.

Went to T on the way, all Easter stock sold out, got DD's shopping and had a coupon so got my milk and bread for free.

Snap, I'm glad your Dad can stay at home. Hope he gets better soon.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 43.91

• izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 19th Apr 17, 4:07 AM
    • 4,226 Posts
    • 82,905 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Morning.

Ending today, 3 for £20 beers

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle/820753_2057714.html

Best comparison I can see for buying 3 is the San Miguel v Sainsbobs. £30 v £27. £4.77 each.

Other comparisons would have to be bought in 6s.
    Boddies v Tesco 2 for £16
    Strongbow v Morries 2 for £16
    Bud v Morries 2 for £16

6 for £25 wines

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle/818481_2098373.html

I cant find any comparisons where Asda isn’t already the cheapest
    As it's 4.00 am I could have missed one so please feel free to check

Del Monte tinned fruit £1 each or 2 for £1.50

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle/661172_1791030.html

Peach slices in syrup and juice, and Pineapple slices and chunks should compare to Sainsbobs 80p. 47p each.

Kinder Surprise Chocolate Egg 77p each or 3 for £2.00.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=kinder%20eggs

Should compare to 65p in Sainsbobs. 48p each.

Kellogg’s Crunch Nut 2 for £5.00 and Grace Soups Asda already cheapest and ‘I am Supergrains’ appears only to be sold in Asda.
    Asda pickled onions/beetroot/red cabbage - very small apg on red cabbage and even smaller apg on couple of the onions. Not enough to do a shop for (if they do compare)

Check offer comes off at till/price they scan through at in case price drops later and don't shop too early - not exactly sure of what time is too early though
    Last edited by izzeyb; 19-04-2017 at 5:17 AM.
    • tbw
    • By tbw 19th Apr 17, 7:08 AM
    • 4,720 Posts
    • 53,565 Thanks
    tbw
    Now that my click snap receipts have all tracked on Quidco, how long does it usually take before the cash can be withdrawn ? I thought it would be like cos and be payable straight away but it seems more like tab. I would appreciate any advice please.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 19th Apr 17, 7:11 AM
    • 3,242 Posts
    • 30,281 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Thanks izzey unfortunately there are no beers there that dh would be interested in. The crisps are still not showing any multis on A website, not sure if that means anything.

Having a trip to waities on Thursday and I was wondering if there were any fabulous offers on there at the moment.

We've had plenty of bird activity in the garden, lots of birds making lots of nests, why suddenly this year I really don't know because nothing has changed. Wrens have made nests in two boxes, blue Tits in one and a blackbird made a nest in the bay tree which had three eggs in it. She would fly off every morning when i went to peg the washing out which gave me a chance for a quick look anyway one day she didnt fly off but i could see she wasn't on the nest and when I looked the eggs were gone. We had a Magpie nest three gardens down which has been mobbed by a parliament of crows who have now moved in. We'll be lucky if any birds stay.
    Anyway the blackbird has now starting making a nest right outside the back door which will be interesting. Dh was having a look last night when he said so is the other nest empty still I followed him down the garden and watched him saying, I can't see it. So I pointed to where it was and when I looked in I said I cannot believe my eyes there were three tiny blue eggs in there, it was only when I realised dh was nearly on the floor with laughing that they were tiny Easter eggs and he had put them there.......planning my revenge as we speak.........
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 19th Apr 17, 7:38 AM
    • 3,555 Posts
    • 46,522 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Thanks to izzey b Got 6 packs but could not recall all the details

Di You made me giggle this morning

Enjoy whatever you do
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 19th Apr 17, 7:45 AM
    • 4,647 Posts
    • 48,987 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 43.91

• MKS
    • By MKS 19th Apr 17, 7:50 AM
    • 9,556 Posts
    • 146,941 Thanks
    MKS
    Update on DS mole.

He had appointment at hospital 10am today.

Today they removed the mole .

Cant write what I want someone will turn it around .

I tried twice

He had one stitch put in where they had removed the mole.
    Originally posted by tweets
    That's fantastic news, tweets. x
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 19th Apr 17, 7:54 AM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 37,421 Thanks
    wendyak
    sending (((hugs))))

Just back from hospital in wales OH got Olecranon bursitis his elbow is huge.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    mine too, not much to be done with it if its not infected xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,189Posts Today

5,195Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin