Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,192Posts
    • 34,903Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3758
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Apr 17, 8:46 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,433 Thanks
    bubbs
    Isn't that a weekend offer for next weekend?
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Does that say now bubbs please? I thought it was this coming weekend special offer. thanks
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Yes sorry weekend offer i have edited post now
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Apr 17, 8:47 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,433 Thanks
    bubbs
    Today I used two accounts but different time slots, best thing about lockers
    Originally posted by simpson100
    But why would you order 20 in each then they only compare 10 and would have gone over limit anyway, but please they are still working, thanks
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th Apr 17, 8:51 PM
    • 9,078 Posts
    • 121,697 Thanks
    altojack
    Thanks TM but that's the bit already sorted, DD found accommodation through the Canadian Uni elective website and reserved back in February a house share with a quite professional. It's a reasonable weekly rent that includes utilities etc.

I'm trying to work out how much she will need each week for other expenses while she is there.

On another note has anyone used any online currency exchange companies, some of the rates seem to good to be true.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    We use FairFX for Euros and American dollars you get next day delivery if you buy before midday. Never had any problem with them. I see that they aren't as high a rate as some on Martins comparison thingy thoug xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 145
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th Apr 17, 8:54 PM
    • 9,078 Posts
    • 121,697 Thanks
    altojack
    My thank you button has done a bunk not had it happen for ages , oh well. I shall just say the words "thank you"

I'd better catch up whilst watching Yorkshire Vet xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 145
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 18th Apr 17, 8:55 PM
    • 15,047 Posts
    • 182,856 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    But why would you order 20 in each then they only compare 10 and would have gone over limit anyway, but please they are still working, thanks
    Originally posted by bubbs
    2 accounts, 2 orders to each account?
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Apr 17, 8:56 PM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,856 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    A v T

1x Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar (5x30g) £1.60 £1.79

Well that's the problem when you are rushing out on a morning and have no internet access during the day

But all the rest compared....nothing different to what's already been posted. Paid for with wombles so all good

Thanks izzeyb
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Apr 17, 8:58 PM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,856 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thanks TM but that's the bit already sorted, DD found accommodation through the Canadian Uni elective website and reserved back in February a house share with a quite professional. It's a reasonable weekly rent that includes utilities etc.

I'm trying to work out how much she will need each week for other expenses while she is there.

On another note has anyone used any online currency exchange companies, some of the rates seem to good to be true.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I must stop skimming

It's not going to be easy to get your stash posted over there
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Apr 17, 8:59 PM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,856 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Trying to decide whether to go and get mini cheddars......hmmmmmm
    Originally posted by Kmet
    Go
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 18th Apr 17, 9:00 PM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 18,852 Thanks
    curl girl
    From darkside
    Valley Spire Family Pack of Mature Cheddar (830g) was £3.79 now £1.99 (£2.40 a Kilo) @ Lidl

This deal starts on Saturday 22nd April and ends on Sunday 23rd April

Valley Spire Family Pack of Mature Cheddar (830g) was £3.79 now £1.99 (£2.40 a Kilo)

(There will be a limit of the number of items you can purchase individually)
    The leaflet states maximum 6 per person bubbs.
    Picked one up today, may have to be out early on Saturday as my store sells out quickly of the weekend offers.

Evening peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,433 Thanks
    bubbs
    2 accounts, 2 orders to each account?
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Ahhhhh ok, im just being thick i think
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Apr 17, 9:02 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,433 Thanks
    bubbs
    The leaflet states maximum 6 per person bubbs.
    Picked one up today, may have to be out early on Saturday as my store sells out quickly of the weekend offers.

Evening peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I /we eat very little cheese i still have some of that rtcc 80p from just after xmas
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 18th Apr 17, 9:02 PM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 18,852 Thanks
    curl girl
    Received a Wilkinson razor in the post today.
    Thanks to TM for posting.
    I now have a free razor as i didn't participate in the sharpie shopping.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 18th Apr 17, 9:03 PM
    • 15,047 Posts
    • 182,856 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I could be wrong... it was confusing

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 18th Apr 17, 9:11 PM
    • 14,401 Posts
    • 242,882 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Dad not taken away

Paramedics stayed for ages & decided he didn't need to go.

Mum wonders now if she was imagining things when he started talking in 'tongues' ... as he is quite 'normal' now
    Next door neighbour - an 'adopted' son ♥ (who was burgled) has come round to sit with Dad ♥
    Lovely man & his wife, who work on designing The Underground extensions, so immediately became Dad's new best friends, Dad is Underground obsessed.
    Thoroughly enjoying the Underground series on C5 - brilliant

Anyway where am I? waffling

The Dr when he came earlier today, said Mum was to ring 999 if he started getting delirious, which is what she did

and relax
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 18th Apr 17, 9:13 PM
    • 3,900 Posts
    • 58,031 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    Please can I ask has anyone ever used kitchen cupboard paint?

Ive just been looking at pics of someones standard 1980s pine doors kitchen which they have done with this paint and it looked very neat.
    They said it had only cost them £20 - well I've just had a count and there are 12 big doors and 12 drawer fronts plus plinths so it would be a much bigger job for us to do 2 coats.

Ive looked on the Wilko website and it seems to be satin finish. Is this OK for kitchen use for washing down?

Also do you need to use primer and what sort of brushes or are small rollers better for the middle sections?

Our kitchen is so ancient now but the door fronts are solid pine, looking very much the worst for wear now. If we replaced the entire kitchen it would have to be the same layout as its a galley kitchen so no room for revamping. Whatever we spent would not make any difference to the selling price of the house. Plus whoever comes along next the first thing they would do would be kitchen removal

(Yes, I am finding my own distraction technique and yes it would depend on a week of good weather for painting outside in the garden
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Don't know if I am allowed to say here but on fb there is a diy on a budget official page. Lots of members (have to ask for add but easy enough) anyway lots on there seem to do this type of kitchen reno so if you join loads of advice and before and after photos. Think if your doors have had a few dings then need a good rub down. Lots of manufacturers do special cupboard paint and can be sealed with a nice varnish for longer lasting.
    Really worth joining. Some of the fads on there are hideous especially all things glitter but you will not find anywhere better for inspiration.

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 18th Apr 17, 9:17 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,786 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I've used the Currency Club a few times in the past. Rates have always been very competitive and the service has always been good, can't vouch for any others though.
    Originally posted by redfox
    Thanks redfox that is one of the ones I have seen with good rate for Canadian dollars but on another comparison site.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 18th Apr 17, 9:20 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,786 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    We use FairFX for Euros and American dollars you get next day delivery if you buy before midday. Never had any problem with them. I see that they aren't as high a rate as some on Martins comparison thingy thoug xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Thanks AJ. Someone else has recommended them to me too.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • simpson100
    • By simpson100 18th Apr 17, 9:21 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 629 Thanks
    simpson100
    Got there in the end! I usually place an order for early on each account, upon getting the update, I then place the order again. Later on go to locker and collect all 4 orders.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 18th Apr 17, 9:22 PM
    • 16,467 Posts
    • 278,357 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Bubbs my dad had huge problems with the pricking tests - it took him a while to work out that it worked better if he used the side of his finger at the top instead of the pad bit - I don't know which part you're trying from but it might be useful x
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 18th Apr 17, 9:22 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,786 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I must stop skimming

It's not going to be easy to get your stash posted over there
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I have already been thinking how many bottles of poo she can take in her luggage. But I am sure she will have more important things she will want to take.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,342Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin