Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,658Posts
    • 33,902Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3753
    • nanx4
    • By nanx4 18th Apr 17, 12:56 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 1,758 Thanks
    nanx4
    2x Walkers Smoky Bacon Crisps (6x25g) £2.90 £2.00
    2x Jacob's Crinklys Variety Pack (7x25g) £3.30 £2.00
    1x Walkers Crinkles Cheddar & Onion Flavour Potato Crisps (6x23g) £1.45 £1.00
    1x Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps (6x25g) £1.45 £1.50

these are my results from this morning v T
    thanks to izzey
    Last edited by nanx4; 18-04-2017 at 1:40 PM.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 18th Apr 17, 12:59 PM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 20,752 Thanks
    Saversue
    Hope you all had a good Easter despite the weather.

Noticed the Covent Garden Soup Vouchers have finished.

Mum is back in Hospital, as she can't eat, drink or take any of her medication and seemed to be in and out of consciousness when the paramedic came yesterday.
    They have her on a drip which should help to rehydrate her, but don't yet know what the problem is.
    Hope they can find out and do something to help.
    I have her sister, my 90 year old aunt (lives 40 miles away and can no longer drive) crying on the phone to me and asking if she is going to be OK, but I don't have the answers.
    • aallank
    • By aallank 18th Apr 17, 1:04 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 19,575 Thanks
    aallank
    Could anyone let me know if they think that the Jacobs crinkles or mini chedders will work vs T if I shop now as the price has gone up in T or should I not risk it?

TIA <3
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th Apr 17, 1:11 PM
    • 8,674 Posts
    • 117,897 Thanks
    altojack
    rockyrose was yesterday's smartest player!

20 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Damnation you made me jump

Mum is back in Hospital, as she can't eat, drink or take any of her medication and seemed to be in and out of consciousness when the paramedic came yesterday.
    They have her on a drip which should help to rehydrate her, but don't yet know what the problem is.
    I have her sister, my 90 year old aunt (lives 40 miles away and can no longer drive) crying on the phone to me and asking if she is going to be OK, but I don't have the answers.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    Sue, I'm immensely sorry to read about mum, she sounds in a bad way just now. I'm sure the hospital will do all they can to make her comfortable.

Your poor aunt bless her, is she the only sibling she has? She must feel useless now she can't drive as her first thought would be to go to her bedside.

You're all in my thoughts right now Sue xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 73
    In 26 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th Apr 17, 1:14 PM
    • 8,454 Posts
    • 52,700 Thanks
    LEJC
    Quick question to all the m&s experts please....

I've got a credit voucher back as I returned some clothing....its for £50 ish .....I'm never going to be able to spend that amount in one go...do they give you a replacement voucher if you spend a lesser amount or not give change......its valid for a year
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    November spend £41.01/£40
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    2017 toiletries 50 out 59 in ...£8.46 spend
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Apr 17, 1:15 PM
    • 4,022 Posts
    • 80,585 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Is it just me or have the prices on the mini chedders / crinkleys gone up to £1.79 at T, not the £1 we need for them to compare to?
    Originally posted by aallank

Probs £1 in store still today, and £1.79 online for delivery tomorrow. Not sure how asda get their pricing for Ts.
    N1LDA
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 18th Apr 17, 1:16 PM
    • 3,366 Posts
    • 44,478 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Sue Such a hard place to be Take care (((hugs)))
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th Apr 17, 1:19 PM
    • 8,674 Posts
    • 117,897 Thanks
    altojack
    Postie been today and brought me my free samples of Rose Hydrating Skincare Ritual from So-Post.

3 small sachets of 1 Hydrating Eye Gel Cream, 1 Deep Hydration Face Serum and 1 Deep Hydration Face Cream.

Not put my totals in signature yet but these will be entered as 3, because there are 3

I haven't been counting toiletries, it's only Face and body stuff, I haven't bought anything in that kind since we started the Grand Clearance . I'm including deodorant and makeup in totals as I seem to have amassed quite a pile 5 mascaras that I've come across so far. It's used daily generally, but I have doubts as to how long they'll stay usable sealed up. We shall see

Out 73
    • aau1
    • By aau1 18th Apr 17, 1:23 PM
    • 18,581 Posts
    • 321,405 Thanks
    aau1

I've got a credit voucher back as I returned some clothing....its for £50 ish .....I'm never going to be able to spend that amount in one go...do they give you a replacement voucher if you spend a lesser amount or not give change......its valid for a year
    Originally posted by LEJC
    You can pay a smaller amount than the value of the gift voucher. When your receipt prints out so does a new credit note for the remaining amount.
    Last edited by aau1; 18-04-2017 at 7:32 PM.
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th Apr 17, 1:24 PM
    • 8,674 Posts
    • 117,897 Thanks
    altojack
    Time for a coffee and puffy feet up see you all later xx

Out 73
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 18th Apr 17, 1:26 PM
    • 19,458 Posts
    • 252,393 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    2x Jacob's Crinklys Variety Pack (7x25g) £3.30 £2.00
    1x Walkers Crinkles Cheddar & Onion Flavour Potato Crisps (6x23g) £1.45 £1.00
    1x Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps (6x25g) £1.45 £1.50

these are my results from this morning v T
    thanks to issey
    Originally posted by nanx4
    What do the Walkers Crinkles compare to against M? TIA.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    M lost list part 2 - page 4, post 145.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 18th Apr 17, 1:27 PM
    • 2,012 Posts
    • 21,568 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    My results from this morning

A v T

1x Jacob's Crinklys Cheese & Onion Flavour 7 Pack (7x25g) £1.65 £1.00
    1x Jacob's Cheese & Onion Mini Cheddars (7x25g) £1.65 N/A
    1x Jacob's Crinklys Variety Pack (7x25g) £1.65 £1.00
    1x Jacob's Original Mini Cheddars (7x25g) £1.65 £1.00

1x ASDA Farm Stores White Potatoes (2.5kg) £1.29 £0.49
    0.43x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.31 £0.30

Couldn't remember if the flavour cheddars worked..It was just the original flavour
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th Apr 17, 1:30 PM
    • 8,454 Posts
    • 52,700 Thanks
    LEJC
    You can pay a smaller amount than the value of the gift voucher. When your receipt prints out so does a new credit note for the remaining amount...also valid for 1 year
    Originally posted by aau1
    Thanks aau....so does that mean I can extend the life of the voucher that prints out as the change...or is that still only valid for the year of the original credit note?
    Jan £41.60/£40
    • Anon
    • By Anon 18th Apr 17, 1:31 PM
    • 11,455 Posts
    • 126,332 Thanks
    Anon
    Presumably it only goes away once it's tracked into your account because I claimed 3 accounts on 1 device one after the other
    That seems to be what is happening - maybe it has been doing it for a while but I have not noticed as I normally upload receipts for all family at the same time? Obviously if i were only uploading my own receipts I wouldn't have noticed anyway .

Anon
    • nanx4
    • By nanx4 18th Apr 17, 1:37 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 1,758 Thanks
    nanx4
    What do the Walkers Crinkles compare to against M? TIA.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    1x Walkers Crinkles Cheddar & Onion Flavour Potato Crisps (6x23g) £1.45 N/A

these also v M
    1x Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps (6x25g) £1.45 £1.00
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 18th Apr 17, 1:39 PM
    • 26,928 Posts
    • 371,160 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Can I ask for some people's ideas on how much a week excluding rent, would be reasonable for someone staying in Vancouver, Canada for couple of months.

It's really difficult to judge when it's not actually a holiday. But while there will want to take advantage of nice things to do.

Thankfully rent includes utilities etc, so that's one less concern.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 18th Apr 17, 1:42 PM
    • 26,928 Posts
    • 371,160 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Hope you all had a Happy Easter.

I was driving on the motorways for much of it. Easter Sunday M25 was a car park around 11am.

But was good to see all the family at some point over the weekend...
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • simone10
    • By simone10 18th Apr 17, 1:46 PM
    • 928 Posts
    • 12,302 Thanks
    simone10
    M&S credit note

You can pay a smaller amount than the value of the gift voucher. When your receipt prints out so does a new credit note for the remaining amount...also valid for 1 year
    Thanks aau....so does that mean I can extend the life of the voucher that prints out as the change...or is that still only valid for the year of the original credit note?

It does NOT extend the date of the credit note. So if you have a £50 credit note dated 1 Sept 2017 and you spend £1. You will get a 'fresh' credit note for £49 but it will be dated 1 Sept 2017.

However if you are getting close to an expiry date you make a single purchase for the full amount and if the item isn't suitable and you need to return it....you get a new credit note with an expiry date 1 year from the date of the return
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th Apr 17, 1:55 PM
    • 8,454 Posts
    • 52,700 Thanks
    LEJC
    Thanks simone....

I think I was more concerned that I would lose the value of the voucher if I could not spend it all in one go...It's good to know I can spend it in dribs and drabs until the year is up.
    Jan £41.60/£40
    • locarr
    • By locarr 18th Apr 17, 1:55 PM
    • 7,649 Posts
    • 136,990 Thanks
    locarr

Originally posted by Saversue

still available here http://newcoventgardensoup.com/what-were-up-to/

Sorry to hear about your Mum (((xx))

Presumably it only goes away once it's tracked into your account because I claimed 3 accounts on 1 device one after the other
    the boxes of crème eggs are now £1 in A's

all their Easter stock has be reduced, £4 eggs are now £2.50, twisted eggs were 50p a pack, the crème eggs easter egg 75p, easter decs 50p also...

Afternoon ALL!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

15Posts Today

3,968Users online

Martin's Twitter