Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,886Posts
    • 34,379Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3466
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 20th Mar 17, 9:27 PM
    • 1,669 Posts
    • 16,339 Thanks
    curl girl
    No wobbles no milk
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Wombles.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 20th Mar 17, 9:31 PM
    • 48,009 Posts
    • 561,856 Thanks
    bubbs
    Wombles.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Knew what you meant
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-2 stone 8 1/2 lb week 13
    • gocat
    • By gocat 20th Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    • 4,577 Posts
    • 51,664 Thanks
    gocat
    Aggghhhh at mys
    it told me Plenty The big one is 2 for £3 at W which is same as A
    but its not
    4x Plenty The Big One Kitchen Roll (each) £6.00 £10.00 A vs W
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 20th Mar 17, 9:44 PM
    • 48,009 Posts
    • 561,856 Thanks
    bubbs
    Aggghhhh at mys
    it told me Plenty The big one is 2 for £3 at W which is same as A
    but its not
    4x Plenty The Big One Kitchen Roll (each) £6.00 £10.00 A vs W
    Originally posted by gocat
    On waities it says 2.50 each
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 20th Mar 17, 9:54 PM
    • 14,028 Posts
    • 239,091 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    And we are home - 12 hours later
    Would of been sooner but we decided to go Rhayader way home as the road is straighter.. The sat nav got rather cross with us & kept insisting we turned around..
    We almost reached Llangurig & the traffic was at a stand still, lashing rain, thunder & lightening, road traffic accident.
    We queued & waited but then were turned around by Police & had to go miles back on ourselves to get to another road.
    Oh how the sat nav gloated
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 20th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    • 48,009 Posts
    • 561,856 Thanks
    bubbs
    And we are home - 12 hours later
    Would of been sooner but we decided to go Rhayader way home as the road is straighter.. The sat nav got rather cross with us & kept insisting we turned around..
    We almost reached Llangurig & the traffic was at a stand still, lashing rain, thunder & lightening, road traffic accident.
    We queued & waited but then were turned around by Police & had to go miles back on ourselves to get to another road.
    Oh how the sat nav gloated
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Just what you needed after a day like today, but then the poor people in the accident didnt want that either
    How are you all? hope it went ok xx
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 20th Mar 17, 10:03 PM
    • 14,028 Posts
    • 239,091 Thanks
    Snap-ant

So UOW hospital, up & down stair cases ???
    It was a PET scan.
    She has to be injected with radio active stuff, then sit or lie still for 1½ hours to get it all around her veins.
    PET scan took ½ hour, backwards & forwards through machine.

My other sister & I had some lovely food in canteen whilst waiting - she had a home made beef burger cooked before her on a rustic roll
    My cheese & onion mash pie was delicious

After scan we set off for Ikea, but sister felt icky so she laid in back of car. She wasn't allowed near children, crowds or pregnant women for 5 hours
    So a whistle through Ikea leaving icky one in car, we got everything for her on her list
    Half way home she gets better & wants chips...

We await the results, could take a week
    Our Family Motto ~

• Soo_Hal
    • By Soo_Hal 20th Mar 17, 10:04 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    Soo_Hal
    hope all is well in the group, Im planning a small target HD from asda to include some razors.....my family seemed to have helped themselves tomy little stash ...what are good fillers for sharpie shop ? or even kid friendly stuff
    I think my pooch is in a mood with me....she is constantly pestered by my 16 month old I'm forever telling him to be gentle....he pats her with shovel hands ...she runs to hide in kitchen I feel so guilty ...she has been fed some nice chicken and is tucked up at my feet ......-_-
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 20th Mar 17, 10:05 PM
    • 32,215 Posts
    • 436,070 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Lots of people have had difficult days

A chink of light....today is the Spring Equinox.....some say the first day of Spring
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 20th Mar 17, 10:06 PM
    • 14,028 Posts
    • 239,091 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Just what you needed after a day like today, but then the poor people in the accident didn't want that either
    How are you all? hope it went ok xx
    I can't find any news regarding accident, we couldn't see that afar ahead to assess the situation.
    Dreadful night for them
    Our Family Motto ~

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 20th Mar 17, 10:11 PM
    • 48,009 Posts
    • 561,856 Thanks
    bubbs
    hope all is well in the group, Im planning a small target HD from asda to include some razors.....my family seemed to have helped themselves tomy little stash ...what are good fillers for sharpie shop ? or even kid friendly stuff
    I think my pooch is in a mood with me....she is constantly pestered by my 16 month old I'm forever telling him to be gentle....he pats her with shovel hands ...she runs to hide in kitchen I feel so guilty ...she has been fed some nice chicken and is tucked up at my feet ......-_-
    Originally posted by Soo_Hal
    Anything smart price is good, pepsi max been ok too hth a little
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 20th Mar 17, 10:13 PM
    • 48,009 Posts
    • 561,856 Thanks
    bubbs

A chink of light....today is the Spring Equinox.....some say the first day of Spring
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    What lashing it down? although sun came out tea time
    Ive booked my seat at the doctors for this week
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• Soo_Hal
    • By Soo_Hal 20th Mar 17, 10:13 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    Soo_Hal
    Thanks Bubbs always comes in handy for visitors I dont really drink fizzy pop....my son is only allowed it occasionally , Im sure people would appreciate it to Tea, Coffee, juice and council pop
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 20th Mar 17, 10:17 PM
    • 48,009 Posts
    • 561,856 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks Bubbs always comes in handy for visitors I dont really drink fizzy pop....my son is only allowed it occasionally , Im sure people would appreciate it to Tea, Coffee, juice and council pop
    I used it at the weekend just have a check, cherry max and normal max i had
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• gocat
    • By gocat 20th Mar 17, 10:18 PM
    • 4,577 Posts
    • 51,664 Thanks
    gocat
    On waities it says 2.50 each
    Oh no. Will no to check there next time
    • gocat
    • By gocat 20th Mar 17, 10:19 PM
    • 4,577 Posts
    • 51,664 Thanks
    gocat

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    And it felt like middle of winter here
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 20th Mar 17, 10:24 PM
    • 13,993 Posts
    • 221,745 Thanks
    zippydooda
    thanks to my mail, via argos
    ill get these 2 for £60
    perfect my our anniversary gift to mrs zippy.

ssm shhhhhhhhh as you know better
    MyMail can exclusively confirm we will soon become the only place you can exchange Nectar points for M&S vouchers.

From August, MyMail will be teaming up with Nectar
    • gocat
    • By gocat 20th Mar 17, 10:24 PM
    • 4,577 Posts
    • 51,664 Thanks
    gocat
    How about
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Fairtrade Bananas (6pk) £1.20 £0.96
    A vs W
    hth
    • Soo_Hal
    • By Soo_Hal 20th Mar 17, 10:24 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    Soo_Hal
    Is it better to check against each website individually or is Mysupermarket still ok?

I've enjoyed(not really) being stuck indoors poorly with a bug the kids shared with me and an afternoon nap!! didn't feel like spring when I stepped out to rubbish in the bin!!
    • Soo_Hal
    • By Soo_Hal 20th Mar 17, 10:26 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    Soo_Hal
    oooh yes actually banana, banana bread, milkshake my boys love them thank you

How about
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Fairtrade Bananas (6pk) £1.20 £0.96
    A vs W
    hth
    Originally posted by gocat
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,706Posts Today

7,770Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: It's been everywhere, so why not here. Which Hogwart's house should you've been in (Ive put key traits to help)...

• Quick favour if uv graduated within around the last year. I could do with pic of a student loan statement (no personal info) inc interest

• RT @ValeOfLevenCU: Why not sign up to @MartinSLewis https://t.co/kxMBedCNNw weekly email for free, impartial tips? #ThriftyThursday http?

• Follow Martin