Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 7:27 PM
    • 11,559Posts
    • 33,683Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 7:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 7:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 8:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3460
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 20th Mar 17, 7:40 AM
    • 4,142 Posts
    • 43,892 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• altojack
    • By altojack 20th Mar 17, 7:55 AM
    • 8,517 Posts
    • 116,363 Thanks
    altojack
    Good morning Elite

Done my catch-up, it didn't take long .

Weather here is dry and no wind but who knows what it may be like later as the sky is very heavy grey clouds. No sign of blue sky in either direction.

NSD for me today, it's a rest day. Must get back into my old routine of rest day, day out then rest day again. There are occasions when this doesn't happen and if it's too often my joints let me know in no uncertain terms.

Hugs and thoughts are with the Elite poorly and low in spirit xx

Right I'm off to websleuths to catch up there, fascinating stuff indeed

See you all later, have a good day shopping and good luck bubbs. You've got nothing to worry about, type 2 is a doddle compared to type 1
    There's no place like home
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 20th Mar 17, 8:04 AM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 233,866 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies
    ♥ Bestest Bubbs

Confession I got diagnosed last year with type 2 but haven't told anyone in real life
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 20th Mar 17, 8:07 AM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 233,866 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Today my sisters & I are going off to Cardiff for sister's 2½ hour full body scan ...

Leaving soon as appt is 1pm

I'm in knots so I hope my sister is coping better ♥
    Our Family Motto ~

• pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 20th Mar 17, 8:08 AM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 32,604 Thanks
    pacifica9

Today my sisters & I are going off to Cardiff for sister's 2½ hour full body scan ...

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Hope all goes as well as possible Snap.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 20th Mar 17, 8:11 AM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 233,866 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player!

28 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 2 : Intermediate

Our Family Motto ~

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 20th Mar 17, 8:14 AM
    • 15,195 Posts
    • 181,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all and needless to say we are awash with rain yet again.

I was AWOL yesterday

Eldest child best mate flew in from Orlando, her first UK visit in 6.5 years since just after graduation.
    - all 3 of them hung around together during the last uni year - eldest child and BF not officially together at that point -

She navigated her way on the train here and we had a lovely day together - went walkies around our local pond, armed with Waitrose coffees and turnock cakes and adored all of the doggies doing circuits as well. Then we went into our little town which still has lots of little old black and white buildings and oozes the history Americans crave - told her about the great fire, the bear getting loose, our "cathedral" parish church, the money donated by QE1 to rebuild the town etc. Then we had hot chocolate in our ye old worlde Neros. Then a drive through the Cheshire countryside.

Then back home we got her hooked on Supervet - the miracle vet who mends very poorly doggies.
    And Benidorm which defies explanation .
    OH made mince and tatties - another new culinary experience.
    Followed by the new "Vera" series

OH took her back to the station this morning en route to work and she has gone back to the airport - direct run train this time and this morning she is off to Paris - she is obsessed with Paris and wants to wake up there on her birthday

My main task today is to try and write some sort of packing list and to get everything out and ready to go for the end of the week - the task seems enormous, even writing the list is going to need several cups of tea ...

Meanwhile I will see what you lot have been up to ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 20th Mar 17, 8:24 AM
    • 45,331 Posts
    • 539,985 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all hope everyone is well.

Sorry I'm missing loads at the min but just wanted to send lots of love to snap, bubbs & Sarah.

I've jus logged on to find a pm which I will reply to soon.

Hope everything goes smooth today bubbs.

Sorry if I've missed anyone which I know I prob have.

Hugs all round lol xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Morning all
    Hope all goes well today bubbs, will be thinking of you.
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Thanks both x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-9 1/2lb
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 20th Mar 17, 8:28 AM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 233,866 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Sister just rang, it has now turned into a trip to IKEA after
    that will be an incentive

I have a birthday £5 voucher from IKEA

Stopping at T K Maxx at Merthyr Tydfil on way home too
    Our Family Motto ~

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 20th Mar 17, 8:28 AM
    • 45,331 Posts
    • 539,985 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good morning.

Aww how lovely.

Bubbs all the best today.

Lets hope today is a better day.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Bubbs, things are never quite as bad as you expect them to be, good luck anyway xx
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Bubbs - hope your day goes well. Thanks for testing sharpies.
    My morning has not started well. Bus was late, therefore, so was I for work. Fortunately only a couple of minutes.
    Have a good day all.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Thanks all, just catching up before I go in work was a bit early
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-9 1/2lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 20th Mar 17, 8:32 AM
    • 45,331 Posts
    • 539,985 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good morning Elite

Done my catch-up, it didn't take long .

Weather here is dry and no wind but who knows what it may be like later as the sky is very heavy grey clouds. No sign of blue sky in either direction.

NSD for me today, it's a rest day. Must get back into my old routine of rest day, day out then rest day again. There are occasions when this doesn't happen and if it's too often my joints let me know in no uncertain terms.

Hugs and thoughts are with the Elite poorly and low in spirit xx

Right I'm off to websleuths to catch up there, fascinating stuff indeed

See you all later, have a good day shopping and good luck bubbs. You've got nothing to worry about, type 2 is a doddle compared to type 1
    Originally posted by altojack
    Thanks yes I know, but it's the unknown
    ♥ Bestest Bubbs

Confession I got diagnosed last year with type 2 but haven't told anyone in real life
    Thanks, I have told you lot my sister and my hubby, no one else needs to know

Wishing you the very best, see mine is nothing compared to this yet I still get myself in a tangle
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-9 1/2lb
    • locarr
    • By locarr 20th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    • 7,582 Posts
    • 136,352 Thanks
    locarr
    Morning ALL!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 20th Mar 17, 8:45 AM
    • 3,587 Posts
    • 70,657 Thanks
    Chrisv
    bubbs, sharpies good to go
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 20th Mar 17, 8:46 AM
    • 15,195 Posts
    • 181,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    On the minus side Errant youngest son is being a right pain in the rear.

Firstly he was messaging eldest child and her BF from 6 on Sunday morning - mithering and worrying them, the week before the wedding.

He has a date for his 2nd tribunal which is good in that they have not drawn it out but its for the week after the wedding. He can take a colleague or trade union member with him. He is not in a trade union and I don't know how feasible getting a colleague to go with him at this late notice is.
    Eldest childs BF helped him compose a response letter, took him an entire Sunday 2 weeks ago and this was emailed off. BF has been an absolute godsend helping errant son with this, advice and his expertise, mostly falling on deaf ears though.

2nd problem - Errant son is not getting back into the UK until very late Friday afternoon. He wanted to know what station it was to get a train going north. Eldest child has told him, also how expensive Friday afternoon trains are and even if he got a later train they are not much better. She also had to ring the restaurant and take his name off the list for the rehearsal dinner as whatever train he takes he wont arrive until very late, one of us will have to leave the rehearsal dinner to collect him from the station. So sometime Friday night he will arrive having travelled for about 2 days - bus, 2 or 3 planes, underground and train, unwashed, unshaved and unfed etc...

3rd problem - Errant son was also messaging me early yesterday and he said he had a blazer, shirt and tie in his "vehicle" . I don't know where the vehicle is but its not at the airport or at the train station. So he will be travelling north with what clothes he has with him. Eldest child seems to think he has his suit with him. Errant son says he does not have a blazer with him so I've no idea what he does and does not have.
    Eldest middle son got a suit for a wedding last year which he did not wear in the end but that is still here in a suit carrier so that will have to go in the car with us - its not a suit I like but it cant be helped. Its just fortunate that some of the boys clothes are still here - just got to find a choice of white shirts and maybe some of OHs silk ties - this is my first job today even before I think about our own packing so I can stop eldest child worrying. Not that this suit will get any approval - or the shirts and ties but its the best I can make of a bad job. Also eldest son will be annoyed with having his suit borrowed but that I will have to deal with later...

There are a few coming up from London for the wedding so there is a vague possibility Errant son might get a lift back south on Sunday, otherwise it will be the train again unless we do a massive detour when we go home

Also no idea where Errant son will be sleeping on Friday, Saturday, Sunday etc - we have an airbandb house but it will be full on Friday so I need to take extra bedding, duvet, pillows etc incase he ends up with us and sleeping on the floor ...

deep sigh ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 20th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 15,195 Posts
    • 181,762 Thanks
    mhoc

2 1/2 hour body scan - very grim but at least they have slotted her in very quickly and it will be one big job out of the way - and Ikea will go some way to make up for it
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 20th Mar 17, 8:54 AM
    • 15,195 Posts
    • 181,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    I will swop my DS2 for your eldest son!

He went out last night, stating that he was coming home and has not returned....just seen a photo on Facebook drinking orange wine..... that explains the empty bed!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Can I swap your orange wine drinking son for my errant son - he has to have a suit though
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 20th Mar 17, 8:54 AM
    • 3,314 Posts
    • 43,849 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Just skimming past but hope both bubbs and snaps' sister get on ok today
    Frugal Feb £60 for 2 Forgot about S bonus swipe so will need to rethink. May just ignore S spend as it will be mostly wine for a future party

Decided on £100 for Feb and March Cant get DH to buy in completely and have APGS to use up
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 20th Mar 17, 8:59 AM
    • 3,395 Posts
    • 17,383 Thanks
    mrs lds
    bubbs, sharpies good to go
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Please can you explain the sharpies? I've seen lots of posts but cant fathom out where from and what to get. Tia x
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 20th Mar 17, 9:06 AM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 32,604 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Please can you explain the sharpies? I've seen lots of posts but cant fathom out where from and what to get. Tia x
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    1x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £5.00 £1.00 (A v W)
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • rose28454
    • By rose28454 20th Mar 17, 9:31 AM
    • 4,589 Posts
    • 46,212 Thanks
    rose28454
    1 week after the flooding and things are moving along nicely. Loss adjustor came on Friday and did a report. He said they will give me £10.00 per day for evening meal whilst I am in the hotel but will deduct it from my £350.00 excess initially. They are looking at a 2-3 month let for me as the projected dates are end of April for house to be dry and end of June for completion of works.
    Surveyor called me 1st thing and is coming with a building company tommorow to look what needs doing and to check if kitchen ceiling has asbestos in it as it may need to come down.
    He asked me on Friday if I wanted to get quotes for the work and carpets etc or if I wanted them to manage it all. I said I would rather they did it and he said they would appoint a project manager to oversee the job. I need to keep samples of the carpets when they pull them up so they can organise like for like replacements.
    Cleaning company just called to say they have logged my job and will be in touch shortly to arrange collection of all my clothes, curtains and contents of my airing cupboard to be laundered, I am in a bit of a quandary about this as I was about to dispose of some of my airing cupboard things so dont know what to do. Do I clear the cupboard myself before they come and dispose of some of the things or do I just leave it for them to clean everything?
    Quite pleased that even though my insurance for this year only cost £99.00 it seems to be a good policy and I am impressed with all they have done so far.

I went to my sisters at the weekend to look at her insurance policy and she pays nearly £900.00 per year through NFU and when I did a comparison online she could get it down to £184.00 with the AA. Told her to call NFU this morning and ask for a discount as she has only just renewed it and if not to cancel and go elsewhere. I also called SKY for her and got her bill down from £80.00 to £47.60 per month for 18 months. Admittedly she lost bits of her package but they were bits she did not want. Then when I got back I called Sky and told them I wouldnt be needing TV or broadband for 3 months and they reduced my bill from £59.00 to £32.00 for 18 months also. Very MSE of me.

Slept very badly last night ( all this worry I think ) so I am at work but exhausted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,792Posts Today

5,097Users online

Martin's Twitter