Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 7:27 PM
    • 11,545Posts
    • 33,669Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 7:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 7:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 8:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3456
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 19th Mar 17, 6:09 PM
    • 14,103 Posts
    • 175,306 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Our sat nav has been known to send us up footpaths
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    My first few experiences with satnavs have been horrendous.

1. Ended up in Bradford - should have been in York.
    2. Ended up in Newcastle - should have been in Ripon.

That god they have got better ... or maybe I can just work them now!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 19th Mar 17, 6:14 PM
    • 45,244 Posts
    • 539,104 Thanks
    bubbs
    Will be when you start SW
    Originally posted by tweets
    Nothing new then
    Sis just gone we had a nice roast, brought Willow and Bramble with her
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 19th Mar 17, 6:15 PM
    • 2,128 Posts
    • 28,856 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    Ooo nice!

I'm thinking of getting one of those. Can I ask some questions about it?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Of course!
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 19th Mar 17, 6:17 PM
    • 2,128 Posts
    • 28,856 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    If you have the sat nav beware it lies. In some places doesn't know its left from its right

V x
    Originally posted by vanilla twist
    I have to admit that I struggle sometimes. I read a news article once that said if you didn't know your Left from your Right by the time you were 7, then you would never grasp it.
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 19th Mar 17, 6:17 PM
    • 2,128 Posts
    • 28,856 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    It's very difficult to fill a petrol with diesel as you can't fit the nozzle in the tank.
    Originally posted by henrik777
    I didn't know that.

My golf was my first car. So I've only ever used the diesel pump.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 19th Mar 17, 6:18 PM
    • 5,932 Posts
    • 80,440 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    We lost one of our lovely girls today
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Sorry to hear this .

Nothing new then
    Sis just gone we had a nice roast, brought Willow and Bramble with her
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Ha ha just read that as you had nice toast

Received a card from post office while we been away over weekend, saying cant deliver a parcel as sender not paid correct postage. Thing is I havnt ordered anything

Being stingy dont want to pay it because I dont know what it is .
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    189.15 March
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 19th Mar 17, 6:19 PM
    • 45,244 Posts
    • 539,104 Thanks
    bubbs
    Sorry to hear this .

Received a card from post office while we been away over weekend, saying cant deliver a parcel as sender not paid correct postage. Thing is I havnt ordered anything

Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Yes splashed out and had toast
    I think you can ask to look at parcel/letter before you decide if you want it
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 19th Mar 17, 6:30 PM
    • 17,397 Posts
    • 187,100 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Sorry to hear this .

Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    You can always have a look (but not open it) before you pay - it could be a prize!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 19th Mar 17, 6:45 PM
    • 19,430 Posts
    • 252,105 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Frozen continued
    [...]
    Ballineen Chip Shop Style Irish Sausages in Batter (6 per pack - 300g)£1.00
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    As usual, I am now just coming to the main part of the updating - I mentioned these had gone down to 50p RTC a few days ago - after months of being on the list when they were £1 - but, to be fair to me, I did always have that 'eek' symbol against the £1 price.

Completely separately, there was a suggestion early on that the fresh apricots, which had vanished from stores for me, may have come back into M again. I deleted them from the list last time. Now I have a £1 offer label, although with an OOS label on it, that I don't recall being there before - there was no stock and I haven't seen any for months - but, with the offer label, maybe the apricots have come back again and sold out before I visited. I think not though: I have found no indication of the apricots in further stores and I don't think that M currently has them. Surely this is wrong - I can't ever think they don't have stuff that I simply don't find - if someone somewhere may have them but I don't think anyone does have apricots in M do you? I think the £1 offer label and OOS label is more of a red herring than an indication that the apricots really are around.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    M lost list part 2 - page 4, post 145.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 19th Mar 17, 6:53 PM
    • 19,430 Posts
    • 252,105 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    My first few experiences with satnavs have been horrendous.

1. Ended up in Bradford - should have been in York.
    2. Ended up in Newcastle - should have been in Ripon.

That god they have got better ... or maybe I can just work them now!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Gosh, that's even worse than my map-reading. I don't use Sat Navs - for me, even installing them is too much and defeats me (my disability does have certain disadvantages though I can't blame everything on that) - I could probably fit a Sat Nav if I put aside the time and got the instructions out but it's too hard, I stick with the old style of reading maps (just old and familiar, tried and tested and don't see any need to change - I don't have an MP3 player or I-Pod either - I have no clue how either works - but stick with CDs and I don't have a mobile phone). Occasionally, I make wrong turns and fail to find where I should be (sometimes I give up after circling around a town or city several times) but I've never been as far out as your journeys have been! I think I would normally realise if I was far out - but then I am reading the signs and looking for the last road I remembered from the map although I have been around 10 miles wrongly before, usually on A roads where you can't turn around and I made a wrong turn.

If you're driving an HGV, for example, you should not slavishly follow a Sat Nav as they have been known to take people down inappropriate routes where lorries etc. cannot go/are difficult to turn around and, even if you have a car, in some cases, if you follow some Sat Navs literally, you could end up driving over a cliff.

Tbh, I don't know how you could not realise that you were heading in the direction of Bradford when you wanted to go to York (unless you were travelling from the opposite side of Bradford in the first place and thus were going in the right direction but had several tens of miles to go, to get to York). I mean travelling in the wrong direction - I don't know how you could not realise that, until you had got to the wrong city quite some distance away from where you wanted. But then my knowledge of where places are in the UK is fairly good. Some people might not know how I could not know how to fit a Sat Nav.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 19-03-2017 at 7:07 PM.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    M lost list part 2 - page 4, post 145.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 19th Mar 17, 7:34 PM
    • 5,932 Posts
    • 80,440 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Yes splashed out and had toast
    I think you can ask to look at parcel/letter before you decide if you want it
    You can always have a look (but not open it) before you pay - it could be a prize!
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Only problem with that is post office is 10 miles away in opposite direction to anywhere I go.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    189.15 March
    • aau1
    • By aau1 19th Mar 17, 7:37 PM
    • 18,484 Posts
    • 320,466 Thanks
    aau1
    Mr AJ is staying on the lottie a while longer, clearing up the leaves that blew all over his nice neatly dug soil. I didn't think they'd blow that far when I tipped them out.

I'm off home then, I'm cold, he's grumpy
    Originally posted by altojack
    I read lottie as toilet
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 19th Mar 17, 7:42 PM
    • 14,103 Posts
    • 175,306 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Gosh, that's even worse than my map-reading.

Tbh, I don't know how you could not realise that you were heading in the direction of Bradford when you wanted to go to York (unless you were travelling from the opposite side of Bradford in the first place and thus were going in the right direction but had several tens of miles to go, to get to York). I mean travelling in the wrong direction - I don't know how you could not realise that, until you had got to the wrong city quite some distance away from where you wanted. But then my knowledge of where places are in the UK is fairly good. Some people might not know how I could not know how to fit a Sat Nav.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I really have no idea of where anything is in the UK....... I can walk in a shop and when I come out I am totally lost!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Tinasmummy
    • By Tinasmummy 19th Mar 17, 7:45 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 1,004 Thanks
    Tinasmummy
    TS2, it has taken me a while to reply because I was in a very similar situation to you. After 10 days in hospital I was 2 stone lighter and had a colostomy and consultant was showing me photos of 2 people lifting the 'cyst' out of my stomach6 months later though the colostomy was reversed
    In the mean time I discovered (11+) Elit. Driving for the first time since op I stopped in a T's car park thinking they can't really get posh boxes of chocs for a quid, then Martin came on the radio talking about it so in I went and bought 3!
    The rest, as they say is history, I now follow the elite thread avidly, have a hernia following the various 'repair' ops, put the 2 stone back on, am cancer clear and have retired.
    Originally posted by pippo
    Aww Pippo you have been thru it haven't you,
    I know what a colostomy can be like as my husband had one after being rushed to a&e in excruciating pain and being mis diagnosed by a junior doctor as having a chest infection!! His can't be reversed due to other health probs and I know it takes a lot of adjusting, I'm glad you were able to have your's reversed.

I'm quite perverse and would love to have seen a pic of my tumour,

Like you I kinda found the Elite around the time of my illness and I had lots of time to read the thread and others on the site. I tried to follow but lots of it went right over my head lol.
    I am trying hard now tho
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Mar 17, 7:47 PM
    • 30,469 Posts
    • 421,012 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening paw sniffers
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Mar 17, 7:50 PM
    • 30,469 Posts
    • 421,012 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning all,
    The birds are tweeting this morning, through a megaphone, by the noise outside.
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    I've got one wakes me up every morning. It sounds like something stuck in the spokes of a wheel.
    It goes T...T....T...T....T....T

Di will know

BTW....I am being serious
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Mar 17, 7:51 PM
    • 30,469 Posts
    • 421,012 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    now we are wondering what it is you have done.

Have you got a good cruise deal? Have you had a premium bond cheque? Or a scratch card win? Or a Mr Tosser twine delivery? Or is there a stork arrival due?
    Originally posted by mhoc
    He's probably in love or something like that
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Mar 17, 7:53 PM
    • 30,469 Posts
    • 421,012 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thank you. I've asked to be notified when back in stock
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Mar 17, 7:56 PM
    • 30,469 Posts
    • 421,012 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    FREE ON COS 1 DAY ONLY AT S
    Real Handful snacks 40g
    Mr Crumb sage & onion stuffing tray THIS IS A AS WELL
    None in my A

No Mikado chocolates either but I did get 10p whoopsies. You'll be relieved to know that they were put away before I could take a pic

I was especially happy with a bag of basil for 10p
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Mar 17, 8:00 PM
    • 30,469 Posts
    • 421,012 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thank you

No, we are allowed to let them out now she was perfectly fine a couple of hours earlier. That's what makes it so we had to bring one of the others home for a week a few weeks ago but that was for her own safety and she went back with the others with no trouble or ill effects
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    So sorry to hear that its more common than you think. One died in front of my eyes and I wasn't even aware she was going Usually it's a heart attack. In my case she had become soaked through in the rain, her body temperature dropped and she went very quickly. I could have saved her but didn't realise
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

276Posts Today

3,781Users online

Martin's Twitter