Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,867Posts
    • 34,338Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3455
    • altojack
    • By altojack 19th Mar 17, 4:06 PM
    • 8,880 Posts
    • 119,924 Thanks
    altojack
    So I'm at the lottie, watching Mr AJ spreading his leaves and digging them in It's still windy here

I said I'd go with him but I'd take iPad and sit and watch him. I wonder if the pub next door know I can connect to their wifi from here

The wind had dropped, that's why I came out again but it's cold now and blustery. Loads of leaves flying around
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 109
    In 39 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • pippo
    • By pippo 19th Mar 17, 4:13 PM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 27,072 Thanks
    pippo
    yes very true, it turned out to be a huge fibroid 7lbs in weight but I had other problems including a hemaglobin level of 3 when it should have been 14 so I was very poorly. I had to have a hysterectomy and was off work ill for nearly a year. Being so ill the weight just dropped off so I didn't have to diet as such. I was in hospital for weeks and hospital food is awful so that alone helped with the weight loss lol!!

)
    Originally posted by Tinasmummy
    TS2, it has taken me a while to reply because I was in a very similar situation to you. After 10 days in hospital I was 2 stone lighter and had a colostomy and consultant was showing me photos of 2 people lifting the 'cyst' out of my stomach6 months later though the colostomy was reversed
    In the mean time I discovered (11+) Elite. Driving for the first time since op I stopped in a T's car park thinking they can't really get posh boxes of chocs for a 1p, then Martin came on the radio talking about it so in I went and bought 3!
    The rest, as they say is history, I now follow the elite thread avidly, have a hernia following the various 'repair' ops, put the 2 stone back on, am cancer clear and have retired.
    Last edited by pippo; 20-03-2017 at 2:09 PM.
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 60 - cost £9.24
    Clothes etc In 12 Out 42
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 19th Mar 17, 4:15 PM
    • 47,719 Posts
    • 559,809 Thanks
    bubbs
    So I'm at the lottie, watching Mr AJ spreading his leaves and digging them in It's still windy here

I said I'd go with him but I'd take iPad and sit and watch him. I wonder if the pub next door know I can connect to their wifi from here

The wind had dropped, that's why I came out again but it's cold now and blustery. Loads of leaves flying around
    Originally posted by altojack
    Dont get cold , its very windy here too
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-2 stone 4 1/2 lb week 12
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 19th Mar 17, 4:17 PM
    • 47,719 Posts
    • 559,809 Thanks
    bubbs
    TS2, it has taken me a while to reply because I was in a very similar situation to you. After 10 days in hospital I was 2 stone lighter and had a colostomy and consultant was showing me photos of 2 people lifting the 'cyst' out of my stomach6 months later though the colostomy was reversed
    In the mean time I discovered (11+) Elit. Driving for the first time since op I stopped in a T's car park thinking they can't really get posh boxes of chocs for a quid, then Martin came on the radio talking about it so in I went and bought 3!
    The rest, as they say is history, I now follow the elite thread avidly, have a hernia following the various 'repair' ops, put the 2 stone back on, am cancer clear and have retired.
    Originally posted by pippo
    Oh pip you have been through the mill too glad you are better now
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-2 stone 4 1/2 lb week 12
    • pippo
    • By pippo 19th Mar 17, 4:18 PM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 27,072 Thanks
    pippo
    Of to catch up now.
    Had a productive couple of days.
    Was meeting 'the girls' ( a bit of a new thing and a couple of new friends) said we'd take nibbles and watch the rugby yesterday. I was 'chips and dips' and managed dips RTC at Mr T's and saved about £3. Same group also bought the OS shower gels of me - small profit of £2.75.
    I've bagged up a mountain of clothes for 'cash' and charity shop
    Clothes etc In 12 Out 42
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 19th Mar 17, 4:27 PM
    • 16,356 Posts
    • 277,473 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    I'm sorry to hear this, is she the one who was unwell last week and at home with you.

Hugs to ease your pain xx
    Thank you. No, it was a different one. One who was absolutely fine a couple of hours earlier x
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • altojack
    • By altojack 19th Mar 17, 4:51 PM
    • 8,880 Posts
    • 119,924 Thanks
    altojack
    Thank you. No, it was a different one. One who was absolutely fine a couple of hours earlier x
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Hope the others are ok, it's upsetting losing them as they soon become hand tame and run to greet you xx

Out 109
    • altojack
    • By altojack 19th Mar 17, 4:54 PM
    • 8,880 Posts
    • 119,924 Thanks
    altojack
    Mr AJ is staying on the lottie a while longer, clearing up the leaves that blew all over his nice neatly dug soil. I didn't think they'd blow that far when I tipped them out.

I'm off home then, I'm cold, he's grumpy

Out 109
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 19th Mar 17, 4:55 PM
    • 16,356 Posts
    • 277,473 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Hope the others are ok, it's upsetting losing them as they soon become hand tame and run to greet you xx
    The others know she's not there. Her friend was looking for her once we'd taken her out. It'll be very strange for us not seeing her standing at our feet waiting for us to hand feed her. MG has gone back round to check the others are ok but I'm stuck here waiting for an Amazon delivery. Thank you xx
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 19th Mar 17, 4:56 PM
    • 5,272 Posts
    • 65,475 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Forgot to say when I was in SD yesterday, the sharpies were 9.99 in there
    Blustery and grey here today.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • pippo
    • By pippo 19th Mar 17, 4:57 PM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 27,072 Thanks
    pippo
    As I say, you are a nice lad.

Can me and mhoc adopt you please?

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    My dearly beloved works as a handyman, usually in the next village. He has a group of older ladies who keep asking him back , he calls them his 'Golden Girls', generally he spends more time chatting and eating than actually working. One in particular tips him over the odds, gives him 3 course lunches and sends champagne truffles back for me (although we have never met) I keep telling him to get her to adopt him, the house is worth a fortune!!
    Clothes etc In 12 Out 42
    • pippo
    • By pippo 19th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 27,072 Thanks
    pippo
    Well, its Sunday, and I have had an amazingly unexpected but truly wonderful weekend. Not often these come around, but when they do, they are most welcome.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Wow, you must tell us more!
    Clothes etc In 12 Out 42
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 19th Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    • 6,704 Posts
    • 54,260 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    A grey Nissan qashqai. Feels huge compared to my golf! It's 2.5 years old.

The parking sensors are driving bonkers but I just need to get used to them.

Must also remember to fill up with petrol rather than diesel
    Originally posted by xxlouisexx56
    Ooo nice!

I'm thinking of getting one of those. Can I ask some questions about it?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 19th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 27,072 Thanks
    pippo
    Oh pip you have been through the mill too glad you are better now
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks Bubbs, when I think about it it has taken me 3 years to 'come clean' about it. Elite supported me back then without even knowing. I'm a 'well, get on with it' sort of person but now know that support and kind words do help.

Thanks again, off now to serve dinner.put the dinner out!
    Clothes etc In 12 Out 42
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 19th Mar 17, 5:22 PM
    • 3,894 Posts
    • 57,872 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    A grey Nissan qashqai. Feels huge compared to my golf! It's 2.5 years old.

The parking sensors are driving bonkers but I just need to get used to them.

If you have the sat nav beware it lies. In some places doesn't know its left from its right

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 19th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    • 18,106 Posts
    • 192,705 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    If you have the sat nav beware it lies. In some places doesn't know its left from its right

V x
    Originally posted by vanilla twist
    Our sat nav has been known to send us up footpaths
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • henrik777
    • By henrik777 19th Mar 17, 5:49 PM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 27,198 Thanks
    henrik777

It's very difficult to fill a petrol with diesel as you can't fit the nozzle in the tank.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Mar 17, 6:48 PM
    • 27,963 Posts
    • 405,071 Thanks
    tweets
    Dont get cold , its very windy here too
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Will be when you start SW
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 19th Mar 17, 7:07 PM
    • 14,410 Posts
    • 178,009 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Pippo, just read about your health problems, special hugs xxx

My dearly beloved works as a handyman, usually in the next village. He has a group of older ladies who keep asking him back , he calls them his 'Golden Girls', generally he spends more time chatting and eating than actually working. One in particular tips him over the odds, gives him 3 course lunches and sends champagne truffles back for me (although we have never met) I keep telling him to get her to adopt him, the house is worth a fortune!!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Bless him, he sounds like he has a kind soul... or just wanting a few hours away from the Mrs
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 19th Mar 17, 7:09 PM
    • 14,410 Posts
    • 178,009 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Our sat nav has been known to send us up footpaths
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    My first few experiences with satnavs have been horrendous.

1. Ended up in Bradford - should have been in York.
    2. Ended up in Newcastle - should have been in Ripon.

That god they have got better ... or maybe I can just work them now!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,642Posts Today

8,067Users online

Martin's Twitter