Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,771Posts
    • 34,042Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3445
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th Mar 17, 1:50 PM
    • 15,610 Posts
    • 185,837 Thanks
    mhoc
    has anyone been paid for the guiness yet
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    no nothing yet - not even tracked.
    Does anyone think we should upload again? Ive got my receiots and ID numbers

one submission Ive done twice already and both times it didn't give me an id number so I sent an email with pics of the receipt. I also contacted them on the MSE Quidco thread but they said to contact them via twitter of facebook. I expect if I did this then they would just say to email photos of the receipt again.

This is going to be a long job
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 18th Mar 17, 2:08 PM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 15,081 Thanks
    curl girl
    no nothing yet - not even tracked.
    Does anyone think we should upload again? Ive got my receiots and ID numbers

one submission Ive done twice already and both times it didn't give me an id number so I sent an email with pics of the receipt. I also contacted them on the MSE Quidco thread but they said to contact them via twitter of facebook. I expect if I did this then they would just say to email photos of the receipt again.

This is going to be a long job
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I looked yesterday on laptop, the pictures are all listed, the Guinness was there but where it says redemptions remaining mine said 0 left.

So something has gone through even if it's not showing yet. Iyswim.

Hth.

Afternoon peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Mar 17, 2:13 PM
    • 46,818 Posts
    • 552,418 Thanks
    bubbs
    mhoc so sorry to hear about your sister.

bubbs sorry to hear of your diabetes.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Thanks, hows things with ds?
    It's 3am and everyone's sleeping, so I can probably say this and no one will notice, ive got a confession to make, I've not got any sharpies, I'm not even sure what ones to get. There I've said it!
    Originally posted by 99p
    Wht wasnt you asleep?

Good morning all

MHOC Its a terrible and stressful time for all
    It is has all changed in terms of care and openness I remember folk being ill and wondered why it was all spoken about in hushed tones I wish her well

Bubbs Take care You will of course cope once you get your head round it Take care

Josie ann Wow the holiday of a lifetime It wont be long before its here I am already putting stuff away for the hampers

DH loves os shower gel but is not frugal with it but I will buy him a "few" cos he is an Well he puts up with my shopping habits

on COS and CS the bags of Bahlsen biscuits not the pick up ones appear to £1.29 in t's with £1 cb 12 per shop so 29p a bag
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Thanks, yes i will its just all come at once
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 13 1/2 lb week 9
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Mar 17, 2:14 PM
    • 46,818 Posts
    • 552,418 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good morning ...sorry to hear about your diabetes Bubbs and Mhoc thoughts with you and your sister
    Originally posted by underperky
    Thanks
    Did anyone see this news story? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39307418
    The coroner is sending a report to Apple about it?!?
    Is the world going madder? Common sense, NOTHING electrical near water. Better warn scuba divers not to do their ironing while diving too.
    This is one for the Darwin awards IMHO
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Durrrr!!
    Does anyone know if the Sharpies should work today as I have been awol

So don't know if this deal has come to an end

tia
    Originally posted by underperky
    They did but was later when i went and they had some
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th Mar 17, 2:18 PM
    • 15,610 Posts
    • 185,837 Thanks
    mhoc
    afternoon all, more rain - please can everyone visualise 2 dry days for Sunday and Monday please for our bit of the wilds of Cheshire

Eldest childs best mate is flying in from the states overnight so it would be nice if it would just stop raining for a change, just for 2 days

There has been some intense house scrubbing over the last few days but at least we could get to the bits that needed scrubbing now that the decluttering is in full flow - you couldn't see the dining room table this morning so an extra trip to recycling was needed -aldi sized bag of books for the book bank, 2 baskets of the normal plastics/cans/bottles and 2 baskets of waste paper, huge box of plastic hangers (recently found out our Sainsbobs takes these) and a bag and box for the charity shop and an ebay parcel
    Yes I know all this activity is just a distraction technique so I dont dwell on the insoluble problems ...

Oh is not co operating - I had to point out to. him this morning 4 pairs of trousers and 5 shirts which were located in his floordrobe. so basically after work he has changed out of work suit into clean jeans and shirt and left yesterdays on the floor every single day He brought everything them downstairs to the family bathroom and dumped everything in the bath so he was advised that washing goes into the laundry bin - its a lot of effort to lift the lid of the laundry bin.
    A stand off will now ensue as I am not dealing with his washing until after the wedding, too much else to do this week.
    So now he will have to get shirts out of his wardrobe which he never usually goes into - always just wears whatever has just been laundered as its the least effort It could well be narnia in there with a lion and a which
    Last edited by mhoc; 18-03-2017 at 2:25 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Mar 17, 2:18 PM
    • 46,818 Posts
    • 552,418 Thanks
    bubbs
    Can I join the list
    Originally posted by tweets
    You can joing any list tweets
    Good morning all, dry here but rained overnight.

Bubbs, I know quite a few diabetics. They live normal lives, and one of them is, shall we say, large. He lost a lot of weight, almost got off insulin, then put it back on the idiot. I'm assuming it is Type 2, controlled by diet and pills, in which case you will do fine xx

Neither have I
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Its was just a shock as wasnt tested for this this came up as well as other crap
    But people are are lot worse off than me
    Ahh, I feel like such a fool now all this time and I thought there was something going on with the sharpie marker pens I mentioned the razors to Mrs99p ages ago but she didn't want them and I use an electric razor.
    Originally posted by 99p
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th Mar 17, 2:21 PM
    • 15,610 Posts
    • 185,837 Thanks
    mhoc
    I looked yesterday on laptop, the pictures are all listed, the Guinness was there but where it says redemptions remaining mine said 0 left.

So something has gone through even if it's not showing yet. Iyswim.

Hth.

Afternoon peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    this is significant progress as mine are still showing with the little one in the top right corner.
    I think if nothing happens today I am going to re upload in the morning
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Mar 17, 2:21 PM
    • 46,818 Posts
    • 552,418 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good morning Elite - I drove home from Hampshire yesterday, via Solstice Park near Stonehenge to pick up an emergency Rommie resscue foster doggie who will be staying with me while she is assessed and moved on to her new forever home. Emily is a little darling BUT at only 2 is still very puppy'ish so a lot more active and time consuming that my two oldies Plus I have to walk her, which I did manage OK actually yesterday. Must be the Naproxen I have started to take that's eased the pain in my right knee

During the night she slept in lounge OK but she did decide to gather up Millie's old toys which I had still lying around and she included my many stuffed toys from back edge of sofa So they are now in a bag in the bedroom out of her way. She hadn't chewed any of them, just gathered them up, bless her. I'll post a pic later. My two are still in boarding at moment

Snap and mhoc, I was so sad to hear about your sisters - my thought are with you both at this distressing time

And sad to hear your news too bubbs, but make the adjustments and follow all the advice from diabetes nurse and you will be OK. One of my friends Andy was diagnosed about a year ago and is fine. He just has to keep a check on his sugar levels and adjust eating accordingly. My friend I stayed with, Kit, is Type 1 diabetic, born with it and that is a different matter, but with type 2, you are sensible enough to deal with it. You don't have to give up everything sweet but just be sensible

Did I just put sensible and bubbs in the same sentence

Anyway, I have a shift at charity shop this afternoon. I'm taking Emily in with me as she needs to get used to new people (she has some fear aggression linked with people she doesn't know) so I'd best get a move on. Oh and I have a c&c order to pick up after shop, paid with my evouchers so only £1 cash to pay, all just normal shopping
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Awww another doggy
    Thanks i know i will as i am sensible
    Keep an eye out in Mr Shoes for RTC sun care as it goes through buy one get one half price

Also quite a few tights/hold ups/knee highs etc were in clearance 75% off in my local.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Morning

Just had a lovely shower with coconut os, always reminds me of holidays for some reason

Does DeeDee still post on here ? I have a question for you if you do

Hope everyone has a lovely day what ever they are doing

Can't be long now Di , you must be on tender hooks at the moment x
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Hello
    Bargain hope you are ok?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th Mar 17, 2:24 PM
    • 15,610 Posts
    • 185,837 Thanks
    mhoc

Its was just a shock as wasnt tested for this this came up as well as other crap

Originally posted by bubbs
    I think it sort of creeps up on you so most people are unaware and its a bit of a shock when you get the diagnosis. The main thing is that you really have to start taking care of yourself - diet and exercise etc
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Mar 17, 2:25 PM
    • 46,818 Posts
    • 552,418 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning

Just had a lovely shower with coconut os, always reminds me of holidays for some reason

Does DeeDee still post on here ? I have a question for you if you do

Hope everyone has a lovely day what ever they are doing

Can't be long now Di , you must be on tender hooks at the moment x
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    She did post a couple of weeks ago but not seen her since
    And me

Mr AJ is Type 2, was diagnosed afew years ago. In the beginning he stuck to what he was told and did very well. Lost weight by walking loads, cut out all sugary stuff. He has done very well, sugar levels very good now but he has a sweet tooth and loves cake.

Get levels down bubbs but don't go buying Diabetic Foods, waste of money. You can still bake and eat cake but in moderation, good luck
    Originally posted by altojack
    Thanks, no i wont by special anything, funnily enough like baking but dont eat much cake, its chocolate my downfall
    hey bubbs I was diagnosed diabetic type 2 a couple of years ago last year I was put on metformin and I lost a lot of weight(thru sickness) and my blood tests showed last week I am no longer diabetic although they are going to wean me off metformin slowly just in case it is only the metformin that is forcing it down - I was gutted when I was diagnosed but just little adjustments to my diet now and I feel so much better and don't feel the need to drink gallons anymore good luck on your journey hun and don't waste time worrying cos it won't change any outcome xxx
    Originally posted by auto.armadillo
    Thats good news well done, i dont feel as if i have drank more as i have always drank alot, also pee alot
    Did the metformin make you sick? hope you are better now xx that what im on 2 times a day
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Mar 17, 2:32 PM
    • 46,818 Posts
    • 552,418 Thanks
    bubbs
    afternoon all, more rain - please can everyone visualise 2 dry days for Sunday and Monday please for our bit of the wilds of Cheshire

Eldest childs best mate is flying in from the states overnight so it would be nice if it would just stop raining for a change, just for 2 days

There has been some intense house scrubbing over the last few days but at least we could get to the bits that needed scrubbing now that the decluttering is in full flow - you couldn't see the dining room table this morning so an extra trip to recycling was needed -aldi sized bag of books for the book bank, 2 baskets of the normal plastics/cans/bottles and 2 baskets of waste paper, huge box of plastic hangers (recently found out our Sainsbobs takes these) and a bag and box for the charity shop and an ebay parcel
    Yes I know all this activity is just a distraction technique so I dont dwell on the insoluble problems ...

Oh is not co operating - I had to point out to. him this morning 4 pairs of trousers and 5 shirts which were located in his floordrobe. so basically after work he has changed out of work suit into clean jeans and shirt and left yesterdays on the floor every single day He brought everything them downstairs to the family bathroom and dumped everything in the bath so he was advised that washing goes into the laundry bin - its a lot of effort to lift the lid of the laundry bin.
    A stand off will now ensue as I am not dealing with his washing until after the wedding, too much else to do this week.
    So now he will have to get shirts out of his wardrobe which he never usually goes into - always just wears whatever has just been laundered as its the least effort It could well be narnia in there with a lion and a which
    He WILL learn the floor is not a wardrobe
    I think it sort of creeps up on you so most people are unaware and its a bit of a shock when you get the diagnosis. The main thing is that you really have to start taking care of yourself - diet and exercise etc
    Doc said it could have been lying there for about 3 yrs but thinking about it i have had ALOT of blood tests this last year as dont know if you remember i had a bad stomach and couldnt eat, this is all since i packed in smoking and thought i would be healthier
    I never used to take any tablets i now take 7 a day as these last blood tests brought up other things too oh and gave me oral thrush too
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• tweets
    • By tweets 18th Mar 17, 2:49 PM
    • 27,685 Posts
    • 402,797 Thanks
    tweets

I join most of the lists apart from the naughty lists
    Lost 3st-0.5lb
    • Tinasmummy
    • By Tinasmummy 18th Mar 17, 2:54 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 1,030 Thanks
    Tinasmummy
    Hi everyone

Hope you are well, haven't been able to catch up as life has been manic these week, planning to catch up today.

Bubbs gather you have just been diagnosed with diabetes don't let it get you down.
    I was diagnosed 3 years ago but no longer on meds,controlled with diet and exercise and no problems.
    It can be controlled and you can still enjoy sweets cakes etc in moderation.
    I have cut down on lots of carbs, bread, rice, pasta etc, only very small portions these days. Burgens soya and linseed bread is the lowest carb bread around.
    If I want a cake then I will compromise and have half, normally have a biccie after my tea most days but I really have to be careful with fruit, most fruit sends my blood sugar really high, so I try to get 5 a day but more veg than fruit.
    I'm lucky that I don't have a really sweet tooth but I'm a big bread, potato and pasta fan which Is why I have small portions, if I were to deny myself then I would just binge eventually.

anyhow I'm rambling, sorry Bubbs but I just wanted to say I know it can be a shock but you can control it!
    • CM66
    • By CM66 18th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 2,572 Thanks
    CM66
    Just been on a detour to spend my £33 APG from my first razor shop, didn't want to raise my profile in the local store! Guy tried to keep my receipt, could see him desperately trying to work out how I got the voucher - i made sure I took it with me so hopefully the glitch continues!
    • auto.armadillo
    • By auto.armadillo 18th Mar 17, 3:07 PM
    • 920 Posts
    • 17,128 Thanks
    auto.armadillo
    She did post a couple of weeks ago but not seen her since

Thanks, no i wont by special anything, funnily enough like baking but dont eat much cake, its chocolate my downfall

Thats good news well done, i dont feel as if i have drank more as i have always drank alot, also pee alot
    Did the metformin make you sick? hope you are better now xx that what im on 2 times a day
    we never got to the bottom of what it was but I was sick for about 5 months last year and much better now hun although a very empty bank acc as I had to buy a whole new wardrobe which was really awful lol xxx
    We are many we are one xxx

So that every single post that I contribute to this thread is on topic I would just like to say I am an elite 11+ member and I hear the unjust silence of my opinions whilst I am shopping in supermarkets mainly. Just sayin.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 18th Mar 17, 3:18 PM
    • 13,878 Posts
    • 237,387 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    £1 Ts

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Mar 17, 3:21 PM
    • 46,818 Posts
    • 552,418 Thanks
    bubbs
    I join most of the lists apart from the naughty lists
    Originally posted by tweets
    I dont go on naughty lists either
    Hi everyone

Hope you are well, haven't been able to catch up as life has been manic these week, planning to catch up today.

Bubbs gather you have just been diagnosed with diabetes don't let it get you down.
    I was diagnosed 3 years ago but no longer on meds,controlled with diet and exercise and no problems.
    It can be controlled and you can still enjoy sweets cakes etc in moderation.
    I have cut down on lots of carbs, bread, rice, pasta etc, only very small portions these days. Burgens soya and linseed bread is the lowest carb bread around.
    If I want a cake then I will compromise and have half, normally have a biccie after my tea most days but I really have to be careful with fruit, most fruit sends my blood sugar really high, so I try to get 5 a day but more veg than fruit.
    I'm lucky that I don't have a really sweet tooth but I'm a big bread, potato and pasta fan which Is why I have small portions, if I were to deny myself then I would just binge eventually.

anyhow I'm rambling, sorry Bubbs but I just wanted to say I know it can be a shock but you can control it!
    Originally posted by Tinasmummy
    Hi TM(2)
    I do like biccies and cake but as i say choc is my downfall not had any for 3 days
    I know fruit has alot of natural sugar although i eat more veg then fruit, what yoghurts do you eat? as alot of low fat are so high in sugar
    You wasnt rambling i like to hear how other people manage thers as all new to me
    Just been on a detour to spend my £33 APG from my first razor shop, didn't want to raise my profile in the local store! Guy tried to keep my receipt, could see him desperately trying to work out how I got the voucher - i made sure I took it with me so hopefully the glitch continues!
    Originally posted by CM66
    You have some balls using that but well done
    Last edited by bubbs; 18-03-2017 at 3:25 PM.
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Mar 17, 3:25 PM
    • 46,818 Posts
    • 552,418 Thanks
    bubbs
    we never got to the bottom of what it was but I was sick for about 5 months last year and much better now hun although a very empty bank acc as I had to buy a whole new wardrobe which was really awful lol xxx
    Originally posted by auto.armadillo
    Glad you are alot better no it was a bonus getting new clothes
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Mar 17, 3:26 PM
    • 46,818 Posts
    • 552,418 Thanks
    bubbs
    SSM , sorry i meant to say sorry to hear about your car hope you get sorted xx
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• tweets
    • By tweets 18th Mar 17, 3:39 PM
    • 27,685 Posts
    • 402,797 Thanks
    tweets
    £1 Ts

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Why does my T's never have anything like this
    Lost 3st-0.5lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,024Posts Today

8,027Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin