Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,039Posts
    • 34,688Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3443
    • underperky
    • By underperky 18th Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    • 5,015 Posts
    • 62,486 Thanks
    underperky
    Does anyone know if the Sharpies should work today as I have been awol

So don't know if this deal has come to an end

tia
    • tweets
    • By tweets 18th Mar 17, 8:30 AM
    • 28,461 Posts
    • 409,079 Thanks
    tweets
    It's 3am and everyone's sleeping, so I can probably say this and no one will notice, ive got a confession to make, I've not got any sharpies, I'm not even sure what ones to get. There I've said it!
    Originally posted by 99p
    Can I join the list
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 18th Mar 17, 8:31 AM
    • 2,627 Posts
    • 34,521 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Does anyone know if the Sharpies should work today as I have been awol

So don't know if this deal has come to an end

tia
    Originally posted by underperky
    Still working yesterday underperky. I don't think it's been tested yet today.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • tweets
    • By tweets 18th Mar 17, 8:33 AM
    • 28,461 Posts
    • 409,079 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Weather worse than yesterday wet , windy and cold grr
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 18th Mar 17, 8:45 AM
    • 18,417 Posts
    • 194,981 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, dry here but rained overnight.

Bubbs, I know quite a few diabetics. They live normal lives, and one of them is, shall we say, large. He lost a lot of weight, almost got off insulin, then put it back on the idiot. I'm assuming it is Type 2, controlled by diet and pills, in which case you will do fine xx

It's 3am and everyone's sleeping, so I can probably say this and no one will notice, ive got a confession to make, I've not got any sharpies, I'm not even sure what ones to get. There I've said it!
    Originally posted by 99p
    Neither have I
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 18th Mar 17, 8:47 AM
    • 18,417 Posts
    • 194,981 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Did anyone see this news story? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39307418
    The coroner is sending a report to Apple about it?!?
    Is the world going madder? Common sense, NOTHING electrical near water. Better warn scuba divers not to do their ironing while diving too.
    This is one for the Darwin awards IMHO
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    He was an idiot!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • locarr
    • By locarr 18th Mar 17, 8:54 AM
    • 7,746 Posts
    • 137,775 Thanks
    locarr
    Morning ALL!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Mar 17, 8:57 AM
    • 33,154 Posts
    • 443,507 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

1x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each)£5.00£1.00
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Just bumping for 99p which is not a lot to get paid for searching for 5 minutes for the bloomin thing.

Putting my rates up
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • 99p
    • By 99p 18th Mar 17, 9:04 AM
    • 899 Posts
    • 16,465 Thanks
    99p
    Oh dear..best you go and rectify this.
    Check back there is a picture somewhere £5. In A.
    😃
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Morning mad squad, I did a search but didn't see a photo and as it's been going on for some time now there is a lot of posts on the topic, is it a 5 pack of plain black ones ? I might actually buy a pack of these as I would use them

TIA
    I do try to keep up but sometimes life gets in the way.
    I'm just a penny short of a pound. Peace and Love.

I've joined the 5:2 club cos mrT made me eat 1p chocolate.
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 18th Mar 17, 9:05 AM
    • 4,144 Posts
    • 44,474 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Saturday.
    • 99p
    • By 99p 18th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    • 899 Posts
    • 16,465 Thanks
    99p
    Just bumping for 99p which is not a lot to get paid for searching for 5 minutes for the bloomin thing.

Putting my rates up
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Now I knew about these, I didn't get them either but I'm really getting confused now

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Mar 17, 9:09 AM
    • 33,154 Posts
    • 443,507 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning mad squad, I did a search but didn't see a photo and as it's been going on for some time now there is a lot of posts on the topic, is it a 5 pack of plain black ones ? I might actually buy a pack of these as I would use them

TIA
    Originally posted by 99p
    They are in a green pack 99p. Put my description above into mysupermarket and you will see them for a fiver
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Mar 17, 9:10 AM
    • 33,154 Posts
    • 443,507 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Now I knew about these, I didn't get them either but I'm really getting confused now
    Originally posted by 99p
    There's only been the one type. They compare to W at £1 and peeps are getting them in a C and C hoping they will be out of stock
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • locarr
    • By locarr 18th Mar 17, 9:11 AM
    • 7,746 Posts
    • 137,775 Thanks
    locarr
    Did anyone see this news story? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39307418
    The coroner is sending a report to Apple about it?!?
    Is the world going madder? Common sense, NOTHING electrical near water. Better warn scuba divers not to do their ironing while diving too.
    This is one for the Darwin awards IMHO
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk

It would appear that common sense doesn't run in the family!

His brother Andrew said: "When you are younger you are taught about electricity and the bath, but you don't think about this.
    "I still find it hard to believe that between the charger plug and the phone would be enough electricity to kill someone."

Mr Bull had used an extension lead from the hallway of his Ealing home so he could use the phone in the bath.
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Mar 17, 9:11 AM
    • 33,154 Posts
    • 443,507 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning all, happy Saturday.
    Originally posted by elliemoo
    Are you playing football today elliechoons?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Mar 17, 9:18 AM
    • 33,154 Posts
    • 443,507 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I've just been having fun "building a cake " with Patisserie Valerie

https://www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/custom.aspx

It's a special Mother's Day treat for £40
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • 99p
    • By 99p 18th Mar 17, 9:20 AM
    • 899 Posts
    • 16,465 Thanks
    99p
    Ahh, I feel like such a fool now all this time and I thought there was something going on with the sharpie marker pens I mentioned the razors to Mrs99p ages ago but she didn't want them and I use an electric razor.

• 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 18th Mar 17, 9:40 AM
    • 13,561 Posts
    • 140,712 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Good morning Elite - I drove home from Hampshire yesterday, via Solstice Park near Stonehenge to pick up an emergency Rommie resscue foster doggie who will be staying with me while she is assessed and moved on to her new forever home. Emily is a little darling BUT at only 2 is still very puppy'ish so a lot more active and time consuming that my two oldies Plus I have to walk her, which I did manage OK actually yesterday. Must be the Naproxen I have started to take that's eased the pain in my right knee

During the night she slept in lounge OK but she did decide to gather up Millie's old toys which I had still lying around and she included my many stuffed toys from back edge of sofa So they are now in a bag in the bedroom out of her way. She hadn't chewed any of them, just gathered them up, bless her. I'll post a pic later. My two are still in boarding at moment

Snap and mhoc, I was so sad to hear about your sisters - my thought are with you both at this distressing time

And sad to hear your news too bubbs, but make the adjustments and follow all the advice from diabetes nurse and you will be OK. One of my friends Andy was diagnosed about a year ago and is fine. He just has to keep a check on his sugar levels and adjust eating accordingly. My friend I stayed with, Kit, is Type 1 diabetic, born with it and that is a different matter, but with type 2, you are sensible enough to deal with it. You don't have to give up everything sweet but just be sensible

Did I just put sensible and bubbs in the same sentence

Anyway, I have a shift at charity shop this afternoon. I'm taking Emily in with me as she needs to get used to new people (she has some fear aggression linked with people she doesn't know) so I'd best get a move on. Oh and I have a c&c order to pick up after shop, paid with my evouchers so only £1 cash to pay, all just normal shopping
    Last edited by 3Dogs; 18-03-2017 at 9:58 AM.
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98 Nov £62.96 Dec £43.46 Jan £68.88 Feb £86.58 Mar X Apr £52.73 May X June £94.72 July £69.82 Aug £65.81/£100
    NSD Oct 18 Nov 16 Dec 21 Jan 16 Feb 19 Mar 19 Apr 20 May 16 June 19 July 20 Aug 9/16
    eBay Oct £116.33 Nov £76.71 Dec £60.96 Jan £71.28 Feb £24.12 Mar £104.04 Apr £10.75
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 18th Mar 17, 9:41 AM
    • 27,333 Posts
    • 374,561 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Keep an eye out in Mr Shoes for RTC sun care as it goes through buy one get one half price

Also quite a few tights/hold ups/knee highs etc were in clearance 75% off in my local.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 18th Mar 17, 9:44 AM
    • 4,144 Posts
    • 44,474 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Are you playing football today elliechoons?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I have a Saturday off, so just catching up with a strong coffee.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

224Posts Today

3,208Users online

Martin's Twitter