Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,186Posts
    • 34,893Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3441
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 17th Mar 17, 9:15 PM
    • 1,212 Posts
    • 15,514 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    And on that note josie.....

Hundreds of onions

Wilkos £1.50

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    We just need the right weather now! I bought 2 bags from wilko and two bags from elsewhere but I can't remember where! The sets where slightly bigger than the Wilkos ones. Hoping to put early peas in soon.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 17th Mar 17, 9:19 PM
    • 3,030 Posts
    • 42,725 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    hi folks

i have on my nectar account that if i convert some nectar points into a viking voucher code i get back so many points.

this is what it says but it doesnt say what you can use the converted points on.

Has anyone done this if so what did it work on

tia

1. Redeeming during the validity period entitles you to points back, if you purchase a £10 voucher you receive 300 points, £25 voucher (750 points), £50 voucher (1,500 points), £75 voucher (2,500 points), £100 (3,000 points). 2. The voucher is not valid in conjunction with other Viking vouchers, offers and discounts. 3. The voucher may only be redeemed at the time of ordering and cannot be exchanged for cash or credit against prior purchases (one Voucher per transaction). 4. Each voucher is valid to use at Viking for a minimum of 6 months from the date of issue. 5. Nectar points cannot be collected on any element of a transaction which is paid for by redeeming vouchers. 6. Only one set of bonus points will be awarded per Nectar Primary Collector as part of this offer (irrespective of the number of exchanges that are made during the offer period) and the number of bonus points awarded will be based on the single exchange using the most Nectar points.
    Originally posted by newbie1980

More terms here for you

About Viking

With thousands of products online, Viking can accommodate your every stationery need... from pens, paper, office machines and ink cartridges through to warehouse and janitorial supplies.

Benefits

Terms and Conditions
    Event Terms & Conditions

Bonus points will only be awarded if a Nectar Business Collector successfully exchanges Nectar points for Viking vouchers via www.nectar.com/ways-to-redeem/rewards/viking between 1 March 2017 and 31 March 2017 (inclusive).

Nectar points exchanged are subject to the usual Nectar-Viking exchange terms and conditions at www.nectar.com/ways-to-redeem/rewards/viking and minimum point exchanges.

The bonus points will be added to the Nectar Business Primary Collector’s account within 28 days after the expiry date of this offer.

Only one set of bonus points will be awarded per Nectar Business Primary Collector as part of this offer (irrespective of the number of exchanges that are made during the offer period) and the number of bonus points awarded will be based on the single exchange using the most Nectar points.

This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other Nectar offer.

Voucher use Terms & Conditions

Your chosen Nectar voucher will entitle you to the stated credit which can be redeemed against Viking products.
    The voucher is not valid in conjunction with other Viking vouchers, offers and discounts.
    The voucher may only be redeemed at the time of ordering and cannot be exchanged for cash or credit against prior purchases (one Voucher per transaction).
    Once your points have been redeemed via Nectar.com for a Viking voucher, this voucher is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No change or credit will be given if the purchase price is less than the voucher value.
    The voucher code must be quoted at the point of order.
    If products purchased with a voucher are returned for any reason, a replacement voucher to the value of the returned goods will be issued.
    Vouchers cannot be used against the purchase of postage stamps, gift cards and certain technology items, for a full list of exclusions, please visit www.viking.com/sub/exclusions or call 0844 412 1111.
    This voucher is only valid with Viking in the UK.
    Viking reserves the right to refuse redemption of a voucher if your Viking credit facility is withdrawn.
    Customers do not have to be existing Viking account holders, but must be registered with the Nectar Business programme and will need to call Viking or log in / have a guest account on www.viking.com
    Ensure you print and save your voucher details as you will not be able to view your voucher code from your Nectar account.
    If you do not receive your confirmation email, call the Nectar helpline on 0344 811 0811.
    Each voucher is valid to use at Viking for a minimum of 6 months from the date of issue.
    Orders placed are subject to usual terms and conditions and privacy policy available at www.viking.com or you can request a copy from the Viking customer services team on 0844 412 1111.
    Normal Nectar terms and conditions, privacy policy and collector rules apply
    Nectar points cannot be collected on any element of a transaction which is paid for by redeeming vouchers.
    These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 17th Mar 17, 9:19 PM
    • 7,778 Posts
    • 138,008 Thanks
    locarr
    Was that today please?
    Originally posted by bubbs

Yes

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Mar 17, 9:21 PM
    • 33,630 Posts
    • 447,277 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    We just need the right weather now! I bought 2 bags from wilko and two bags from elsewhere but I can't remember where! The sets where slightly bigger than the Wilkos ones. Hoping to put early peas in soon.
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    It's too wet here josie

I'm itching to make a start but it would be time wasted. Somehow everything seems to catch up though doesn't it
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 17th Mar 17, 9:21 PM
    • 1,212 Posts
    • 15,514 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    And on that note josie.....

Hundreds of onions

Wilkos £1.50

When I got some from the shop I can't recall the name of, I remember the male cashier saying, " Gosh they are small onions" I tried to explain that you planted them to get large onions but his face was confused
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 17th Mar 17, 9:22 PM
    • 3,030 Posts
    • 42,725 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    I'll try now..
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Thanks for trying Di

Snap ant (X)

Mhoc(X)

Bubbs (X)

TM
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Mar 17, 9:29 PM
    • 33,630 Posts
    • 447,277 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    When I got some from the shop I can't recall the name of, I remember the male cashier saying, " Gosh they are small onions" I tried to explain that you planted them to get large onions but his face was confused
    I suppose you could put them in a casserole
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Mar 17, 9:29 PM
    • 33,630 Posts
    • 447,277 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thanks for trying Di

Snap ant (X)

Mhoc(X)

Bubbs (X)

TM
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Right back at yer
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Mar 17, 9:30 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,182 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks for trying Di

Snap ant (X)

Mhoc(X)

Bubbs (X)

TM
    Last one made me
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Mar 17, 9:32 PM
    • 33,630 Posts
    • 447,277 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    What do we all think of the new Great British Bakeoff line up?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 17th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    • 3,680 Posts
    • 47,693 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I tried the pick up the other day for cos and they didn't compare so I rang and told them so thought I would try again tonight and they are now comparing

I also queried this with t's but to no avail thanks for trying again I will add to my shops.
    Heathy eating plan

week 5 -8 lbs

Almost made target Just a pound off Not too bad
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 17th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    • 1,212 Posts
    • 15,514 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    It's too wet here josie

I'm itching to make a start but it would be time wasted. Somehow everything seems to catch up though doesn't it
    I agree, I was reading on another site www.allotments4all.co.uk (A4A) that someone had planted runner beans in February! Waaaay too early. Henry discovered a doormouse on the lottie the other day, he must have sniffed it out from it's sleeping place. Sadly it is no moreGood luck with the planting
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Mar 17, 9:38 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,182 Thanks
    bubbs
    What do we all think of the new Great British Bakeoff line up?
    Not going to be the same
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 17th Mar 17, 9:42 PM
    • 1,212 Posts
    • 15,514 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Night, going to try & do 500 steps to reach my 10000 target
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Mar 17, 9:50 PM
    • 33,630 Posts
    • 447,277 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Not going to be the same
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I'm thinking about not watching it in protest.....but wonder if anyone will notice
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Mar 17, 9:51 PM
    • 33,630 Posts
    • 447,277 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    That's a long way up to bed josie....do you live in a turret?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Mar 17, 9:51 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,182 Thanks
    bubbs
    Night
    I'm thinking about not watching it in protest.....but wonder if anyone will notice
    you silly booger
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Mar 17, 10:20 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,182 Thanks
    bubbs
    From dark side

Velvet Comfort 16 pack instore @ £4.00 Morrisons
    • locarr
    • By locarr 17th Mar 17, 10:27 PM
    • 7,778 Posts
    • 138,008 Thanks
    locarr
    For JTS

Hope you had a winner

had £10 each way on the winner in THE GOLD CUP £90 up !
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 17th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    • 6,933 Posts
    • 89,024 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    It's too wet here josie

'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,749Posts Today

6,117Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin