Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,538Posts
    • 33,647Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3437
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 17th Mar 17, 11:32 AM
    • 13,539 Posts
    • 233,350 Thanks
    Snap-ant

DS has been to hospital today & gone through doughnut shaped scan thingy.
    She has asked me to go with her on Monday to Cardiff for the body scan there, this will take 3 hours in all.
    Glad I'm included
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 17th Mar 17, 11:33 AM
    • 2,369 Posts
    • 31,924 Thanks
    pacifica9
    love post 5
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I did think "Should we tell them....."
    “I count myself in nothing else so happy as in a soul remembering my good friends” William Shakespeare
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 17th Mar 17, 11:35 AM
    • 2,369 Posts
    • 31,924 Thanks
    pacifica9

She has asked me to go with her on Monday to Cardiff for the body scan there, this will take 3 hours in all.
    Glad I'm included
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Strength in numbers Snap. We will all be there with you in thought.
    “I count myself in nothing else so happy as in a soul remembering my good friends” William Shakespeare
    • altojack
    • By altojack 17th Mar 17, 12:00 PM
    • 8,448 Posts
    • 115,550 Thanks
    altojack
    Snap, shift over, I need a lay down

I've spent an hour in town, walking from Mr A down into town and back. I am jiggered, had to use my blue inhaler and now need a rest. This new life style is driving me crazy

Back later xx
    There's no place like home
    • altojack
    • By altojack 17th Mar 17, 12:01 PM
    • 8,448 Posts
    • 115,550 Thanks
    altojack

Glad I'm included
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    We will be with in thought and good wishes giving you both support xx
    There's no place like home
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 17th Mar 17, 12:35 PM
    • 24,283 Posts
    • 290,245 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thank you, I've asked him to start making a list of things he wants from here, cinnamon grahams will be one, I'm sure!
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Hope im not just telling you how to suck eggs, but check what you can take over. I think (not sure) that food stuffs are a no-go, same as leather goods and wooden things.
    Nice little fine if you take them over and dont disclose them.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 17th Mar 17, 12:45 PM
    • 13,666 Posts
    • 218,763 Thanks
    zippydooda
    £10.55 down to £3.57

sorry if picture not sharp, cant get photobucket to work on my phone.
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 17th Mar 17, 1:02 PM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 41,397 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    From quidco rep

all,

Worry not as the Superdrug 50% flash rate for all online sales is legit and runs until 3pm today (17/03/2016).

You will be able to make use of that rate on Sale items too... So happy days

However, do not use your Superdrug points card to make that purchase or use any discount codes during your purchase as that will invalidate your cashback.

-

@rickztp1 - Your purchase should still track into your account within 48 hrs, and not be affected by the fact that you are re-directed to the PayPal website to authorise that payment.

If that does not track in, don't worry as you can get that manually tracking by raising a claim here: https://www.quidco.com/new-enquiry/

This will get that showing in your account, in your claims tab here: https://www.quidco.com/activity/claims

And that'll be processed, whilst you will be kept informed of it's progress via the notifications on your account.

If the re-direction is to taking the PayPal app rather than the website, do let us know.

Thanks,

Joseph
    Quidco Rep
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Mar 17, 1:04 PM
    • 17,385 Posts
    • 186,967 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Hope im not just telling you how to suck eggs, but check what you can take over. I think (not sure) that food stuffs are a no-go, same as leather goods and wooden things.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Normally can take hermetically sealed foodstuffs, but definitely need declaring. Might be worth asking him for a list then clearing that list with their embassy, then taking all that information with you. But ALL edibles have to be declared. Been watching too much TV lol, love the customs programmes, some of the things people try to get into various countries, and some of the excuses
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 17th Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    • 1,112 Posts
    • 14,702 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Thank you, I'll check, , I know no plants, seeds, meat etc. but hadn't thought of sealed food. Google here I come oh I wonder if marmite is allowed as that is meat derived and he loves that?
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 17th Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    • 3,027 Posts
    • 27,686 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    I think a few of us signed up a while ago when it was something like £40 Cashback for £10 deposit. Haven't used it since.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    From quidco rep

all,

Worry not as the Superdrug 50% flash rate for all online sales is legit and runs until 3pm today (17/03/2016).

You will be able to make use of that rate on Sale items too... So happy days

However, do not use your Superdrug points card to make that purchase or use any discount codes during your purchase as that will invalidate your cashback.

-

@rickztp1 - Your purchase should still track into your account within 48 hrs, and not be affected by the fact that you are re-directed to the PayPal website to authorise that payment.

If that does not track in, don't worry as you can get that manually tracking by raising a claim here: https://www.quidco.com/new-enquiry/

This will get that showing in your account, in your claims tab here: https://www.quidco.com/activity/claims

And that'll be processed, whilst you will be kept informed of it's progress via the notifications on your account.

If the re-direction is to taking the PayPal app rather than the website, do let us know.

Thanks,

Joseph
    Quidco Rep
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Thanks for this, its dh birthday today so it's father's day next so ordered two aftershave and a pack of........mach 3 blades........zippy he would never have a shave with anything but! I will never convert him to a moneysaver but they say opposites attract
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 17th Mar 17, 1:13 PM
    • 1,112 Posts
    • 14,702 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Normally can take hermetically sealed foodstuffs, but definitely need declaring. Might be worth asking him for a list then clearing that list with their embassy, then taking all that information with you. But ALL edibles have to be declared. Been watching too much TV lol, love the customs programmes, some of the things people try to get into various countries, and some of the excuses
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Thank you for info . I will do as you suggest. I agree 'Nothing to Declare 'programmes etc are very watchable.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Mar 17, 1:17 PM
    • 17,385 Posts
    • 186,967 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Thank you, I'll check, , I know no plants, seeds, meat etc. but hadn't thought of sealed food. Google here I come oh I wonder if marmite is allowed as that is meat derived and he loves that?
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Marmite is vegetarian - it is yeast extract.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • streetlights
    • By streetlights 17th Mar 17, 1:18 PM
    • 3,552 Posts
    • 68,413 Thanks
    streetlights
    Good afternoon, I hope you are well and enjoying Friday. From a womble dated today. AvM

1x Aunt Bessie's 22 Golden Yorkshire Puddings (400g) £2.50 £1.50
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
    • springdreams
    • By springdreams 17th Mar 17, 1:20 PM
    • 3,513 Posts
    • 31,175 Thanks
    springdreams
    News for those who stream football matches:

https://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2017/march/first-live-blocking-order-granted-in-the-uk-to-curb-unauthorised-streaming-of-football-matches/
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    Originally posted by squeaky
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 17th Mar 17, 1:27 PM
    • 19,428 Posts
    • 252,081 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I don't know whether A's SP apples are increasing in price today (or probably tomorrow?) as I noticed they were now showing 80p this morning on a.com but still 50p on msm (although the 80p has now worked its way through to there). This was just at the time when I was going to buy some. I went to A this morning, to see if they still had the 'old' 50p price up as my hope for a GC or else replace them with a pack of Cadbury's Chocolate Puddings. I found the apples still saying 50p. However, by that stage unfortunately they were still going through at 50p this morning(). No problem though as I still got my apples for 50p although they may soon be going up in price - or maybe this is a ploy to get me to buy more of them, which they've managed to get me to do.

Maybe tomorrow's price for delivery - in one sense, I hope they do shoot up in price now that I've stockpiled them (although I hope I can find apples cheaply whenever my packs now run out).
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 17-03-2017 at 1:33 PM.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    M lost list part 2 - page 4, post 145.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 17th Mar 17, 1:37 PM
    • 1,329 Posts
    • 14,714 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    combo
    Apologies if already pointed out. in a hurry.

OS 6 flavours CoS and new 6 for 3 HIPPy offer on shopmium combined with brand Match should make 6 of each cost £3.85 net no fillers required. someone please post the maths and correct me if wrong
    March 2017 Total Litres of pop donated to foodbank via tesco 58. Total Tosser contribution = £19.14
    4 those wanting 2 know, tesco weigh foodbank donations with Trussell Trust & donate in cash equivalent to 33p per kilo. 1 litre=1 kilo. 2 litre tesco pop & water 17p . U can donate any stuff even asda own brand pop. Cash helps pay bills
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 17th Mar 17, 1:37 PM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 12,942 Thanks
    curl girl
    Thanks for mentioning the q/Superdrug offer.
    Ordered one my favourite perfumes.
    Lacoste touch of pink 90ml £28.
    Looked on shoes and it's £52 on there!
    Added the wipes, a few mens deodorant and hair colours.
    £52, tracked 21.75cb so just over £30 If everything goes to plan.
    Thanks again.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 17th Mar 17, 1:42 PM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 12,942 Thanks
    curl girl
    Thanks.
    Site was slow.
    Tried not to break it!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • quiet advisor
    • By quiet advisor 17th Mar 17, 1:46 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    quiet advisor
    Adsa - dishwasher tablets

Large range of tabs RTC in Asda, including both Finish and Fairy.
    I got a box of 90 Finish for £4.50.

QA
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

1,503Users online

Martin's Twitter