Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,026Posts
    • 34,654Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3435
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 17th Mar 17, 7:47 AM
    • 1,862 Posts
    • 17,851 Thanks
    curl girl
    Anyone for a free razor

http://www.hydro5trial.com/
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thanks, as I'm the one of the few not doing the sharpie shops I have applied.
    Not sure I will get one of those either!

Morning peeps.
    Big coat again I think.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Mar 17, 7:57 AM
    • 33,060 Posts
    • 442,896 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    TM, thought of Mr TM when I read this on 10 Ways, and anyone else who does outdoor sports.

'"hey guys, not sure if you are already aware but a lot of outdoor companies are looking for 'ambassadors' to flog their stuff all over social media. Now we all know the likelihood of getting that role is next to nil unless you've climbed K2 5 times blindfolded... but they often give you money off just for applying! I applied to Sherpa Adventure Gear a while ago and they gave me 20% off their site. My Mum did the same with Pactimo and got 20% off cycling gear." - Thanks to George

Also, worth doing this with lots of other brands, if you can offer them something in return they often willing to listen/send something out'

Maybe worth a shot
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Thank you for thinking of him hampy. He is still one armed at the minute. The pins in his hand will be there for a few weeks yet and it's driving him bonkers. He can't wait to get out on his bike again. The fine weather is driving him mad. I'll mention this to him. He certainly has time to kill
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 17th Mar 17, 7:57 AM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 34,480 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning Elite
    Wishing everyone warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not currently so. Or indeed anyone who would like.
    My c&c didn't show as collected yesterday and APG was, therefore, not checked until 7.45 this morning. Compared as usual but not sure if that used today/yesterday's prices.
    Happy Friday!
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Mar 17, 8:00 AM
    • 33,060 Posts
    • 442,896 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    From MSE link to the right.....just in case we don't get lucky again with Zippys hanging baskets.

Limited supplies

http://www.jerseyplantsdirect.com/mse-pansy-cascadia-rattan-baskets-with-12-pansy-mega-plants
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • rose28454
    • By rose28454 17th Mar 17, 8:01 AM
    • 4,674 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    rose28454
    Got a few of the OS shower gels. Lovely for my hotel room. Day off today so off to a baby first aid course with dd and then assessor coming to the house this afternoon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 17th Mar 17, 8:09 AM
    • 25,743 Posts
    • 301,641 Thanks
    davemorton
    No....can you tell me about it and I'll have a look

Thank you......and are you aware that it's Friday today
    Oh, i definitely know its Friday

Hidden Restaurants with Michel Roux Jr. It was on Channel 4 at 8pm on Wednesday, so should be on catch-up. It is all about ones in the North East.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 17th Mar 17, 8:13 AM
    • 6,741 Posts
    • 54,514 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Greggs app still not working for me
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 17th Mar 17, 8:17 AM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 34,480 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Me neither.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Mar 17, 8:17 AM
    • 18,390 Posts
    • 194,861 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, beautiful sunny day here so far
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 17th Mar 17, 8:23 AM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 40,040 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    Morning All

For anyone with the 50p SSM Daz mocs, I think this is quite a good deal.

20 wash liquid in Sada compares to Morries at £2 so £1.30 after APG and moc.

Says its £2.50 in Sada on MyS but was £4 in my store yesterday. Good way to use up the Sharpie APGs, although the Daz mocs get rejected on SS tills and need SA to override.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Mar 17, 8:23 AM
    • 33,060 Posts
    • 442,896 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Oh, i definitely know its Friday

Hidden Restaurants with Michel Roux Jr. It was on Channel 4 at 8pm on Wednesday, so should be on catch-up. It is all about ones in the North East.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Thank you

Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Braveheart will have broken it

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Mar 17, 8:25 AM
    • 33,060 Posts
    • 442,896 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Got a few of the OS shower gels. Lovely for my hotel room. Day off today so off to a baby first aid course with dd and then assessor coming to the house this afternoon
    Originally posted by rose28454
    Hope it all goes well this afternoon rose

I'm out the door
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 17th Mar 17, 8:45 AM
    • 11,913 Posts
    • 130,851 Thanks
    Anon
    Thank you Anon

You've made DS very happy
    You are welcome - with this you also get 12 months BT Sport access on the app, 6 months Apple Music and the 7gb data, calls and texts can be used across EU. It is also on the 4gee max (so faster than 4g ... though I am not sure i will notice it checking MSE and emails ).

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 17-03-2017 at 9:04 AM.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 17th Mar 17, 8:48 AM
    • 28,425 Posts
    • 408,846 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Piddling it down here
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Mar 17, 8:55 AM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all

They seem to be trying to fix Quidco clicksnappy - just had a look at my account and its showing as 0 offers and last nights receipt has not tracked
    I reuploaded the receipt yesterday which came up with no ID number and again this morning I got no ID number so I've sent a photo.

I think this is going to be a very long job
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 17th Mar 17, 9:17 AM
    • 1,733 Posts
    • 18,908 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Quick post, CoS have now rewarded me for all the OS I had bought, so 50p net each.
    Re Greggs App, in the past it has been tempremental at times, and I think it was when new or existing offers were changing, don't quote me on that
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 17th Mar 17, 9:29 AM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 44,428 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all. Happy St Patrick's Day from the emerald isle.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Mar 17, 9:47 AM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    So I was starting to have a good enough week - one day of glorious sunshine with masses of gardening jobs done, OHs messy corner still immaculate, another big area decluttered and cleared ...
    Plus Eldest childs best mate arriving from the states at the weekend for an overnight stay

and then ..
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 17th Mar 17, 9:52 AM
    • 2,293 Posts
    • 25,482 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    sorry no sharpies in store to test
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Mar 17, 9:56 AM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    and then I had the message I was sort of expecting from Errant child who has run out of money already and wanted a loan

I have loaned him money previously so when he was back last summer and waiting to start his new job we thought it would be a while before the first pay day. We set up a standing order to pay the loan back in instalments each month.
    So far 6 repayments and this standing order is still in place so at least it will go through this month with no issue.

Yes I am an idiot for loaning him money in the first place as the entire mess is of his own making and yes I hate myself. And yes the other 2 kids wont be told as they don't agree with my methods but I've been skint and in trouble with no one to help when I was in my 20s so I know the misery.

I've sent him my terms and conditions, that the repayments continue and the money is for living costs until he is working again

and yes he only gets in touch when he wants something and it suits him
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

973Posts Today

7,112Users online

Martin's Twitter