Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,946Posts
    • 34,466Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3426
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 16th Mar 17, 7:23 AM
    • 3,557 Posts
    • 46,538 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Snap

Just hugs I can feel your pain your little sis but have no words or knowledge to help

Stay strong as we know you are but come on here for support anytime
    Heathy eating plan

2 weeks - 4.5lbs

Just following SW most days Too many events Aim is 9lbs by 4 August
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 16th Mar 17, 7:28 AM
    • 2,279 Posts
    • 25,313 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    I'll just off load my dreadful news

My sister has lumps in her neck.
    Over a 3 month period starting with Drs, then hospital scan, biopsy, another scan booked for this Friday... no results...
    Yesterday she was called out of the blue into see Consultant - she has cancerous lymph glands.
    He is pretty certain it is secondary cancer.
    She has to go to Cardiff on Monday for a full body scan to see where (or hopefully not) the primary cancer is ..
    Going forward is an op to remove glands, then chemo or radio therapy.
    It has been sinking in all day, Poor Mum & Dad are floundering... I know Dad has blood cancer but that seems in a different league to this.
    This is my little sister...

I know others here have suffered & are suffering, and it is all new to us as a family, I hope you won't mind me asking stuff I don't understand?

apologies xxx
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    What can I say? You have broad shoulders and have been a tower of strength for your family and they wouldn't be where they are today without you, so, pick yourself up get rid of gout buy yourself a new pair of crocks and admire your new kipling get yourself positive then get yourself in for round 2 of the fight.... but remember you have a very large elite family who are always here for you...

Big Hugs x
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 16th Mar 17, 7:29 AM
    • 3,557 Posts
    • 46,538 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

BH yes you are right you can do a second claim with the DIFFERENT receipt DH loves these and am down to last one or two only Time to replenish at 50p

Thanks to anon for cos updates Some good cashback offers again

I am hoping to send DS for mini pick up biscuits as he lives nearer t's

Enjoy your day
    Heathy eating plan

2 weeks - 4.5lbs

Just following SW most days Too many events Aim is 9lbs by 4 August
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 16th Mar 17, 7:32 AM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 34,104 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Sharpie test shop done. Results in two hours.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 16th Mar 17, 7:36 AM
    • 1,669 Posts
    • 18,277 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    As predicted all original source worked. did not do lavender.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 16th Mar 17, 7:40 AM
    • 2,279 Posts
    • 25,313 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Sharpie test shop done. Results in two hours.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    gosh you are about early...I thought you weren't in at work today early? but thanks for testing.
    I Sent DH to work 20mins earlier than usual to test, but I also need him to do a reckie as I have a HD later..!!
    Im sitting by the phone waiting for any info from him
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 16th Mar 17, 7:43 AM
    • 270 Posts
    • 3,658 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    As predicted all original source worked. did not do lavender.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Thank you braveheart!
    Mmmm! Lavender

Better than in a biscuit though
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 16th Mar 17, 7:44 AM
    • 2,279 Posts
    • 25,313 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Sharpies in my store today must check to see how many as I have HD later.
    Test done but Pacifica9 has beaten me to it.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 16th Mar 17, 7:47 AM
    • 5,372 Posts
    • 66,406 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    (((x))) Snap and little sis.

Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Mar 17, 7:50 AM
    • 32,566 Posts
    • 439,058 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Oh snap.....so very sorry to hear your news. You must feel as if you've all been hit with a sledgehammer
    Uncertainty is so hard to cope with The NHS is marvellous at times like this and I'm sure all will be done as quickly as possible to get the right diagnosis and treatment.

I'm thinking of you and know you will all take strength from one another to cope as best you can.
    x
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 16th Mar 17, 7:56 AM
    • 11,764 Posts
    • 129,436 Thanks
    Anon
    Yeah, had a through check of my junk
    I get the 'your order is being picked' and the one after that, but not the one with the scan code thingy. Most odd, I did when I did an order last week, but the last 2 orders I have done, no email.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I got all three last week when I ordered - no subs shown. Went to collect and they had thrown in some sensitive as not enough of the others - not indivated on the receipt. I rejected those as they were the wrong colour - what else can you say? ). It seems someone in their team hasn't been trained on stock control if they are just switching products without recording them.

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Mar 17, 7:58 AM
    • 32,566 Posts
    • 439,058 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    got 10 items at tesco from cos
    6 x os shower gel, got the £4.80 BG (should get £3 cb)
    1 x pop pops (should get 75p cb = free)
    3 x bahlsen minis (should get £1.50 cb, did not stock the 10 x minis or i would have got £3 cb)
    anyway cost of shop £15.42 - £4.80 -£5.25 if cb goes well
    = £5.37
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Brilliant. I'll be doing this today and it's saved me some legwork.
    Thanks zippy

I'm out the door
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • cjj
    • By cjj 16th Mar 17, 8:05 AM
    • 6,229 Posts
    • 82,369 Thanks
    cjj
    Hi re Viking nectar offer. Wanted to check I have definitely registered nectar card to Viking account but don't know where to check. Looking on Viking account & not seeing nectar card. Where should it be please ? Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 16th Mar 17, 8:09 AM
    • 270 Posts
    • 3,658 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    I just got an email from SD with title

This Thursday = Great Hair Day

Nope, not for me

10% off hair colourants for our more hirsute crew
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Mar 17, 8:16 AM
    • 15,998 Posts
    • 188,996 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all - wasn't yesterday fabulous - mostly outside till about 4 - today is back to normal again, cloudy and overcast ...deep sigh, at least I got 2 lots of bedding changing and dried outside yesterday and all of the most urgent garden jobs done.

I saw 2 butterflies, neither stopped long enough to be photographed but googling they might have been a brimstone and a red admiral
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • cjj
    • By cjj 16th Mar 17, 8:17 AM
    • 6,229 Posts
    • 82,369 Thanks
    cjj

Over a 3 month period starting with Drs, then hospital scan, biopsy, another scan booked for this Friday... no results...
    Yesterday she was called out of the blue into see Consultant - she has cancerous lymph glands.
    She has to go to Cardiff on Monday for a full body scan to see where (or hopefully not) the primary cancer is ..
    It has been sinking in all day, Poor Mum & Dad are floundering... I know Dad has blood cancer but that seems in a different league to this.

I know others here have suffered & are suffering, and it is all new to us as a family, I hope you won't mind me asking stuff I don't understand?

apologies xxx
    So sorry to hear this snap. My friend's son had a lump in his neck which turned out to be nothing to worry about. It still worried everyone until he got the diagnosis. Wishing you all the best and sending love and hugs xxx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Mar 17, 8:18 AM
    • 28,213 Posts
    • 407,002 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Snap sorry to hear about your little sis positive thoughts and (((X))) sent down your way.

AJ I know how it feels when DS leaves the nest mine was bank of nan lol bank of mum didn't have much But DS did find loads stuff I had stashed

I also lost my darling Chloe dog around the same time DS left so no wonder I was a mess and bro took me Manchester Dogs Home and there was our Poppy (N209) waiting for her forever home and to cheer her new mum up
    Lost 2st-13lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Mar 17, 8:20 AM
    • 15,998 Posts
    • 188,996 Thanks
    mhoc
    A question please.

I had an email from Body Shop to say I've got my birthday £5 adding to my bodyshop card - assume I need to print the email off and take it with me, it wont be automatically on the card?

pondering now as to what I can buy with £5 in bodyshop that I actually need ...

I used OHs DOB as mine had passed

OH got his Greggs free cake added on - it wasn't there on Saturday when he got his free coke so they must add it on actually on your birthday
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 16th Mar 17, 8:20 AM
    • 4,653 Posts
    • 49,032 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 48.48

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 16th Mar 17, 8:22 AM
    • 18,269 Posts
    • 193,920 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, cloudy one here but fine.

Have to scan in the wedding photos today, DD wants a picture of my wedding dress as she is considering wearing it

apologies xxx
    So sorry about this Snap, but at least your sister didn't just keep hoping it would go away. You know you can come on here and have a moan, we are all here for you xx

Have to admit to being in tears here, think the wound is rather raw still, and thanks to you I am actually managing to cry, I sincerely hope you can give in and do the same xx

Good morning Elite

So life has changed, never to be the same again. My baby at the age of 27 has fledged. My stash has depleated the freezer looks slimmer and the Bank of M&D took a pounding

I can't remember a week like it, I'm sure my other three fledged much easier than this but there again the Bank of M&D took poundings then too .

So our weekend was quiet during the early hours of Saturday and Sunday, no drunken feet stumbled up the stairs we slept right through if I remember rightly
    Originally posted by altojack
    It is so nice to have the house to yourself, even if we do have a lot of DD and DS's stuff as DD is between homes and DS just doesn't seem to have collected all of his.

It's a strange thing but I take a lot of pleasure in putting something in the fridge that I WANT, and coming home to it and finding it still there
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,219Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin