Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,952Posts
    • 34,471Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3418
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 15th Mar 17, 1:32 PM
    • 14,160 Posts
    • 223,081 Thanks
    zippydooda
    afternoon gang
    I just had my HD and will poss go over my £100 so do I check and not press get voucher for the online thingy or just leave it all alone and not look?? sorry for the questions but never done this before xxxxx

also any ideas for cheap Gatwick North parking deals would be gratefully received as been let down for a space xxxx
    Originally posted by wendyak
    if you only have the one account as i do, IF its only a few quid, claim it anyway. eg you expect the apg to be £41 and your capped at £39
    that way you can do another 2 shops and get £41 + £41 for next month.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 15th Mar 17, 1:35 PM
    • 14,160 Posts
    • 223,081 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Does anyone else think the girl on Prime Suspect 1973 looks like Chesneys ex girlfriend in Coronation St.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    kept meaning to watch that. is it a new one or a repeat from 1973
    and is it on itv or bbc

edit, i see its new and on itv.
    bummer, i better set recorder so i can skip the ads
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 15th Mar 17, 1:38 PM
    • 6,729 Posts
    • 54,383 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Does anyone else think the girl on Prime Suspect 1973 looks like Chesneys ex girlfriend in Coronation St.
    No, I thought she looks like Pixi Lott.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Bargaingeek
    • By Bargaingeek 15th Mar 17, 1:48 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 1,559 Thanks
    Bargaingeek
    Yes me and my hubby thought the same !

• sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 15th Mar 17, 2:30 PM
    • 815 Posts
    • 10,740 Thanks
    sarahskint
    popped in sainsbugs to use a till spit on some ill fitting clothes and had a look round the toiletries and found so sexy perfume 30ml and Charlie blue 100ml both at 20p couldn't see anything else and the mandara spa stuff was still around the £2 mark. hth x
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 15th Mar 17, 2:40 PM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 13,416 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Hello,
    Just off for some sharpies. I was wondering if anyone knows if the 7th heaven face masks in the little individual packets show up on apg please? I need some and thought might be easy fillers to chuck in. Thank you
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 15th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 2,586 Posts
    • 34,187 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Hello,
    Just off for some sharpies. I was wondering if anyone knows if the 7th heaven face masks in the little individual packets show up on apg please? I need some and thought might be easy fillers to chuck in. Thank you
    Originally posted by sparklyfee
    Sorry sparklyfee. I've not tried these so couldn't say for sure.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • P2TKL
    • By P2TKL 15th Mar 17, 3:13 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    P2TKL
    Yes my hubby does !! He keeps telling me all through the programme...lol
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 15th Mar 17, 3:28 PM
    • 19,493 Posts
    • 252,848 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I tried the bottles of coke as mentioned last night but the Multi is on my shop, dont know if that means anything.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Unless something else has happened since or I have my wires crossed - this is 1.75L bottles isn't it? - the multi should be on. We want it to be on and for one (the regular Coke) to fail to appear and cause another at full price.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 15th Mar 17, 3:32 PM
    • 19,493 Posts
    • 252,848 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Comparing to unknown item in W £5 v £1 each.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    I think we know the item is that one that is showing £1 on W's website but OOS. Seems like the APG may not be picking up the fact it says OOS.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 15th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    • 3,249 Posts
    • 30,331 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    I've done 3 shops this month the first two had small apgs but the third one didn't. If I do another shop will my first shop disappear? I haven't claimed them because I've reached my limit this month but I'm frightened I'll lose the first one, if that makes any sense.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 15th Mar 17, 3:47 PM
    • 2,586 Posts
    • 34,187 Thanks
    pacifica9
    I've done 3 shops this month the first two had small apgs but the third one didn't. If I do another shop will my first shop disappear? I haven't claimed them because I've reached my limit this month but I'm frightened I'll lose the first one, if that makes any sense.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Yes Di. You can only claim the last three. Is your oldest APG small enough to abandon?
    Last edited by pacifica9; 15-03-2017 at 3:50 PM.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • goto
    • By goto 15th Mar 17, 4:42 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    goto
    If M are selling coke for 75p a bottle then that's 2 for £1.50

If 1 bottle appears at £1.66 v 75p then difference is 91p and 10% will add another 7p making the APG payout 98p. As the offer is 2 for £2.50 that will make the final cost after APG £1.52. Still 2p more expensive than a straight buy from M even without taking into account the M points scheme.

Is that right or have I missed something?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    • 48,723 Posts
    • 567,350 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Thanks Pacifia for checking shop
    What a glorious day it has been
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 15th Mar 17, 4:52 PM
    • 6,729 Posts
    • 54,383 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Finally got my 3k points from Viking!

I did message Nectar on fb about it, maybe that helped.
    Last edited by fuzzgun19; 15-03-2017 at 4:54 PM.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • P2TKL
    • By P2TKL 15th Mar 17, 5:14 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    P2TKL
    Someone posted about cash back on Bonne Mamman jam the other day. There were 2 lots....one was Green Jinn but I can't find the other. Can anyone help please ?
    • pippo
    • By pippo 15th Mar 17, 5:17 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    Someone posted about cash back on Bonne Mamman jam the other day. There were 2 lots....one was Green Jinn but I can't find the other. Can anyone help please ?
    Originally posted by P2TKL
    been robbed said it was also on shopitize
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 15th Mar 17, 5:21 PM
    • 2,586 Posts
    • 34,187 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Morning all.
    Just been checking my bank, and Adsa have not taken the money out of my bank for a C&C I did a week ago (7th). Do they normally take this long? TIA
    Originally posted by davemorton
    My outstanding payments have gone through today DM. Might be worth checking again when your bank updates today/tomorrow.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 15th Mar 17, 5:21 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    Another 3 small toiletries used up and I am busy decanting the dregs of a few shower gels into my little bottle that I take to the baths!
    I did go into SD today and bought a couple of little items that will go into the M&S advent calendar which I am recycling to use for DGDs.
    Also 'sold on' a couple of deodorants for a tiny profit!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 15th Mar 17, 5:26 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    Oh poo... no nectar double up this spring!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,401Posts Today

9,519Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin